Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 04:39 PM

45,521 posts, read 27,133,570 times

Advertisements

uh-oh...

Columbia fires 2 more firefighters, closes station over Facebook post

A total of three Columbia firefighters now have been fired over unprofessional Facebook postings aimed at Black Lives Matter protesters, and the city closed one fire station where the first post originated and put 31 others on precautionary lockdown, fire chief Aubrey Jenkins said Wednesday.

Proctor was the firefighter who responded to Morrises’ initial Facebook remarks by writing, “Start running people over,” the chief said.

Morris had written on his Facebook page from the Eau Claire station about protesters who had blocked the I-126 access into Columbia. “Better not be there when I get off work or there is gonna be some run over dumb asses,” Morris posted.

A little later, he wrote, “Public Service Announcement: If you attempt to shut down interstate, highway, etc on my way home, you best hope I’m not one of the first vehicles in line because you ass WILL get run over!”

People are getting heated and pissed off. This is the goal of the protestors. For the opposition to lose their heads and do stuff like this.

You have to be patient and not sink to their level, and continue doing the right thing. They want to push the envelope and cause more chaos - as long as they will benefit.

If you have to... turn off the news reports... turn off social media. This is psychological warfare.

Understand that we are in the last 6 months of Obama. It's going to be crazy. Expect anything. Seriously. Whatever the case may be - people who want to best for America have to keep our heads right now.

If you have to complain, go through the proper channels. Don't take the law into your own hands. You will lose. Everyone has local, state, and federal representatives. Flood them with snail mail. Make a copy of what you write. There's an election coming up for many of them as well. Use that as leverage.

Understand something about many of these protestors. Most of them are probably not working. They are being used as pawns. This is their time in the spotlight... this is their opportunity to feel important. So their emotions are whipped up into a frenzy right now, especially with the national media focus. Any type of extreme reaction against them will fuel them even more. I guess my approach is to ride it out ride like it's a hurricane. It won't last forever. Don't focus on the race issue, because racial equality is not the goal of the suits behind the movement. Keep your eyes and ears on the suits.

One more thing... pray... read a Bible... try to connect to the Father in heaven. I believe we have lost our way in this country with regards to God. God will fight your battles for you if you let Him, and you follow Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 09:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,586,489 times
Great post with good suggestions. I'm unable to rep you again, so I'll give you a thumbs up here.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:00 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,115,883 times
Man would I hate to be public safety of any kind without a union

Old 07-14-2016, 10:13 PM

3,810 posts, read 4,685,928 times
This isn't exactly the same but I had a couple friends on FB that just consistently tried to post smart a$$ posts about stuff going on with race relations. I really wanted to reply to their posts and call them out how they always were making posts about white people and how it seemed they had an issue with whites. I finally removed them from my friends list. I realized I almost stooped to there level and for what? So I could offend my black friends that NEVER posted anything dealing with race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies