Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 02:57 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times

Advertisements

So I was listening to the radio today as I took my kids to the beach today. I am not a frequent listener and I only heard 1 segment.

However, he was saying that Black Lives Matter doesn't want what is in the constitution that they want independent black states within the country.

He was implying, at least in the segment that this was a major theme of the group. The major theme of the group is that they want less police shootings.

How many blacks actually want independent states within the US? Is that not absurd to project that on all of BLM?

How can we solve the issue when we scream such things.

Is he not guilty what so many have accused BLM of (including myself)? BLM misuses statistics, ie showing total number of unarmed blacks getting shot by police while ignoring that most were justified (ie a person driving a car and hitting cops on foot is considered unarmed if they are shot). Is Rush not misusing the words of a few BLM knuckleheads and implying it represents the majority?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 03:01 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,032 times
Um....several black radical groups have called for separate nation states in the US similar to the native Americans reservations.

Hillary and Obama have been steadily pumping fuel on this for 8 years. NOW you're mad that Rush simply repeats what some groups HAVE called for???

Old 07-11-2016, 03:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Um....several black radical groups have called for separate nation states in the US similar to the native Americans reservations.

Hillary and Obama have been steadily pumping fuel on this for 8 years. NOW you're mad that Rush simply repeats what some groups HAVE called for???

Specifically which ones?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
I wouldn't mind giving them a state of their own, and allowing them to manage it. But if it turned out the way Detroit did, are the rest of the states going to be forced to pay for it?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:09 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
Limbaugh and Sharpton. 2 idiots who have no business getting an audience.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:10 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,214 times
Rush is just selling what his audience is buying. Rush's fans tune in each day to hear what they should be angry and upset about. Rush knows that his show relies on his right wing fanbase being whipped into a frenzy of fear and anger. His fans already are afraid of black people and believe in the race war nonsense, Rush is just tapping into their fear, anger and paranoia to make a buck. He has been doing it very successfully for decades now.

Ironic that we never hear one peep from Rush and his fans about the white radicals in Texas and Alaska that have openly called for secession though. I guess it is only scary when a black person says it.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:13 PM

643 posts, read 471,753 times
Limbaugh is simply saying what a lot of black lies matter are saying. If you can not handle the truth then don't listen to Limbaugh.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM

643 posts, read 471,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Limbaugh and Sharpton. 2 idiots who have no business getting an audience.
If you can not see that Sharpton is a con man and Limbaugh simply comments on the news then I can not help you.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Specifically which ones?
I believe the Nation of Islam is probably the biggest group who has called for black separatism.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:16 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Rush is just selling what his audience is buying. Rush's fans tune in each day to hear what they should be angry and upset about. Rush knows that his show relies on his right wing fanbase being whipped into a frenzy of fear and anger. His fans already are afraid of black people and the upcoming race war, Rush is just tapping into their fear, anger and paranoia to make a buck. He has been doing it very successfully for decades now.
Whipped into a frenzy of fear and anger? LOL, sounds like you are talking about BLM.

I honestly don't know too many conservatives that listen to or follow Limbaugh anymore. I kind of lost respect for him after finding out about his prescription drug abuse. At the time, I felt that made him quite a hypocrite.

But, the past is the past I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies