Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:54 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
If I have a problem with something, I'm going to meet with an representative who can solve the issue. I do not need people sabotaging my effort with their own agenda.
Good. Meeting with your rep to persuade her/him is arguably a form of protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
If they feel they need to protest, then protest. Maybe some of us should listen more.

Start listening, less violence.
We all need to listen better. A lot of misinformation on both sides. A lot of half-truth talking points.

We need to empathize with millions of Americans who feel threatened by the police.

We need to empathize with the police who risk their lives for us in dangerous jobs and often in dangerous communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 07:54 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

What equal rights do they not have?...
It's useless for me to answer you since you will only strongly disagree. So here's my suggestion. Drive into the predominantly Black section of the city nearest you, find a group of Black men and women out in the street, and strike up a conversation with them about what you don't understand about their perspective.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Bad resonse. Blocking roads is going to get protestors killed. Unless police get this aspect of these anarchist's activities under control, the public is going to take matters into their own hands. It won't be long, trust me.
And yet in other threads in this forum we have White anarchists who are always talking about rising up and taking over the country.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:02 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And yet in other threads in this forum we have White anarchists who are always talking about rising up and taking over the country.
The authorities do move in on them when they act up.

And sometimes with arguably excessive force like Ruby Ridge.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Good. Meeting with your rep to persuade her/him is arguably a form of protest.

We all need to listen better. A lot of misinformation on both sides. A lot of half-truth talking points.

We need to empathize with millions of Americans who feel threatened by the police.

We need to empathize with the police who risk their lives for us in dangerous jobs and often in dangerous communities.

Good post. People do need to start listening to each other. But they at the same time, Protestors cannot take matters into their own hands by killing and violence, which solves nothing. Only makes matters worse, and creates hate and chaos.

I know some very fine hard working Police who go into communities, I would never be caught going into daytime or nighttime. But they do it, and do it well. And I never will know what it is like to be black because I am not, I also feel for them. But when protestors get out there, and create chaos, and violence, and stop the flow of traffic, throw cyclinder blocks and rocks and huge stones at passing vehicles, scream and yell at innocent by-standers and more, I don't take them seriously.

And when these people burn the very towns that they live in, forget it, I have no sympathy for them at all.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:01 PM

270 posts, read 198,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Do you know what is "The Talk?"
Those of us who are Black and live in Black neighborhoods talk to each other and are children about how to act responsibly IF you are pulled over by a cop. Most Black people I know NEVER get pulled over unless we do something wrong. However, in high crime areas actual criminals get pulled over--sometimes for flimsy reasons--but instead of acting responsibly the criminal element may cuss out the cops, run away or resist arrest.
Regular Black folk have to endure the tension with cops that the criminal element causes. So we have to be extra cautious in case we are pulled over.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:04 PM

270 posts, read 198,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You..and me... a white policeman COULD make a difference working together

We could try to understand each other..find common ground..build upon it to improve the lives of all people
ESPECIALLY HEALTHY NUCLEAR FAMILIES
Thank you for conscious thought
Thanks, man! And you have a great tomorrow!

Old 07-11-2016, 09:24 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Do you know what is "The Talk?"
I get a little tired hearing about it.
Every responsible parent has that discussion.
My blond, blue-eyed son got "The Talk."

I guess it worked. He (and his sister) treat people,
including authority, with respect and they never got in trouble.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
Protesting on weekdays, don't these people have jobs? I mean the last time I listened to a bum was...never

Old 07-12-2016, 12:02 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
I AM a Black American who spent YEARS in left-wing movements before finally seeing that I was nothing but a tool for manipulators who wish to destroy economic systems and nuclear families. YOU are the person making rash and ignorant remarks.

I really respect your honesty here on this forum. And I am glad that however long it did take you, you knew you were being taken in, and manipulated. You saw thru the BS you were given for so long.
You knew you were being used as a tool, for whatever this group needed from you. I really respect you and your being honest with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies