Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 09:00 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
If you are saying that blacks/zebras can't fit into society in the manner that whites/everyone else/horses do, then what is the solution? A return to segregation? A cessation of the endless programs trying to bring them into the mainstream being they can't work?
It is a difficult problem that will take a few generations to solve. Right wingers pretend there is no problem and Liberals talk down to blacks in a condescending manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
That Obama won the presidency did not help.

Blacks have little power and remain victims of their history in the US.

What can be done?

Electing black leaders does not do the job. What are the alternatives. More of the same?
Don't start nuthin' won't be nuthin'. Reason? Simple, you are too violent and you always justify it. One merely needs to look at Chicago as you stay mysteriously silent and ignore it because it, like 90% of the blacks that are killed in america are killed by OTHER blacks in america. It's that simple. The social ills beyond that are secondary.

Why can't the African American community get that?

Old 07-14-2016, 09:07 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Why do I get the feeling this thread was started more as a fishing expedition than as an effort at a real discussion? OP throws some bait in the water, goes to bed and wakes in the morning to see how many fish he caught.
"Real discussion"?

A slight majority of my friends here in Colorado Springs are Democrats. I'd guess maybe about 55%. The rest are Republicans. But not one of my Republican friends talk anything at all like most of the Republican regressives on this forum. So for that reason, there's not going to be any "real discussion" on this forum.

Although I've been pleasantly surprised at the number of Black posters we have here, it's still a TINY minority of posters. So again, little "real discussion". And, I'm not so sure there's much of a spectrum of Black people posting on here, either.

Fishing expeditions? That putting it politely. Half the posts in this forum start out as bait to insult the other side, rather than having any "real discussion".

Old 07-14-2016, 09:12 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
"Real discussion"?

A slight majority of my friends here in Colorado Springs are Democrats. I'd guess maybe about 55%. The rest are Republicans. But not one of my Republican friends talk anything at all like most of the Republican regressives on this forum. So for that reason, there's not going to be any "real discussion" on this forum.

Although I've been pleasantly surprised at the number of Black posters we have here, it's still a TINY minority of posters. So again, little "real discussion". And, I'm not so sure there's much of a spectrum of Black people posting on here, either.

Fishing expeditions? That putting it politely. Half the posts in this forum start out as bait to insult the other side, rather than having any "real discussion".

It seems your mind is already decided on how 'others' align themselves politically.

I'll be blunt... I find the right, and you on the left, just as closed minded, judgemental, derogatory, inflammatory, ASSUMPTIVE, and mean-spirited as the other.

How many 'black posters' are there? Can you see who's typing. Many people don't bother to identify because it's not really necessary.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes, and that is why African countries are so successful. Without the legacy of enslavement by Europeans, and few whites around to mess things up for them today, Africans in Africa have been able to flourish. It's a wonder more African Americans don't return to the motherland where they could shake off the legacy of white oppression and live in black utopia.
Dripping sarcasm is not always as attractive as it appears to be.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Work harder

Emphasize education

Have two parent families

Don't commit crimes

Stay away from drugs

Emphasize personal responsibility
Work harder. Okay, although why should a Black person have to work harder than a White person just to "prove" himself.

Emphasize education. Okay. But a minority of Whites graduate from (at the minimum) a 2 year college.

Have to parent families. Okay. The divorce rate among Blacks is about 48%. The divorce rate among Whites is about 40%. Not that much difference.

Don't commit crimes. Okay. But most Blacks don't commit serious crimes.

Stay away from drugs. Okay. But "White Americans are more likely than black Americans to have used most kinds of illegal drugs, including cocaine, marijuana and LSD."

Emphasize personal responsibility. Okay. The vast majority of Blacks I have known and worked with do.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
There are no slaves in America today. Their struggle is not "genetic" to be passed down.
And yet many White people will talk about their pride in their ancestral heritage.

And what were all those posts we had in numerous threads about pride in ancestors who fought in the rebel army during the Civil War?

Old 07-14-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting. Maybe ask the Native American or people of Jewish decent...
Yes. Because American Indians are doing so well in this country. Unemployment rate as high as 85%. In states where significant numbers of American Indians live, less than 50% graduate from high school. Over 120,000 homes on reservations lack basic water sanitation service. About 10% of American Indian homes are without safe drinking water. More than 60% of the roads within Indian Reservations are unpaved.

What were you saying about American Indians?

Old 07-14-2016, 09:32 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Well who do you think is responsible for the psychological and spiritual damage during slavery?
People who have been dead for likely at least a century.

My aunt is in her mid 80s. Even the oldest sibling of my aunt and mother's grandparents was born after the end of the Civil War.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:34 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And yet many White people will talk about their pride in their ancestral heritage.

And what were all those posts we had in numerous threads about pride in ancestors who fought in the rebel army during the Civil War?
I'm not white although half the family is from france.

And no one's white. If you find that dialogue shut it down or don't engage... it's actually really simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies