Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 10:39 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times

Advertisements

Does seem that way, doesn't it. Further, they will probably write in a way to get the most ratings for them...and probably not so great for you.

We can always say, "Well, if you go off and do something really despicable like (well, you know), you deserve it," but what if you just fall out of favor with the powers that be? This not necessarily making up things about someone but rather, just telling one's life in a different light.

Ie, there is always that "thousands of rounds of ammunition"........which in Texas if you don't have 5K-15K around at any time, you aren't practicing enough. Myself, as a professional reader, one look at my library could tag me as an anarchist to a lesbian to a zionist.

On the other hand, if they are kind, they might just label me as a crazy cat lady.

What can they find in anyone's portfolio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 10:41 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
You did what to who now?

Old 07-14-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You did what to who now?
Nothing of the sort but with this recent sniper, I was relating to myself, till now, about the similar books we might have had.

For example, I have the nice thick Army training manual on marksmanship.......think I picked that up in my JROTC days when I was on rifle team. I have two military manuals on sniper operations....which I have used in my law enforcement research for determining prerequisites for special police units and in a major (took 2-3 years) SWAT research project.

Things like that.....got to run.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:03 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
I'm not a professional reader but couldn't you be a Zionist, lesbian, and anarchist all at once?

Old 07-15-2016, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not a professional reader but couldn't you be a Zionist, lesbian, and anarchist all at once?
I suppose that's possible but I was just tossing out letters of the alphabet. I mean, I don't have the infamous "Cookbook".

What I do have are books on toxicology, but once again, those are from things like marine biology and psychology. If they find my year's worth of issues, from the early 90's, of "On Our Backs" or my paperback collection of Jessica Amanda Salmonson's works, I might be nailed (I would think it would take both). The first was a research project, the second is fun reading!

As for being a Zionist, again, I was just tossing out letters. I might have a decent collection of such works (if they made the move from the apartments; part of that section of the library was packed but then the box was too heavy to move) but once again, at the time, I was in a course of study about Arab-Israeli politics.

Eh, maybe I am too sensitive about it. On the other hand, someone might take my 50+ volumes of my personal and acting diaries as a manifesto I am writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies