Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:22 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And WHAT has the "group involved" done that should strip them of 2nd Amendment rights?
I find it terribly sad how many that claim they are for this right or that right really mean that they support the right for themselves only.

I don't even own a gun. I have no use for nor a desire to own a gun. Unless through due process you've had the right removed, I do not care who you are, I support you exercising your rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 03:22 PM

23,946 posts, read 15,052,675 times
There are probably not 200 NEW Black panthers in the whole country.

Somebody should have given those guys at the polling place with their guns a big hug.

Go read up on the real Black Panthers and Governor Ronald Reagan.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Exclusive: New Black Panther Party says to carry arms in Cleveland if legal | Reuters

The New Black Panther Party, a "black power" movement, will carry firearms for self-defense during demonstrations in Cleveland ahead of next week's Republican convention if allowed under Ohio law, the group's chairman said.

The plan by the group could add to security headaches for the Ohio city after last week's killing of five police officers in Dallas by a U.S. army veteran who had been drawn to black separatist ideology, including on Facebook, before hatching his plan to target white police officers.

Several other groups, including some supporters of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, have said they will carry weapons in Cleveland, leading to concerns about rival groups being armed in close proximity.

Civil War II coming to a town in Ohio this summer.

Or it keeps everyone honest.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:24 PM

68,325 posts, read 54,330,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I find it terribly sad how many that claim they are for this right or that right really mean that they support the right for themselves only.
Sad but let's look on the bright side as what a good indicator of peoples' hypocrisy it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't even own a gun. I have no use for nor a desire to own a gun. Unless through due process you've had the right removed, I do not care who you are, I support you exercising your rights.
But, but, but you wanna give rights to those who ain't 'us'?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:30 PM

27,096 posts, read 15,289,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Exclusive: New Black Panther Party says to carry arms in Cleveland if legal | Reuters

The New Black Panther Party, a "black power" movement, will carry firearms for self-defense during demonstrations in Cleveland ahead of next week's Republican convention if allowed under Ohio law, the group's chairman said.

The plan by the group could add to security headaches for the Ohio city after last week's killing of five police officers in Dallas by a U.S. army veteran who had been drawn to black separatist ideology, including on Facebook, before hatching his plan to target white police officers.

Several other groups, including some supporters of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, have said they will carry weapons in Cleveland, leading to concerns about rival groups being armed in close proximity.

Civil War II coming to a town in Ohio this summer.

For "self defense"?

I think more for intimidation.
Wonder if they are taking a cue from former member Micah Johnson.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
For "self defense"?

I think more for intimidation?
Wonder if they are taking a cue from former member Micah Johnson.
Intimidation plays a role. I'd say it does in most every single instance of open carry. Isn't at least a part of open carry to tell people "don't mess with me"?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:32 PM

57,192 posts, read 26,154,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Maybe you and others will get this.......The Oath Keepers and Republicans come to protect the police and the New Black panthers come to do what to the police?.......big difference if you remove your blinders.
So you're ready to remove their second amendment rights because you don't like their first amendment rhetoric, this is more than amusing.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you're ready to remove their second amendment rights because you don't like their first amendment rhetoric, this is more than amusing.
Again, well stated.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:35 PM

27,096 posts, read 15,289,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Second Amendment! Second Amendment! Second Amendment! Second Amendment!

Ah BS and you know it.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:36 PM

57,192 posts, read 26,154,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Where are these so called "white supremacists" you keep going on about?
The 3%ers aren't white supremacists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies