Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 PM

903 posts, read 583,535 times

Advertisements

People lack common sense. And even we we try to teach it, at certain ages it seems to go out one ear and the other. I was walking around last night with my son playing the game. Of course give him credit that he realized it was best to not go out alone at night (I wouldn't have let him), but there were times I had to remind him to look up and look around.

The developer could not anticipate all scenarios and has a warning when the game starts. Be aware of your surroundings. We need to stop blaming others for our mistakes. The game probably should have a reporting mechanism when areas are being used that shouldn't be.

Frankly, I love the game, especially how it is encouraging people to get outdoors. I commented on another forum that we even asked some people if they had found a particularly illusive Pokemon.

cd :O)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Seems some people of all races and ethnicities experience a feeling of no control over their own lives and tend to blame everyone but themselves.

Certainly not unique to the US or right now.

24/7 news cycle, Internet and social media just make us all more aware of these people and enables like minded people to collectively blame.

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
When I was 15 (back in 2001), it was inconceivable that I would be walking into the Interstate at any time, much less rush hour. Parents would not allow that. I didn't want to explain to my father what I was doing walking into the Interstate.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
An ignorant driver???? She was walking on a highway at rush hour!!
East 9th and Ross isn't a highway. There is a school on that corner and a crosswalk.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ta...!4d-79.7561594

Old 07-14-2016, 12:29 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
t

Go eat at a restaurant where kids are nearby. Watch what happens when a kid drops silverware or food on the floor. Bet you 99% the parent(s) will pass the buck and say "oh don't worry about it the server will get it". This culture of passing the buck is learned early in a child's life. There's your sign
In some ways I wish I had that mindset. I'm guessing I'm picking up crayons rolling off of our restaurant table 20 times per meal out right now.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:32 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The stupids have always walked among us.

With 24hr news cycles and the internet, they now get a whole lot more notice.
Sorry, it has gotten much worse.

I don't recall kids/babies being left in hot cars so frequently.

People now walk around oblivious to what is going on around them, entranced in that device in their hand. You see them crossing streets without looking, walking through busy parking lots where their head down, etc.

It has gotten worse.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Most likely easier than admitting she didn't raise her daughter to look both ways, before walking into traffic.

Walking on the Interstate, seriously!

Old 07-14-2016, 12:45 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Where are people getting that she crossed an interstate? The street had a damn stop light. I'm no expert, but interstates are not known for stop lights. The kid probably crossed before getting a green light or jaywalked. That's probably how she got hit. But it wasn't an interstate and it's not like she wasn't paying attention. She said herself that the car came from over the hill. It probably looked clear to cross.

Not saying it wasn't stupid of her, but I am saying she's not stupid. Again, she's a kid. Kids do worse than this all the time. Perspective is important.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:57 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Where are people getting that she crossed an interstate? The street had a damn stop light. I'm no expert, but interstates are not known for stop lights. The kid probably crossed before getting a green light or jaywalked. That's probably how she got hit. But it wasn't an interstate and it's not like she wasn't paying attention. She said herself that the car came from over the hill. It probably looked clear to cross.

Not saying it wasn't stupid of her, but I am saying she's not stupid. Again, she's a kid. Kids do worse than this all the time. Perspective is important.
It was just a four lane highway. I think they emphasized it for effect, around here almost every road is at least four lanes.

She deleted the app, which is a good move on her part.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:07 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Default Conspiracy alert!

Maybe Pokemon Go was invented to do some "weeding".
It's only been out a few days and already people are taunting Darwin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies