Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 07:15 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneP21 View Post
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...acts/marijuana

yeah those don't sound innoucuous to me
drugabuse.gov?

That is all propaganda. But every word I type on this sentence is a complete waste of fingers, keyboard, and bandwidth, because you are, like all prohibitionists, completely closed minded on the subject. I could point you to weeks worth of research links, but if they don't correspond to your already-made-up mind, they will be ignored.

BTW, I have been a daily user of cannabis for nearly 45 years, and I've done lots of research to boot. I think that makes me qualified on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 07:16 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Quote:
the difference is like the situation I brought up in the op. The children were able to be removed from the environment. Given that the substance was legal. The children would have stayed in that environment and continued to get high everyday with their parents. These children were under 7 years old...
Just maybe responsible adult who happen to smoke "POT"..are like most responsible adults who smoke outdoors..WE have heard complaints by neighbour's of Pot smokers who do it ( legally)... So Marijuana is NOT a stimulant..IN FACT it's more of a superset..or mellowing substance.. Alchohol far different..yet that legal?

I don't Smoke Pot..BUT sure have cared for those that required it with their particular illness/disease/Cancer and so many other illnesses ..I never EVER experienced 1 Patient who was aggressive nor belligerent ..In Fact they were calm..appreciative and very cooperative.!!

I think far too many confuse Meth or Speed or some sort of concocted Drug mix with plain old Pot! By confusing them..You are actually condemning treatments for disease plagued kids with seizure disorders..or patients with pain and other symptoms to suffer needlessly!

Meanwhile..those who chose to smoke MJ..likely don't drink..Booze causes far more physical damages and psychological agressiveness vented towards society than any mellow Pot smoker...

But for some reason..Damning the availability/regulations of POT is being spun out there as some sort of EVILNESS!!

Get a Grip..Persciption Drugs do FAR MORE damage and cause FAR More Grief!!

Take it from someone who didn't Smoke it/Inhale it ( unless through a window)..dealt with patients under the influence for decades. I actually have nothing against it's use when regulated...

Old 07-12-2016, 07:18 PM

131 posts, read 78,458 times
it appears I'm not the ignorant one here js. And to the other poster that I spoe about Lakeisha Holloway on. Here is the link. She was high on marijuana and she plowed into a crowd the las vegas strip it was a national story.

Las Vegas Strip 'murderer' Lakeisha Holloway was HIGH on marijuana during incident | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
drugabuse.gov?

That is all propaganda. But every word I type on this sentence is a complete waste of fingers, keyboard, and bandwidth, because you are, like all prohibitionists, completely closed minded on the subject. I could point you to weeks worth of research links, but if they don't correspond to your already-made-up mind, they will be ignored.

BTW, I have been a daily user of cannabis for nearly 45 years, and I've done lots of research to boot. I think that makes me qualified on this subject.

and you've failed to give any studies proving otherwise. I provided more than one link btw. Try again.

Like I said anyone getting offtopic just makes your argument look weak

Old 07-12-2016, 07:21 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
alcohol affects everyone around if that person is an alcoholic. everything from DUI to domestic violence.

here are the stats from the CDC: CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol

"Drinking too much can harm your health. Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink."

That's en EPIDEMIC! But you don't hear any politician or anyone in general calling it what it is.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that DUI went up in states that have legalized cannabis?
I don't understand why you are talking about alcohol. I think that alcohol is a scourge on society and I can't understand why anyone would want to introduce more scourges. If anything, you are actually arguing against legalizing stuff. Look how well we did with the crap that's already legal.

In any case, people who argue for weed by saying alcohol is bad have already obviously had too much weed. How bad alcohol is just completely irrelevant.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,244,911 times
Well right now, at least in some places, a parent has the right to give their own underage kids alcohol, just not other people's kids. I don't think that's right but it happens. So I don't see why would be any different.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:22 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,248 times
Recreational Marijuana cards for everyone with an IQ of over 100. (okay, maybe 90!) Low IQ people are going to stupid stuff even after imbibing a can of YooHoo. Because, well, they are stupid.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I have still yet to see a shred of evidence that cannabis is anywhere CLOSE to being as deadly or dangerous as alcohol

I shared the story about Lakeisha and it really doesn't matter

My point was made. Children shouldn't get high on marijuana that shouldn't be legal or acceptable as it also showed the adverse effects of teens who smoke marijuana let alone a 5 year old. That's what would be legal. Since if a parent can smoke in front of their child their child will in turn get high off second hand smoke. That's not the side effects the kid signed up for. And I don't agree with child abuse. Which that is. Apparently it seems you do though.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:24 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,551,643 times
Quote:
it appears I'm not the ignorant one here js. And to the other poster that I spoe about Lakeisha Holloway on. Here is the link. She was high on marijuana and she plowed into a crowd the las vegas strip it was a national story.

Las Vegas Strip 'murderer' Lakeisha Holloway was HIGH on marijuana during incident | Daily Mail Online
congrats on finding an article that resulted in 1 death from cannabis

still not even in the same universe as alcohol in terms of being deadly and dangerous.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:24 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
I have still yet to see a shred of evidence that cannabis is anywhere CLOSE to being as deadly or dangerous as alcohol
Who the hell cares?
Small doses of carbon monoxide is not as bad, but we don't encourage people to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies