Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 01:34 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,023,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
from the video I posted, you can see the guy bend over the drivers side window then lean in, and then he gets shot a second or 2 later. it was not immediately upon approaching the cops car.

how long do you have wait to defend yourself when someone is assulting you? That's the question
There is no indication in that video that a single punch was thrown. The guy was shot within a second of getting within arms reach of the off duty cop. There was no car behind or in front of him, he easily could have backed up a few feet, taken his gun and badge, and told the guy to back off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 07:55 AM

Apparently the pro cop guys have fallen out of this thread, because there is no justification for what he did. Wouldn't expect cops to ever say that one of their own would lie to justify a murder.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:45 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,368,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Yes - the cop should have driven away - but there's something about being hit in the head a couple of times where you might just decide you should fight back.
\
are you kidding me?

drive away and leave a dangerous and violent criminal on the street to rampage away????? has your mind been so clouded you think this?

really?

punching someone in the face is a violent felony. period.

for the sake of argument, lets suppose I am standing on the sidewalk right by the attack. The cop takes a punch then drives off....

im standing there, this guy looks at me and decides I need to receive his brand of justice. so he beats me half to death.

I later find out that was a COP WITH A GUN that drove off...

Im suing the police officer and the police department for not doing their job.

This off duty police officer did his job. period.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:22 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,147,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
\
are you kidding me?

drive away and leave a dangerous and violent criminal on the street to rampage away????? has your mind been so clouded you think this?
It generally is advice that is gave everyone. Including the advice the police will give.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:27 AM

39,838 posts, read 26,467,593 times
Quote:
Police say both men pulled over at a red light, and Small exited his vehicle and punched the off-duty policeman repeatedly through an open window. Isaacs had pulled out his service weapon and fatally shot Small.
And? Dumbazz dead guy assaults a man through the window of his car. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Thankful it was an armed off-duty cop this thug decided to attack, rather than some random, innocent person.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:29 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,338,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Apparently the pro cop guys have fallen out of this thread, because there is no justification for what he did. Wouldn't expect cops to ever say that one of their own would lie to justify a murder.

What are you babbling about? Most of the so called pro cop position is in reality an anti-thug position. When life long criminals have a run in with the cops and resist arrest , most people know eventually something will go wrong. Why do you people stand up for pedophile , thieving violent dirtbags all the time? When it is police brutality in reality, lots of people had a problem with it, until that is BLM came and FFed it all up.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:51 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,108,436 times
Troublemakers deserve what they get.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,108,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
OR, the other guy could have just not started punching him
This line of reasoning makes too much sense! Especially for those who want this guy to be another "victim"

Old 07-12-2016, 11:59 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,147,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
This line of reasoning makes too much sense! Especially for those who want this guy to be another "victim"
Victim? No, more of a moron who was unjustly killed. If it had been just, the one who shot would not have felt compelled to lie about it.

I support the idea of people having guns. I understand the problems of dishonest people with guns though.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And? Dumbazz dead guy assaults a man through the window of his car. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Thankful it was an armed off-duty cop this thug decided to attack, rather than some random, innocent person.

If you bothered to watch the video, you'd see there was no assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies