Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 12:20 PM

77 posts, read 37,068 times

Advertisements

Thank you, and getting away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Here's the thing though. BLM isn't stating that more black people are shot by police than other races. They are arguing that more black people are shot unjustly by police based on their race and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 12:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
Here's the thing though. BLM isn't stating that more black people are shot by police than other races. They are arguing that more black people are shot unjustly by police based on their race and nothing else.
Here's the thing though. There's nothing to substantiate that narrative.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:22 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Quote:
Some might consider this profiling.... But stats show that men commit crimes much more often than women. So it's only logical that cops would profile men over women.
Uh... on a proportional basis, blacks commit crimes more often than women. It it only logical that cops would profile blacks over whites?

Last edited by War Beagle; 07-11-2016 at 01:47 PM..

Old 07-11-2016, 01:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Yes, the numbers of white people who have been shot by cops is higher, but you need to remember the total population of black people in the country is much lower. So a higher percentage of black people, not all people, are being shot.

Having said that, you then must do the same for the number of cops being shot and assaulted by both groups and even though the numbers of white people shooting cops is higher (with fewer assaults on cops than black people), the percentage of black people who shoot and assault cops is much higher.

Not the total now, the percentage.

Mostly males in both groups. I keep saying that after you weed out the violent nut jobs you'll probably find trigger happy cops who are scared every time they stop a black male. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it could explain the numbers.

And if that's the case, it may only get worse following the most recent incidents.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:46 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,848 times
Yep.

But the Democrats and the media have a vested interest in sparking racial violence. They want ratings and votes.

It's disgusting and in my opinion traitorous.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:48 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes, the numbers of white people who have been shot by cops is higher, but you need to remember the total population of black people in the country is much lower. So a higher percentage of black people, not all people, are being shot.

Having said that, you then must do the same for the number of cops being shot and assaulted by both groups and even though the numbers of white people shooting cops is higher (with fewer assaults on cops than black people), the percentage of black people who shoot and assault cops is much higher.

Not the total now, the percentage.

Mostly males in both groups. I keep saying that after you weed out the violent nut jobs you'll probably find trigger happy cops who are scared every time they stop a black male. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it could explain the numbers.

And if that's the case, it may only get worse following the most recent incidents.
Yes. More whites are shot but blacks are shot out of proportion to their population. They also commit BY FAR more crime than their percentage of population.

Some hard cold truths are emerging from this debate.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:44 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
We can debate the numbers... I think the point is that all races deal with this. Certain instances are highlighted by certain groups and with all day media coverage for certain purpose(s).

Obviously there are some instances where the police kills someone and it is totally justified, and it goes unnoticed.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:19 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,166 times
Default Anotehr great resource The Guardian is keeping track

The Guardian is keeping track of deaths from Police-the Brits have us beat. Thankfully, they have stepped up to the plate.

About The Counted: why and how the Guardian is counting US police killings | US news | The Guardian

I have the page on how you can help listed here. You can go to the main page and look up using different search criterion(filters) what shootings have happened where and to who.
The Counted: people killed by police in the United States

I am sickened enough by the black people killed but also seeing the 3 white, mentally ill women killed by cops in 2015 alone in my home state of Texas-disgusts me!

Old 09-02-2016, 08:24 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Quote:
They pick and choose their stats, for their false agenda..
The reality, they don't give a crap about anyone else. More whites are killed by cops. Why are they being killed? because they threaten the lives of someone during their interaction with the law. Is it justified? Unless you are in the position of the cop, you cant answer. Everyone reacts different to stress, hence fight or flight..

Old 09-02-2016, 08:31 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Which is complete BS. BLM thinks that being shot for brandishing a weapon (mainly illegal weapons) and endangering officers and others lives is unjust. They also have this idea that blacks should not be stopped for illegal activity. Case in point is they say its only racially motivated when police stop more black people for violations in a mostly black populated although they violated some law. The ONLY thing that can be taken away from their rantings is that they want to be able to break laws and have no consequences just because they are black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies