Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 08:20 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Did the Dallas shooter who killed 5 LEOs and wounded 12 others look like a thug?
No, did Dylan Roof? Deranged individuals who take their hatred of people from other races to such an extreme that they kill strangers are fortunately rare. I hope you're not advocating that all black people should be treated like Micah Johnson? Micah Johnson does not change my view of black people in general one iota.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:23 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
So you're fine with doctors, teachers, lawyers, soldiers, police officers, postal workers, etc. being treated like criminals even if they aren't? Black skin means they deserve a different standard of policing? Racist much?
I think these people are proud of their racism. Sigh. I have to take a shower now and cleanse myself from this disgusting discussion.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:25 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
No, did Dylan Roof?
So, you CAN'T tell the difference between a citizen and a thug, even though you ridiculously tried to claim otherwise.

Now you know how it is for LEOs. I know you believe it's unfair, but they have to profile. That's why I was stopped several times late at night on my way home from work. The profile was: a high percentage of people out this late are up to no good. LEOs profile Blacks because they commit a VERY highly disproportionate percentage of crimes.

If Blacks don't like that, there's a simple solution: COMMIT A LOT LESS CRIME.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I got treated that way, too. Just because I was on my way home very late at night. Had nothing to do with race. Had everything to do with the circumstance. Of course, I hadn't done anything wrong. I was just questioned as to why I was out so late. It looked suspicious to the LEOs.
True story -- I was in Columbus, Georgia breaking into a van in the middle of the night. (I locked the keys in it and was trying to pick the lock with a coat hanger.) I was on the main drag, and a cop was driving up and down the street. I made no attempt to stop. Had the cop stopped to ask me what I was doing, I would have shown my ID, explained my situation and went on about my business, so I had no fear of my actions. As I was doing this, a black man puled up in a car in the same parking lot. The black man was well dressed. The cop stopped in the middle of street and eyeballed the man as he was walking into a building. I looked at the guy and said "What the f***?" The guy shrugged and kept on walking.

That's a problem. Police are on the street to monitor suspicious activity, not skin color. Nothing about what that guy was doing was suspicious other than being black. I fully support the BLM's efforts of changing this. It's high time cops start doing their jobs and quit harassing citizens who happen to be black.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:27 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
California police unions came out in force against the bill, with one spokesperson, Lieutenant Steve James of the Long Beach Police Officers Association and the national trustee for the California Fraternal Order of Police, telling the Los Angeles Times that, "There is no racial profiling. There just isn't. There is criminal profiling that exists."

https://news.vice.com/article/califo...-profiling-law

How many white officers wake up one morning just tells himself, "heck, today, I am going to kill some colored people for fun." This doesn't even make any sense.

I have been stopped by police officer once, because I drove unusually slow in a lower middle class neighborhood. I was driving a fairly expensive BMW and was looking for my friend's address. The police officer questioned me for less than five minutes and let me go. I didn't do anything wrong. Later on, I realized that they perhaps thought I was looking for drugs.

That is criminal profiling, not racial profiling.

Look, it is pretty naive to believe that racial profiling does not exist, but there are fundamental differences between racial profiling and criminal profiling.

There are a lot of people judge others based on their income level, career choices, people's looks, image, even the stupid bags they carry. Why should police officers be disrespected simply because they are police officers? GEE

Old 07-13-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I think these people are proud of their racism. Sigh. I have to take a shower now and cleanse myself from this disgusting discussion.
I agree. I hope to live to see the day that racist people are harassed by the police more often than non racist people. They're obviously anti social and more prone to committing crime.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:31 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Quick, are you really this racist? In SB, I knew white, black and mostly Mexican people. The majority of them acted like thugs which is why that city is a cesspool. Outside of SB, in the other places I have lived I have known white, black and Mexican people who do not act like thugs, which is why these places were more enjoyable to live.

Not all black people act like thugs. Not all white people act like citizens. Are you following now?
"Quick, are you really this racist?'

There isn't a racist bone in my body.

"Not all black people act like thugs. Not all white people act like citizens."

I said the same thing.

There is a new thread

"Charles Barkley says:

"The cops have made some mistakes, but that doesn't give us the right to riot and shoot cops. We need the cops, especially in the black community. We as black people, we've got to do better. We never get mad when black people kill each other, which that has always bothered me ? I've always said if we as black people want more respect, we have to give each other respect. You can't demand respect from white people and the cops if you don't respect each other. We've got to do better as black people.
"The cops have made some mistakes, but there's a lot of blame to go around. But I'm not going to get on TV and yell like all these other idiots.""

THIS is what I am talking about.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:33 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
True story -- I was in Columbus, Georgia breaking into a van in the middle of the night. (I locked the keys in it and was trying to pick the lock with a coat hanger.) I was on the main drag, and a cop was driving up and down the street. I made no attempt to stop. Had the cop stopped to ask me what I was doing, I would have shown my ID, explained my situation and went on about my business, so I had no fear of my actions. As I was doing this, a black man puled up in a car in the same parking lot. The black man was well dressed. The cop stopped in the middle of street and eyeballed the man as he was walking into a building. I looked at the guy and said "What the f***?" The guy shrugged and kept on walking.

That's a problem. Police are on the street to monitor suspicious activity, not skin color.
Well, when a specific group commits a HIGHLY disproportionate percentage of crimes, that creates suspicion. And it's not just race. LEOs profile based on various characteristics: age, gender, etc.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:33 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
I agree. I hope to live to see the day that racist people are harassed by the police more often than non racist people. They're obviously anti social and more prone to committing crime.
You are doing a standup job my friend. However, those guys will never see themselves as racist...but rather, they see themselves as "truthist", because they use statistics. Statistics are a snapshot though. They never want to see the evidence of what led up to those statistics or how the statistics evolved to become true.

The bottom line for them is to argue that blacks are an inferior race.....without coming out and saying it directly like the 1960 racist would.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:34 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
People really should stop calling everyone a racist when they don't agree on somebody else their point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies