Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 10:27 PM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Single payer is a blank check handout backed by the slavery of the masses only for the benefit of insurance companies, drug companies, and medical professionals that only wish to exploit humans as much as is possible.
You are on the wrong planet!

Single payer is what insurance companies do NOT want. i.e. we got Obamacare for gosh sakes!

Single payer is what the drug companies do not want. No more confusing shenanigans on price. Me too drugs go to pennies or worse. One payer sets the price. We the people and our elected officials set the prices. This is why drugs cost so much less in other countries.

And they want to pay docs less. The docs are worried about exploitation of their profession and becoming slaves themselves, not the people for gosh sakes!

Single payer is a blank check handout for the people if anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 11:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The details of my family's previous plan, as well as the carrier are not relevant to this discussion.

IF YOU LIKE YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PLAN, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR HEALTH CARE PLAN.

This was a lie.
Then why mention it because you seem to think it is relevant?

So you say it was a lie, but I question if you are telling the truth, therefore you can't really prove it was true without details. I am 100% positive you are omitting key information that doesn't fit with your narrative.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:35 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Medicare and the VA has strong public support among its users. In the UK and Canada, their health care systems get 90% approval ratings. The US? The only country without a national health care system? Its a disaster.

Source?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Actually our current private health care system is an extremely bloated system that is more dead weight that could and should be reformed. Though I am sure you would rather have all our money go to prop up a poorly functioning private system than an efficient and functional public system that could easily be much more cost-effective.

You don't want guaranteed health insurance? Such weird thing to get mad about, I always have a hard time understanding right wingers.

Yeah, that's what I need, a card that says I have health insurance and a waiting list to see a doctor because the BCBS PPO I have now just sucks!

sarc/off

Old 07-12-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Oh man, not this nonsense again. If you didn't know, the plan you couldn't keep was probably a waste of money plan that didn't actually cover anything to begin with.

Yeah, like maternity coverage for middle-aged men and mandatory BC for post menopausal women.

How did we ever manage before Obamacare?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:55 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Many of "us" didn't.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:58 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Fair point.

But how many more years are you going to whine about that.
Interesting how supporters of the ACA attempt to avoid accountability for the lies told by its authors. I guess blaming those who won't forget them is one of those methods.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, like maternity coverage for middle-aged men and mandatory BC for post menopausal women.

I managed all right. Perhaps BO and his supporters can't deal with the idea that not everyone needs them to manage their lives.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Then why mention it because you seem to think it is relevant?

So you say it was a lie, but I question if you are telling the truth, therefore you can't really prove it was true without details. I am 100% positive you are omitting key information that doesn't fit with your narrative.
It's really simple. BO made a statement regarding whether or not those who had health care insurance would be able to retain that coverage if his signature legislation was passed. He said those individuals could keep those policies. That turned out to be a false statement. The only relevant piece of information is did I have health insurance prior to BO's signature legislation being passed, and was I told I could keep that coverage. The answer to both questions is yes. Did that occur as BO promised? No, it did not.

No other key information needed. Now would you like to discuss the $2500 savings many were promised?

Old 07-13-2016, 12:10 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,416 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I need, a card that says I have health insurance and a waiting list to see a doctor because the BCBS PPO I have now just sucks!

sarc/off
Actually that is where the reform is needed, we currently waste too much money on health care in this country. Those this nonsense of long wait lines to see a doctor if we had universal healthcare is complete garbage.

You wouldn't have to wait any more than you do now to see a doctor.

Quote:

Actually it makes no sense charging women more for health insurance just because they are a woman. Birth control and maternity coverage just now falls into the standard basic coverage. There has always been things that your insurance covered that you didn't need. We aren't paying for each specific thing, we are just paying for over all insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies