Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:37 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,685 times

Advertisements

Both are wrong

But there were differences. Those at the wildlife center were fighting goverment taking land rights away. They were in a more defence mode. But both incidents were wrong.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:12 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What is the difference between a black guy shooting at police in Dallas and a white guy shooting at police in an Oregon wildlife sanctuary? Simple: the Black guy is a low life terrorist and the White guys are patriotic heroes defending the sacred freedom for individuals to abuse Federal land for their own monetary gain.

IMHO - the Dallas shooter wanted the police to feel just as frightened as many Black men. he did not realize that many police already feel frightened and the shootings of unarmed Blacks were caused by the craziness induced by the fear.
somebody gets it

Old 07-11-2016, 09:19 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
What is the difference between a black guy shooting at police in Dallas and a white guy shooting at police in an Oregon wildlife sanctuary? Simple: the Black guy is a low life terrorist and the White guys are patriotic heroes defending the sacred freedom for individuals to abuse Federal land for their own monetary gain.

IMHO - the Dallas shooter wanted the police to feel just as frightened as many Black men. he did not realize that many police already feel frightened and the shootings of unarmed Blacks were caused by the craziness induced by the fear.
Ding-****ing-ding!

Exactly. Look, we can all agree that what happened in Dallas is tragic. Of course. But we can't just say "it's bad" and expect anything to come of it. WHY did it happen. Well, for whatever reason, rather it's racism or media manipulation or whatever, black people feel the police are targeting them with greater levels of scrutiny and force than other groups. And of course this doesn't justify their actions and even if there were some truth to what they were fighting, plenty of cops AGREE with them on that issue. And if we want to solve the issue, we need to look at why people do the things they do. I know some people (morons is the real world) seem to dismiss reasoning because it either unimportant or giving them validation. From the motives of Al Qaeda to BLM, if you even for a second say "well here's why they did that," you're accused of condoning it when it reality, that's the best place to start if we want to figure out solutions.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:36 AM

304 posts, read 343,902 times
I worked 12 years in L.E. I'm not going to pretend that there aren't bad people working in law enforcement, there are. But when people come on here, and the mainstream media say that people like Alton Sterling are "upstanding citizens" they are omitting a huge part of the truth, by simply being oblivious. There are always 3 sides to every story, yours, mine, and the truth. I've copied and pasted Mr. Sterling's "rap sheet" just so everyone can see what an "upstanding citizen" he was. I'm not saying the shooting was completely justified, as the investigation hasn't been completed yet. But everyone is jumping to conclusions.

9/09/96 aggravated battery
10/31/97 2nd degree battery
1/06/98 simple battery
5/04/00 public intimidation
9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
9/04/01 domestic violence
5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
7/11/05 receiving stolen things
9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
6/03/09 resisting an officer, drug possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs, sound reproduct without consent
10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, marijuana possession
8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
6/14/16 ecstacy and marijuana possession

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program

Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,673,065 times
Quote:

Can't rep you again Greg, but yeah, this is a spot on view of a society being pulled apart by irrational hate and fear. Some here want the right to defend the idea that "some" lawbreaking is good..

Old 07-11-2016, 09:45 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
2004 graduating high school voted for Bush, should of voted for Kerry. 2008 voted for McCain. 2012 voted for Romney. 2016 Primary vote for Bernie. 2016 Election probably never vote for a Party again until a left or right Progressive is running. Bernie would of brought some change a little too much goverment oversight for my liking, but change none the less.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
I worked 12 years in L.E. I'm not going to pretend that there aren't bad people working in law enforcement, there are. But when people come on here, and the mainstream media say that people like Alton Sterling are "upstanding citizens" they are omitting a huge part of the truth, by simply being oblivious. There are always 3 sides to every story, yours, mine, and the truth. I've copied and pasted Mr. Sterling's "rap sheet" just so everyone can see what an "upstanding citizen" he was. I'm not saying the shooting was completely justified, as the investigation hasn't been completed yet. But everyone is jumping to conclusions.

9/09/96 aggravated battery
10/31/97 2nd degree battery
1/06/98 simple battery
5/04/00 public intimidation
9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
9/04/01 domestic violence
5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
7/11/05 receiving stolen things
9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
6/03/09 resisting an officer, drug possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs, sound reproduct without consent
10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, marijuana possession
8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
6/14/16 ecstacy and marijuana possession

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office OffenderWatch® sex offender management, mapping and email alert program
By posting this list, you are saying that the shooting was not only justified but constituted capital offenses.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:12 AM

590 posts, read 554,819 times
You are not alone in making a decision to never vote for a Democrat again, I have 3 friends who were registered Democrats, but have not voted for a Democratic candidate in the last 30/40 years. The Democratic party of today is nothing like what it was when JFK was president.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:14 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
By posting this list, you are saying that the shooting was not only justified but constituted capital offenses.
no one is saying that, period...however, he was a convicted felon and criminal....trying to make him out like a God...typical reply...."oh he was a fine upstanding citizen". Yeah right.

Like the cops set out to shoot him

I'd like to see what happened and transpired before they shot him....he was resisting, that you can most certainly see.....

Try being a cop once, and deal with these people....before commenting and making accusations that are unrealistic.

You don't have a clue.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:20 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
That's quite a leap you made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies