Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump Fly The #Benghazi Victims’ FAMILIES To 1st Debate With Hillary?
yes 46 70.77%
no 13 20.00%
what good would it do 4 6.15%
other 1 1.54%
Not Sure 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 12:47 PM

11,604 posts, read 5,646,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Well I don't care if they go. I'm saying Trump shouldn't bring them there. They're welcome to go and ask Hillary whatever they want. I have no disagreement with that. I have a disagreement with Trump using them as a political tool for his own gain (again, like any politician would even though his whole thing is not being a politician).

Who even said Trump is going to fly them there to begin with? He can't force a family to fly to the convention if they don't want to go.

You're getting your pants in an uproar over a poll posted originally on Clashdaily. I googled and see no article stating that Trump was flying these families to the convention - and instead of going off on people - think a minute - just maybe one of these families contacted him and requested to be there. Your hate for Trump is amazing and yet you call out others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,213,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Who even said Drumpf is going to fly them there to begin with? He can't force a family to fly to the convention if they don't want to go.

You're getting your pants in an uproar over a poll posted originally on Clashdaily. I googled and see no article stating that Drumpf was flying these families to the convention - and instead of going off on people - think a minute - just maybe one of these families contacted him and requested to be there. Your hate for Drumpf is amazing and yet you call out others.
If this is your response, you just don't understand my position. The fact that this sort of behavior is not only supported, it's longed for, by people, is problematic. I want politics to be civil. Wanting Trump to use people as a political bargaining chip is the opposite.

And it frankly doesn't matter if this idea isn't a widespread one. Given I'm on CD, where it's an idea that's getting plenty of support, my anger is being directed at exactly the right place.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:09 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,550,955 times
defintely, if they want to go, front row baby !

Old 07-13-2016, 01:13 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,723,120 times
Quote:
So Trump should act like an ass because other people have done it? Is this elementary school? Why would we want our politicians acting like children? That's to say, I don't care who started it.
No they shouldn't but that is where we have devolved too.

I know you lean left but you put thought in answers. I lean kinda right (the old version, government limits vs 'modern conservativism') but I don't just or label 'lib' in a disparaging way.

Where the eff has the voice for 'us' went?

Old 07-13-2016, 01:17 PM

265 posts, read 191,140 times
I think Trump should have them there for every debate that they want to attend.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:18 PM

29,972 posts, read 18,537,375 times
Quote:
Do you think I'm stupid?

I notice this crap all the time. Too few on this forum have the intellectual honesty to simply address a point head on. All of you could probably run for president...

I don't think Hillary acted in a classy way. My point has NOTHING to do with her though. It's about Trump. I don't give a flying **** if his opponent is a bad person. Her being so should not be permission for him to use people as political leverage. That's my whole point.

Now, man the hell up and address my point honestly or shut up. Don't change the subject because you suck at making arguments.

Pathetic.

Gee................. maybe you should try decaf later in the day.

When one is wrestling with a pig, one must get in the mud. If one cannot appreciate that, then I guess I would tend to believe that the first line of your response is true.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:23 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,213,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
No they shouldn't but that is where we have devolved too.

I know you lean left but you put thought in answers. I lean kinda right (the old version, government limits vs 'modern conservativism') but I don't just or label 'lib' in a disparaging way.

Where the eff has the voice for 'us' went?
THANK YOU!!!

I agree completely, of course. I'm tired of politicians acting the way they do. Granted, a lot of people are also and that's why Trump has become the nominee. I however don't think Trump acts as different as people think he does, but whatever. That's not the point. Politics is just a big, stupid shouting match. No one is reasonable anymore and I'm very saddened by this election. The two people have have a chance of winning are both people I think should not be president. And none of the third party candidates are ideal either, though I kind of like Johnson. We disagree on a lot, but he is civil. Kind of. He did call Donald Trump a *****, which I don't really care for, but if that's the worst I can come up with for him, he's a literal godsend by contrast.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:24 PM

11,604 posts, read 5,646,295 times
Quote:
If this is your response, you just don't understand my position. The fact that this sort of behavior is not only supported, it's longed for, by people, is problematic. I want politics to be civil. Wanting Trump to use people as a political bargaining chip is the opposite.

And it frankly doesn't matter if this idea isn't a widespread one. Given I'm on CD, where it's an idea that's getting plenty of support, my anger is being directed at exactly the right place.

I can't remember the last time that politics was civil - at least in my lifetime. Both parties have done disparaging things to push their agenda and themselves. Those of us who wish it were different (like myself and yourself) have to face the fact that it's not something we'll see in our lifetime.

But if those families decide they want to be there and are used as pawns - it's on them just as women who participate in beauty pageants. Some feel it demeans a woman - but ultimately it's that woman's choice and she obviously doesn't see herself as being demeaned.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:25 PM

15,827 posts, read 21,334,678 times
You mean the family that says that it's not Hillary's fault and think it's inappropriate to keep dragging it up in the election? Chris Stevens' sister: Don't blame Clinton for Benghazi - POLITICO

Old 07-13-2016, 01:27 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,936,411 times
Quote:
Well, I can get behind that.

I do assume you mean media bias though, correct? Because I don't think that the voters of the two major parties are more likely to have double standards than the other party. I'd say it fluctuates in quantity and intensity. Hillary voters are quick to dismiss her email thing, but are outraged that Trump won't release his tax returns, as an example. Both are issues of transparency. But there are examples of that sort of thing with Trump and pretty much every politicians.

The media on the other hand has a pretty clear bias toward Hillary. One that should be addressed.
Changing a quote is a violation of the TOS, use Drumpf where you wish but that is not my language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies