Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 10:29 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times

Advertisements

I watched this show tonight. Towards the last hour of the show a mother got up & emotionally expressed her concern about her 14 year old son possibly dealing with police officers.

It was very sad to see her have to deal with so much fear. I'm not black so I'll never know what it's like.

I don't want to get into a debate on BLM. I think history may look back on this organization and realize they did bring some important issues up. While I don't agree with many of their tactics I do think it's important to do look into some of the things they bring up.

I have to wonder though between BLM, the media & even the government if all the coverage on these issues if it's creating more fear than what's really out there.

I'm not saying their is not problems out there & that a certain amount of fear would always be present. American history is a clear reason why many blacks have an understandable fear of cops. But hearing that mother go over her fear it just seemed like she probably can't get any sleep most nights.

I can't find any legit web sites showing how many blacks have been killed by cops in 2016. Or can I find how many police encounters with blacks that turn out with no problems at all.

But it seems like any black person dealing with a cop and that doesn't fight back or pull out a gun the chances of you being killed are way less than 1%.

So I guess a question to ask everybody is do you think organizations & the media have increased the fear in black people on the likely hood of being killed by police.

This is probably a bad comparison but remember when their was an Ebola fear going on a year or two ago. Even myself was a little worried it might become a health issue in the United States. That's all we heard about. Same thing with the media in the last 2 years. If you keep worrying people about something it becomes something that they can't get out of their head.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:53 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
I saw the CNN town hall with my wife and she is Latina and we were disgusted on how 1 sided the debate was.

they stacked up the crowd with the PRO LIVE MATTERS and they wouldn't let the other side speak complete sentences.

Don Lemmon and CNN are so bias with their agenda.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:29 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I saw the CNN town hall with my wife and she is Latina and we were disgusted on how 1 sided the debate was.

they stacked up the crowd with the PRO LIVE MATTERS and they wouldn't let the other side speak complete sentences.

I didn't see all of it. It did seem like only 1 person (white guy in the middle) was supporting cops to the full extend. Even the black LE people in the meeting were talking about there past experiences. Not that their is anything wrong with that. I just think it probably would have been fair to have 1-2 more people like that white guy. Not sure of his name?

I did think that the black LE officer towards the end that teaches brought some negative by so angrily bring up the KKK and not referencing it as a past thing. I just think that a lot of people who watched the show hear things like that and take it out of context unless the person very carefully explains what he meant. I might have misunderstood his point but just surprised me he went that far.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:02 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I didn't see all of it. It did seem like only 1 person (white guy in the middle) was supporting cops to the full extend. Even the black LE people in the meeting were talking about there past experiences. Not that their is anything wrong with that. I just think it probably would have been fair to have 1-2 more people like that white guy. Not sure of his name?

I did think that the black LE officer towards the end that teaches brought some negative by so angrily bring up the KKK and not referencing it as a past thing. I just think that a lot of people who watched the show hear things like that and take it out of context unless the person very carefully explains what he meant. I might have misunderstood his point but just surprised me he went that far.

it was so 1 sided......then the only white guy pro cop he was getting ganged up and nobody wanted to give him credit for any legit points he was making. I mean blacks are 13% of the population but CNN stacked the audience with 70% blacks and 30% whites and most talking were anti-cops and most of what they were saying were wrong stat wise and Lemmon didn't challenge them....Lemmon only challenge pro cops argument to please the crowd that CNN stacked up being anti-cop.

nobody brought up the responsibility of black communities to combat high crime and help the police......they ignore the stats that the majority of the crimes against black people are by black criminals and the community refuse to help the police do their jobs and are hostile to cops.......its an honor in those communities to glorify criminals than cops. if you are a gang banger you get more respect than a cop......they didn't even mention that because when they say they want to have a "conversation" its always their side only and its one sided.

Nobody brought up parenting in these communities, where are the parents of these kids in gangs doing criminal activities?....nobody brought up that black kids being born out of wedlock is above 70% which is a huge problem when those kids are being raised in the streets.

You have a black guy at end who writes for the new York Times and he was talking against the stop and frisk policy they used in New York City under Guilianni and Bloomberg. Nobody challenge him that tactic worked and brought crime down in N.Y.C and saved thousands of lives mostly blacks and it made NEW YORK CITY safe for everybody.

compare what New York City did to the failed policies of Chicago and D.C. and you tell me which is a better tactic with better results.

I like to have an honest conversation and put EVERYTHING on the table but the other side refuse to listen when its their turn to look themselves in the mirror in why they have a high crime rate in black communities and COPs have to be more aggressive in high crime rate communities, its not all the fault of the cops or the system, most of them refuse to take any responsibility what's going on in their communities.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:42 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

If you think Don Lemmon is bad , check out Chris O'Donnell on MSNBC. Unbelievable is this guy. Tonight he was discussing the RBG controversy and was presenting his own "experimental thinking" to explain how the supreme justice was indeed justified in her criticism to Trump. Talk about stretching the limits of human reasoning to get to this conclusion . And all done in his trademark dull and lifeless tone.

On CNN right now. Don Lemon is repeating over and over the 500 killed by cops each year and only 28 cops killed. Takeaway, the Police are the bad ones.

It will be fun to watch Don Lemmon try to defend Precious "Diamond , Orlando Castile's gf when her lies and there are many weave her into more and more trouble. What will he say or maybe he will say nothing.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:00 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
If you think Don Lemmon is bad , check out Chris O'Donnell on MSNBC. Unbelievable is this guy. Tonight he was discussing the RBG controversy and was presenting his own "experimental thinking" to explain how the supreme justice was indeed justified in her criticism to Trump. Talk about stretching the limits of human reasoning to get to this conclusion . And all done in his trademark dull and lifeless tone.

On CNN right now. Don Lemon is repeating over and over the 500 killed by cops each year and only 28 cops killed. Takeaway, the Police are the bad ones.

It will be fun to watch Don Lemmon try to defend Precious "Diamond , Orlando Castile's gf when her lies and there are many weave her into more and more trouble. What will he say or maybe he will say nothing.
Yes, it will be fun, but the idea is now firmly lodge in their empty heads and nothing will convince them Lavish Diamond is a con artist. They have their talking points and the truth won't matter.

The only way this crap will be stopped is to toss freaks like Diamond in jail for awhile. The money collected by the crowd funding sites should be refunded or given to charity. And the media that perpetrates these lies should be very heavily fined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies