Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 10:14 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
No its not. Its an Anti-Police Cult using Terrorist Tactics against people who play no part in what they are protesting. The BLM driven Shooter did not shoot a single Cop that was guilty of Police Brutality, did he. He shot innocent people. BLM is the Black Version of the KKK.
BLM is more like Hamas than the KKK. Many BLM activist have relationships with Hamas. NOI is more like the KKK.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/07/h...s-our-campaign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 10:15 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Yep, sure do. Do you really expect anyone to believe that all those Black men in Prison are there because of race? That's funny. Yes, they are there because they are guilty, and failed in Court, or took a plea. I sit in on Trials a lot, and most of the Defendants are Black. Coincidence? I think not.
It's not really that hard to understand when you realize that Cops spend a significant majority of their time and resources fighting the longest and costliest War in US History-the War on "Drugs"-solely in black and minority neighborhoods, even though drug usage and dealing rates are equal across all demographics at best (many studies show whites to consume and sell drugs at higher rates).

Fighting this war allows for bigger budgets and more war toys for the police department-and significantly more revenue for the state, including stripping the "suspect" of all assets and possessions. "Civil forfeiture". Going after poor defendants or defendants without connections or knowledge of the system ensures an easy and profitable case as most defendants are scared into admitting guilt and taking plea bargains often when there is no crime.

Fighting actual violent crime is not profitable, so apparently not worth spending time on for Police in this country. Nearly all their time and resources are spent fruitlessly fighting non-violent crimes with no victim. It's insanity, and posting prison populations or defendant statistics only shows the racial disparity of who is most effected by the insanity.

The focus on the War on "Drugs" and fighting non-violent victim-less crime has become such a problem that Cops actually solving murder/rapes is at an all-time low even though violent crime is lower than in the past and there have been trans-formative technological advances with forensics and DNA. It's a disgrace, and the War on "Drugs" must be ended so Cops can actually do their intended job.
Open Cases: Why One-Third Of Murders In America Go Unresolved : NPR

The War on "Drugs" has been proven to be initiated and driven by racism and "controlling" vast segments of the black community, especially during the decades when their communities were economically gutted and abandoned by deindustrialization and globalization. The massive expansion of prisons was one way to conceal the true economic destruction of black families and many from the working/middle class.

When you also realize that money buys justice in our "justice" system you realize that it is like pouring gasoline on an already raging fire.

Hopefully you are not too ignorant or racist to change your perspective and realize the true nature of policing and courts in the US.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 07-12-2016 at 10:32 PM..

Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Both....if that's what happened. Let's wait for an investigation.

My point was that he isn't someone I'd choose as a martyr. He was a violent criminal with a long rap sheet. It's possible he was reaching for his gun and the cops reacted. I am not defending the police officers, but there are many innocent victims of crime every day, many of them victims of someone like Alton Sterling, and nobody is holding a candlelight vigil for them.
Patently false. Mass media is not an accurate reflection of reality.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Now making the viral rounds, they are comparing this picture to the iconic Tiananmen Square picture where a lone man bravely stood up to a line of tanks.

Not even close in my opinion. In fact her action sort of strike me as calculatingly narcissistic. I am sure we will see more of her as she makes the news interview rounds and becomes the new face and 'hero' of the movement. Sorry but just my opinion.

At any rate, I suppose it served its purpose of bringing attention to this issue.

This Black Lives Matter Photo Should Be Seen Around The World

Agreed.

She is an obvious attention *****.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:50 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
What happened to the Police is 100% the fault of BLM. They are responsible for every death. The Protest was to be a "static" protest, and was agreed upon by the meetings the Protesters had with the Police. When the Protest started, the Protesters started marching down the street, and the Police had to follow. BLM is the ones who put the Police in that Killing zone. Maybe BLM took them there on purpose. Who knows.
Your answer doesn't respond to my post at all in which I was pointing out to another poster that her fantasy was that there had been rioting, burning, and looting in Dallas. There hadn't been.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why isn't she protesting the MANY more Blacks being killed by other Blacks in Chicago? Or, do Black lives not matter when it's Blacks killing other Blacks?
What are whites doing about white on white crime. What are y'all doing about the killings of unarmed white people.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:08 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Identified:

Woman Behind Black Lives Matter Photo Calls Herself a 'Vessel,' Describes Image as 'Work of God'

Calls herself a "vessel."

Old 07-12-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
A good "Offense" is worth a dozen defenses. The only way to deal with thugs is step on them, like any other "Bug."
That attitude is not dissimilar from BLM, just from the other perspective.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Doesn't make any difference where they came from. The other "Half" was local. They agreed when it was organized to not move from the area. They lied. They led the Police right into an ambush. They are all as guilty as the next guy. BLM are Terrorists and should be dealt with as such.
Show the evidence.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:21 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Let's see.

I live in an upper middle class neighborhood in northeast Texas. I am a "block communicator" for our Homeowner's Association, so I am pretty familiar with the makeup of my block.

I have twenty families on my block. In that mix are:

A Muslim family
An African American family
Several disabled neighbors in wheelchairs
Two gay couples (one is two females and the other is two males)
A Hispanic family
Three elderly widows
Three retired couples
Three families with college aged kids (ours included)
A family with very young children (two, I think)
At least one family with multiple school aged kids

We have bi-yearly neighborhood picnics in the common area across from my house and they are very well attended by many different "types" of neighbors. And when we moved in, though we had numerous neighbors drop by to welcome us, not a single neighbor pulled us aside and whispered, "THOSE folks in THAT house are (fill in the blank)."

Our neighborhood isn't gated but it's definitely "well heeled" and we also have a very low crime rate. Super low, in fact.

From where I sit, looking out my office window at my quiet, peaceful neighborhood, enjoying the view of the little mini library hut where I see families and people of all ages, sizes, shapes, and colors trading out books on a regular basis, I think the biggest factor in crime is probably income level - not race or religion or ethnicity.

Down the road from me is a wretched little town - one of my most disliked places on this earth. The reason I dislike it isn't because of it's racial makeup - it's because of the poverty that permeates that town. The town is actually pretty much like my neighborhood when it comes to racial demographics, but it's average income level is significantly lower than the one in my town (as is the average educational level). The crime rate is terrible. And I know this from first hand experience, because I used to live in the hood in that wretched town. Gangs, drugs, drive by shootings, massive illegitimacy rates - it's a horrible little town. Industry has dried up there for various reasons and the crime rate mirrors the income level.

The biggest factor driving criminal behavior is always stupidity.

Lots of poor people obey the law.

If you happen to be stupid, you stand a really good chance of also being poor, but stupidity is the driving force behind criminality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies