Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump Fly The #Benghazi Victims’ FAMILIES To 1st Debate With Hillary?
yes 46 70.77%
no 13 20.00%
what good would it do 4 6.15%
other 1 1.54%
Not Sure 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 02:29 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,208,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Gee................. maybe you should try decaf later in the day.

When one is wrestling with a pig, one must get in the mud. If one cannot appreciate that, then I guess I would tend to believe that the first line of your response is true.
Isn't the expression to never wrestle with the pig? Besides, doesn't the pig like it?

Criticize Hillary all you want. I probably won't disagree with most of them. But when the topic is about Trump, I think we should talk about Trump. Hillary Clinton's actions do not justify wanting Trump to do the classic politician thing which is use a tragedy and victims of a tragedy to make your point better. It's a disgraceful form of politics and I don't need a reminder that Hillary Clinton has done this also. I know. I'm saying we should hold politicians to a higher standard and as much as I dislike Trump, he's a newcomer to politics and I think we should start with a newcomer. As the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Expecting honesty from Clinton is, at this point, stupid. Which is why I'm not voting for her. And while thus far, I wouldn't say Trump is a class act, but if he actually did what this topic is about, I'd consider that his lowest move. And it completely destroys the 'he's not like the rest of them' narrative that exists. Not that I consider it in tact anyway, but that would have to convince people that's he's just another politician doing what they do best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Changing a quote is a violation of the TOS, use Drumpf where you wish but that is not my language.
I didn't intentionally change your quote. I have an extension that changes Trump to Drumpf automatically because I think it's amusing. I didn't realize it changed it when it quoted things.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You mean the family that says that it's not Hillary's fault and think it's inappropriate to keep dragging it up in the election? Chris Stevens' sister: Don't blame Clinton for Benghazi - POLITICO

Good read. Thanks. It will get ignored by the certain ones that are unbendable. She was his sister and that won't matter to some.

Anyone care to talk about those in Congress that ignored the need for funding.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:00 PM

11,523 posts, read 5,583,054 times
"I look at TV and I see bloody hand prints on walls, thinking, my God, is that my son's?" she said. "I don't know if he was shot. I don't know -- I don't know. They haven't told me anything. They are still studying it. And the things that they are telling me are just outright lies." But she doesn't want to talk about the politics surrounding her son's death. She said, "I don't think it's productive to lay blame on people."

They may not want to place blame but they are pretty upset they were lied to.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,070,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Should Trump Fly The #Benghazi Victims’ FAMILIES To 1st Debate With Hillary?
PATRIOTS: Should Trump Fly The #Benghazi Victims' FAMILIES To 1st Debate With Hillary? ⋆ Doug Giles ⋆ #ClashDaily

Please vote and/or leave your comments.
Their families have already been used too much for political gain. So no.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,070,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well whenever Obama is making a point about gun violence or illegal immigration he will appear with the victims behind him so if Trump has the Benghazi survivors in the audience to make some noise when Hillary starts lying again what is wrong with that?
Benghazi is old news. You lost, get over it.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:44 PM

26,119 posts, read 14,759,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
No. Then again, that's expect Drumpf to show some class or civility. So I'm sure we'll be seeing them...
You know what is class? Lying to the victims' families. That is class.

If the victims' families accept the invitation, how is it unclassy? They might rather want to go. Oh, that is right, we shouldn't be as concerned with them as we are with appearances for Democrats in elections hence the whole lies to begin with.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You know what is class? Lying to the victims' families. That is class.

If the victims' families accept the invitation, how is it unclassy? They might rather want to go. Oh, that is right, we shouldn't be as concerned with them as we are with appearances for Democrats in elections hence the whole lies to begin with.
I don't know what to say. I've already addressed this exact point 5 or 6 times. You're free to go back and read those responses.

I'll give a quick summary if you refuse to do that. Hillary acting without class is not permission for Trump to do so as well. Regardless of what one politician does, we should expect them all to behave like adults. If Clinton isn't acting like an adult, then go to Clinton about it. Don't tell Trump to use people as political leverage just because Hillary would be willing to do the same.

My argument is not about Republicans and Democrats, like you (dishonestly) tried to frame it as. It's about raising the standard that we hold politicians to. Hillary can act as poorly as she wants, but I won't stand by and listen to people encourage others to do the same. I think we're better than that as a country. And I'm shocked and saddened that you apparently don't.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,143,972 times
I think Trump is going to have to avoid Benghazi since he's offending Chris Stevens' mom.

"....The mother of the late U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens—who was killed in the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya—has called for an “immediate and permanent stop” to the use of her son’s name by GOP leaders and Donald Trump in his presidential campaign, calling the practice “opportunistic and cynical.”

Benghazi: Mother of Slain Ambassador Criticizes Donald Trump

Old 07-23-2016, 04:43 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,665,362 times
yes, and bring the angriest ones who will rattle hillary and get right in her face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies