Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:48 AM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Now making the viral rounds, they are comparing this picture to the iconic Tiananmen Square picture where a lone man bravely stood up to a line of tanks.

Not even close in my opinion. In fact her action sort of strike me as calculatingly narcissistic. I am sure we will see more of her as she makes the news interview rounds and becomes the new face and 'hero' of the movement. Sorry but just my opinion.

At any rate, I suppose it served its purpose of bringing attention to this issue.

This Black Lives Matter Photo Should Be Seen Around The World

Quote:
A photo of an unnamed protester at a Black Lives Matter demonstration in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, has become a powerful image of the ongoing struggle between law enforcement and black Americans.

More than 100 people were arrested during a protest outside the city’s police headquarters on Saturday following the death of Alton Sterling, who was shot and killed by police outside a convenience store last week.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-11-2016 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: copyright - too long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 06:49 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Now making the viral rounds, they are comparing this picture to the iconic Tiananmen Square picture where a lone man bravely stood up to a line of tanks.

Not even close in my opinion. In fact her action sort of strike me as calculatingly narcissistic. I am sure we will see more of her as she makes the news interview rounds and becomes the new face and 'hero' of the movement. Sorry but just my opinion.

At any rate, I suppose it served its purpose of bringing attention to this issue.

Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization set to deliver anarchy to America. No "image" can change that.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:52 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Why isn't she protesting the MANY more Blacks being killed by other Blacks in Chicago? Or, do Black lives not matter when it's Blacks killing other Blacks?

Old 07-11-2016, 06:58 AM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times
You know why she's the only protester in that photo? Because the crowd was told to get out of the street and she's the only dummy who remained.

The comparison to Tiananmen Square isn't even close.

I've also seen a ton of social media comments on how the cops are overdressed, look like Storm Troopers, etc. THOSE are the comments that make me nuts. 5 cops died from a sniper attack a few days ago and these SJWs can't figure out that that gear may be necessary?

They're all frickin' idiots.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Look, I get the anxiety and demand for answers and justice for innocent victims of police brutality. But this guy in Baton Rouge? Please.

Anyway, you can expect the police to come and get you and arrest you if you block traffic during a protest and refuse to move. I don't see this picture as portraying anything heroic.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:28 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
what moron would dare compare Tiananmen square to BLM? give me a FREAKING break!

you really can't fix stupid.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:29 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
So, the HuffPo wants to compare America's police to the murderous communist regime who put down the peaceful Democratic protests in China, killing thousands with tanks and guns.

Yep, sounds like a typical braindead liberal meme.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 07-11-2016 at 08:20 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 07:39 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
I think it is representative of the antagonistic attitude of some blacks that gets them into deadly confrontations with police.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:48 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,000,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization set to deliver anarchy to America. No "image" can change that.

Exactly has is it a terrorist organization? I guess the business owners, Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, etc. that I know attend are terrorists.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
I do know quite a few blacks and they have told me that the blm is called by them Black Lies Matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies