Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You conservatives love open carry... You don't notice how dumb an idea like open carry is until groups you don't like start doing the same thing.
You don't know what I think! Who ever said I was conservative? Oh you must be a conservative if one supports the 2nd Amendment.

I never said I think open carry is a good idea, and those I know who carry concealed weapons, do it for their own use, not to intimidate others!

Plus, why take weapons to someone else rally, seems the NBP are the ones looking for trouble, not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So if that is true what's the problem, are the Oath Keepers Members?
Most happen to vote Republicans......be foolish to vote Dem.

Quote:
This is just too perfect a situation for the pro gun supporters, some real creative reasoning to explain why they now hate open carry.
Is this why the hate group is going to show up to a convention they have no reason to be there, just who is starting problems?.......are they voting Trump? I also doubt they would be carrying, if your boys stay home.

I doubt Oath Keepers will be going to Hillary's convention......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 06:25 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Pro gun.....I support your right to own guns. I support your right to carry. I support both groups here.

What we have here is not you wanting to point out the obvious hypocrisy of some, but you want to paint everyone that believes differently than you with the same broad brush.
Well maybe not everyone but there is a healthy contingent, we will see.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,790 times
Will be interesting to see who shoots first

Old 07-12-2016, 06:30 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,604 times
It's so refreshing to see all folks who are usually very anti gun defending the rights of these folks.

I guess that means the 2A and guns in general have no stigma on city data anymore

Old 07-12-2016, 06:31 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
!

Most happen to vote Republicans......be foolish to vote Dem.

Is this why the hate group is going to show up to a convention they have no reason to be there, just who is starting problems?.......are they voting Trump? I also doubt they would be carrying, if your boys stay home.

I doubt Oath Keepers will be going to Hillary's convention......

I am pretty familiar with Oath Keepers, 3%ers and some of the other extreme right wing that support Trump, their demographics are pretty clear. I don't think they are in the BLM camp, no need to worry about them voting for Clinton or any other democrat. I do believe they were coming prior to the NBP announcement.

They Oath Keepers showed up at Ferguson, were they invited.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:45 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Interesting. When whites open carry they are defending themselves and have the right under the 2nd amendment . While blacks open carry are looking for trouble according to this crowd. So transparent!!!
Not true:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm not personally into open carry, but I won't tell others not to utilize their Second Amendment rights. If they want to open carry, it is their right.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:00 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why would these people want to take their selves to the Republican Convention is Oath Keepers showing up to the DNC.....I highly doubt it. I would not go to a DNC, unless, I wanted to argue with the other side, it is enough to come one here.

So that little "fake" email about disrupting the RNC, is it true? Marital law and all!

Nothing like thugs, trying to fight military guys.
Uh- there are lots and lots of black military, both serving and of former service. Some of them are just as militant as their white brothers in arms. Don't be betting that they won't shoot straight if it comes to that- they will. Their discipline and organization will be exactly the same, no matter the color of their skin.

Even so, I'm not at all sure the violence everyone expects to happen so much will come to pass. Cleveland's preparations have been pretty quiet, but I'm sure they have a lot of contingency plans in place for a wide variety of possible street events and confrontations.

The RNC must have its own plans, too. Holding a convention session convening very early in the morning, for example, could prevent possible violence. So could shutting down the convention altogether, but not ending it could also work. For sure, they have been in talks with the Cleveland city officials for a long time about this.

Without a doubt, the nation's eyes will be on Cleveland next week. I don't know what will happen, but I'm pretty sure it will not be a repeat of Chicago 1968.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:05 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,441 times
Any other Gen X'rs here laughing at the entire state of our country right now? Too young to experience the riots of the 60s and 70s, but now old enough to sit back home and watch it all burn down in this decade?

BURN BABY BURN!

I'm not pro-violence, but I am seriously apathetic and think this whole planet is a cornball.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:28 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well maybe not everyone but there is a healthy contingent, we will see.
We do not have to wait and see. There definitely is.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:29 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
It's so refreshing to see all folks who are usually very anti gun defending the rights of these folks.

I guess that means the 2A and guns in general have no stigma on city data anymore
Or opposing police actions?

https://www.oathkeepers.org/critical...g-a-civil-war/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies