Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 05:55 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,569,954 times

Advertisements

There are no absolute freedoms in any part of the constitution.

Right to bear arms - but as my friends on Left would say, you can't own a tank or a nuke. Well said.

Freedom of speech - again my friends on Left would say all Hate Speech should be banned. Also you can't shout 'bomb' on a plane or 'fire' in a crowded cinema.

It's time to put restrictions on religion too, Islam doesn't belong in a civilized society. I understand that this is the Left's favorite religion and though they always want to limit every freedom in the constitution, they will fight for their allies (Islam) in this case.

To be a good Muslim is to be like Muhammad. Unfortunately Muhammad wasn't a nice chap, and that's putting it mildly.
Sina's Challenge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 05:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
No one has freedom & liberty, unless they fight for it.
There is always going to be someone wanting to bully you.

Rights are not given. We always had them.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:42 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times
Islam claims they will Rule The World.......Christians are told to accept this? You remove one religion another will take over. You remove those who will fight for Freedom another group will move in to oppress you!

The choice is with the people......Stand For Freedom or Die under a group that has been around longer than the US Constitution.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:46 AM

26,557 posts, read 15,127,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post

Right to bear arms - but as my friends on Left would say, you can't own a tank or a nuke. Well said.

Freedom of speech - again my friends on Left would say all Hate Speech should be banned. Also you can't shout 'bomb' on a plane or 'fire' in a crowded cinema.

It's time to put restrictions on religion too, Islam doesn't belong in a civilized society. I understand that this is the Left's favorite religion and though they always want to limit every freedom in the constitution, they will fight for their allies (Islam) in this case.

To be a good Muslim is to be like Muhammad. Unfortunately Muhammad wasn't a nice chap, and that's putting it mildly.
Sina's Challenge

Not to nitpick, but...

Actually, you can own a tank, but I get your point.

If my stocks ever blow up huge, maybe I'll buy a Sherman!

So, you want to buy a Sherman tank | Military Trader

Old 07-15-2016, 08:42 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,782,621 times
There already are restrictions on religion. Doesn't matter what your religion is or how sincerely you hold to your scripture. You can't stone people (applies to jews, christians, muslims). You can't sacrifice animals (jews, voodoo practitioners, pagans.) In most states, you can't marry a 13-yo (applies to jews, christians, muslims, hindus). Etc.

Specifically, what further restrictions would you like to see placed on religions?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,888,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No one has freedom & liberty, unless they fight for it.
There is always going to be someone wanting to bully you.

Rights are not given. We always had them.
absolutely right. one thing we have to remember is that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. we must, as citizens of this country, continually fight for our rights under the constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not to nitpick, but...

Actually, you can own a tank, but I get your point.

If my stocks ever blow up huge, maybe I'll buy a Sherman!

So, you want to buy a Sherman tank | Military Trader
you might want to look into an M60 patton tank instead. the sherman tanks were called purple heart boxes in WWll

Old 07-15-2016, 09:04 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,962,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post

Sina's Challenge
The first part of your post is quite right in my view. There are limitations to our freedoms.

However, it seems you want to put restricts on Muslims only. Why stop there and not restrictions on Hindus or Buddhists or Jews for that matter.

Can it be your views are prejudiced by animus ????

Old 07-15-2016, 09:05 AM

20,729 posts, read 19,392,808 times
The Constitution was written after bibles were printed in English such that "the boy that pushes the plow" read the essentially anarchist , stateless religion of personal faith all by themselves . So yes Christianity easily fits with in it and it brain washes people with the idea that Islam is just another personal faith. The Quran is not like the New Testament. Its more like the Constitution in the vision of how to form a state. There can only be one.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:08 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,569,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The first part of your post is quite right in my view. There are limitations to our freedoms.

However, it seems you want to put restricts on Muslims only. Why stop there and not restrictions on Hindus or Buddhists or Jews for that matter.

Because Hindus, Buddhists, etc. do not have a word wide Jihad terror network.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:11 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,425,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

" Why stop there and not restrictions on Hindus or Buddhists or Jews for that matter.'

Has any of those declared a Jihad against the U.S.?

Has any of those car bombed, human vest bombed or done any other terrorist acts around the world?

Context means a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies