Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 02:46 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Another lets write about Black people thread. It doesn't inform. It isnt designed to bring together logical debate or conversation about subject. Its just about Black people from those who don't care for them.
OK... that's about 80% of the topics on this forum.

I did a thread on proper traffic stop etiquette. Feel free to take part.

And I am black... so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 01:38 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,643,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
One of the best companies in America... I love this. What I enjoy about it is that they are not being mean spirited and destructive with regards to how they show their support. In other words, they don't shut off sales to a certain segment of people. They positively support people who stand with them.

#BlackLivesMatter Activist Upset that Atlanta Police Get Chick-fil-A Delivery While Protesters Starve

I am Native American from rural Arizona. I moved to North FL for an engineering job in 2002. When I first got there, I noticed that Chik-Fil-A was very popular among southerners. Immediately, I wrongly assumed that it was an eatery for "racist white southerners" much like "Bob Evans" in the midwest.

But I was wrong. I had a southern white girlfriend who took me on a date over there. I actually enjoyed it. I have since moved back to AZ. But I still go to Chik-Fil-A for breakfast here in Phoenix. My southern blonde girlfriend taught me to appreciate Chik-Fil-A. It's not a "racist food joint for southerners". It's actually very liberal. The media blows it out of proportion.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:44 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
If BLM wanted Chick Fil A, why didn't they just loot the place?

Old 03-21-2017, 06:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Couldn't they have packed a lunch?

I mean if I plan on protesting all day I'm going to be bringing some food and drinks cause I know I'm going to be there awhile.

Maybe next time they will.

Lesson learned. That is always a good thing.
Oh those adorable protestors. They got themselves so plumb worn out protesting that their blood sugar crashed and they needed food to sustain their tired bodies. Protesting is hard work!

They should take chadgates' advice. I recommend backpacks filled with juice boxes and snack packs for their next big day of work. Maybe a pillow and blanket, too. Maybe they can schedule a half-time snack break during the protest, like children's sport teams have.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Another lets write about Black people thread. It doesn't inform. It isnt designed to bring together logical debate or conversation about subject. Its just about Black people from those who don't care for them.
That's just silly. Half the protestors at any given BLM march are white college students. It's almost always a very mixed crowd of misguided dorks at BLM rallies. There's enough mockery for everyone regardless of skin color.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:33 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
They are just mad because they wanted something for free
Those poor folks... I am feeling so sorry for them... after all, they're entitled... since our ancestors held them captive 200 years ago....
(removing sarcasm).

Old 03-21-2017, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
One of the best companies in America... I love this. What I enjoy about it is that they are not being mean spirited and destructive with regards to how they show their support. In other words, they don't shut off sales to a certain segment of people. They positively support people who stand with them.

#BlackLivesMatter Activist Upset that Atlanta Police Get Chick-fil-A Delivery While Protesters Starve

The darker complexion version of the KKK, is mad they got a cold sholder.....
Get use to it.

The USA doesn't need your division and conflict, BLM.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:14 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
I'm glad other people are pointing this out so I'm not the only one. This is another "a black person said..." thread.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What kind of people think they are supposed to tell the police what they can and cannot do on a public street or government property.

tax paying citizens. The police are not "in charge". They SERVE the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies