Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 08:08 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Case closed lol. I hope the governor can muster up the balls to apologize to this cop!!!!
I highly doubt he has the integrity. I hope they find something to charge her with. Her lies were at least partially responsible for the slaughter of 5 police officers. Wonder how it feels to have that on your conscience?

Old 07-13-2016, 08:08 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
My apologies for messing up the man's name. From all reports he was a unique and wonderful man.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I highly doubt he has the integrity. I hope they find something to charge her with. Her lies were at least partially responsible for the slaughter of 5 police officers. Wonder how it feels to have that on your conscience?
Can anyone confirm that this happened that she changed her story?

Old 07-13-2016, 08:11 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
People should have waited until the facts came out. That's too much to ask though when emotions rule the land.
Not even emotions-just stupidity. Too many people wanted to believe this story in order to hate on police and have another excuse for a riot and arson party. Sadly it took the murder of 5 police officers to at least partly dampen that.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:17 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Funny when I have been pulled over and had a firearm I have told the cop that 1. I am a retired police officer. 2. I am armed. 3. The gun is located on my right side. 4. my hands are on the steering wheel the whole time. 5. I ask the officer what he wants me to do and I follow exactly what he says. 6. NO PROBLEMS!!!! Listen and do exactly what the cop tells you!!!!
And as you are slowing down and parking, open ALL the windows and turn on the interior lights. This allows the officer to see everything in the vehicle and hopefully, shows NO threat.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:21 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Says now that Castillo never told the officer he had a gun. Taped Facebook she reported that he had.
So here's what I found... decide for yourself... I did not watch either video. I am not giving an opinion.

Girlfriend of Philando Castile Changes Her Story – Did She Withhold Video of the Actual Shooting?[/color]

Hours after the shooting, upon Reynolds’ being released from police questioning to a wildly sympathetic crowd/press gaggle, a woman asked her, “How were you able to figure out that you should put this on Facebook?” Reynolds replied by going into a long tirade saying she wanted to show the world that “these police are not here to protect and serve us, but to assasinate us; they are here to kill us because we are black!!”

In mid-rant, she told the crowd that she didn’t capture the actual shooting on video because “…if I woulda moved while that gun was out, he woulda shot me too!”

That question and answer comes at the 7:07 mark in the video below:

Does that even make sense? If we are to believe her, she started rolling video while Yenez still had his gun out, and had just let several shots fly.

It seems to me that most people who take video when they get pulled over by police start recording at the earliest possible point in the encounter. If Reynolds was afraid of being shot for moving to capture video before Yenez opened fire, wouldn’t she have been just as afraid to start recording once Yenez had opened fire and was still hyper-adrenaline keyed on any threat/target in the vehicle?

Now comes the bombshell. The next day, Reynolds spoke at a press conference and completely changed her explanation of why she didn’t get the shooting itself on video.

Ready? Go to the 5:00 mark in this excerpt:

Did you catch that?

You hear Reynolds say, “…I was not able to get the actual shooting because I did not want that horrible act to be on social media…” That’s a completely different reason than the one given the day before, by the way.

Most importantly, that remark is what I believe poker players and con-men call a “tell.”

In the process of shifting parts of her story and bellowing indignant racial screeds, she’s inadvertently telling us, by letting subconscious code slip out, that she actually did record the shooting itself — but she cut off/hid that part of the video from what she wanted us to see, and began live-streaming what she did want us to see.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:21 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
https://misadventuresindiversity.wor...tual-shooting/

Old 07-13-2016, 08:23 PM

Thanks for finding that. This so reminds me of the Mike Brown BS it still wreaks to high heaven....what a liar.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:24 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Says now that Castillo never told the officer he had a gun. Taped Facebook she reported that he had.
Lying comes as easily as breathing to some of these.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:25 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Case closed lol. I hope the governor can muster up the balls to apologize to this cop!!!!
It isn't case closed yet. Wait for all the evidence. Too many people are jumping the gun on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies