Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 06:20 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Here's my agenda.

If the cop committed murder I want him charged. If he reacted to a threat that Castile was possibly pulling a gun on him....I want the cop cleared. Both are tragic. Neither are worth rioting over.

Agreed, and it certainly wasn't worth the lives of 5 innocent police officers.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Agreed, and it certainly wasn't worth the lives of 5 innocent police officers.
According to many that knew the guy, he was broke in the military. They are blaming the military for not getting him follow up help.

They knew he was having mental issues. Those who served with him say you can't train people to trust your life with those you are in dangerous situations with and then simply remove people from that kind of situation to be left to yourself.

Does that excuse his actions? Absolutely not. Why did he do what he did? It seems far more complicated than people want it to be.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:15 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
And it worked, didn't it? Now we have people running around all over the forum saying, "well, i read that she changed her story, so now I've really made up my mind!!!"

That's how it works. That's how they do it. They just couldn't care less about what's true and what isn't true - their entire agenda is solely about what they want to be true. This whole thread is nothing but 28 pages of bull****, a 28-page long lie. But people will remember that they read it, and go to their graves believing it's true.
Shocker! It Looks Like the Media May Have Bought a False Narrative in Philando Castile Shooting | Mediaite Read the last paragraph

Old 07-16-2016, 10:28 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
It was NO mistake by the media....they are the false narrative.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:35 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
And it worked, didn't it? Now we have people running around all over the forum saying, "well, i read that she changed her story, so now I've really made up my mind!!!"

That's how it works. That's how they do it. They just couldn't care less about what's true and what isn't true - their entire agenda is solely about what they want to be true. This whole thread is nothing but 28 pages of bull****, a 28-page long lie. But people will remember that they read it, and go to their graves believing it's true.
UPDATE: Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, has now given an interview, with her attorney, to ABC News, in which she seems to radically alter her story about the gun in the car. In her original version she indicated: “As he’s reaching for his back pocket wallet he lets the officer know, ‘Officer, I have a firearm on me.’ I begin to yell, ‘But he’s licensed to carry.'” However, in this interview (in which somehow ABC fails to note the dramatic discrepancy) she says: “[The gun] never came out. It could never be a threat. [Yanez] didn’t ask about it,” she said. “He didn’t know it was on his person.”

Old 07-16-2016, 11:42 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
UPDATE: Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, has now given an interview, with her attorney, to ABC News, in which she seems to radically alter her story about the gun in the car. In her original version she indicated: “As he’s reaching for his back pocket wallet he lets the officer know, ‘Officer, I have a firearm on me.’ I begin to yell, ‘But he’s licensed to carry.'” However, in this interview (in which somehow ABC fails to note the dramatic discrepancy) she says: “[The gun] never came out. It could never be a threat. [Yanez] didn’t ask about it,” she said. “He didn’t know it was on his person.”
She also says in that interview, "We told him, he told him" meaning Castile told the cop he had a gun as he was reaching for his ID. She has not changed her story.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:15 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yeah? So what? I figured that was the one you were going to find; I've seen it before.

Can any of you tell me in your own words how those two statements contradict each other? Don't just say, "read it yourself!", or "it says right there in the article!" Explain in your own words where the contradiction is. I want to see how well you guys can really read.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:05 AM

He never should have been pulled over. If things were done right none of this ever happens.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:19 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He never should have been pulled over. If things were done right none of this ever happens.
Police should not check people who they think might be armed robbery suspects?

Old 07-17-2016, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Police should not check people who they think might be armed robbery suspects?
It was just a lame excuse to pull another black guy over. The odds of this random black guy being the subject were slim and none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies