Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best way ?
Trump: Militarily and geographically crush the heart of ISIS and route them out where they flee. 34 94.44%
Clinton: Let the geographic heart keep beating, and just defend internally against their attacks. 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:48 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times

Advertisements

That's exactly the problem Hoss - the US is blamed regardless of whether we're involved or not and the Syrian president is correct - we've been funneling money and resources into the ME for years to these fringe groups because we want to topple the gov'ts and their existing leaders.

I listened to both interviews last night and found Hillary's to be just one deflection after another - never really answering the question. I do not want to see boots on the ground but at the same time until these extremists are defeated we will continue to see these attacks around the world and more on our own soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 10:52 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Neither. I am a libertarian. I don't believe the U.S. has any right to initiate force upon any individual, much less any other nation. I believe only in retaliatory force against those who initiate force upon others. When aggressors act within our borders against people living here, that is the time to use retaliatory force against those aggressors. "Preemptive" and "presumptive" strikes against suspected aggressors in foreign lands is both immoral and irrational. It is the U.S. meddling in foreign affairs which has led to much of the world "hating" the U.S. Being a bully nation against other nations is precisely why we have so many "enemies". We would "hate" any foreign nation that manipulated U.S. leadership or assassinated American people. I don't understand how people don't understand the "hatred" of the U.S. abroad. We are more than a super power, we are a super aggressor, rather a super predator. We use military might to impose our interests throughout the world. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

My son is a liberterian and I definitely understand your views - but they have already perpetrated crimes against US citizens here in the US. So retaliation is in order. I don't believe that we should have ever meddled in the Middle Eat or with other govts rule to begin with - but we can't change that now - we have to protect our own.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:46 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
My son is a liberterian and I definitely understand your views - but they have already perpetrated crimes against US citizens here in the US. So retaliation is in order. I don't believe that we should have ever meddled in the Middle Eat or with other govts rule to begin with - but we can't change that now - we have to protect our own.
"They" should be retaliated against. But who is "they"? Are "they" anyone who associates or sympathizes with those who actually are guilty of an act of aggression?

Take an analogy as an example...

Say a gang member, "crip" for example, kills a bunch of say Israelis in a theater. Does Israel have a right to exterminate all "crips" throughout the world? Does Israel have a right to bomb L.A.? Do they have a right to kill any American that is a suspected "crip", sympathizes with the "crips", or lives in the neighborhood where "crips" live anywhere in the world? Does Israel have a right to kill every "crip" whether they have or have not committed any crime, without trial or any proof whatsoever that a particular person has actually done anything?

The above is what we are doing right now whether we wish to admit it or not.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:50 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Its time. The allies have to go get these monsters and get as many as they can. And then do it again. The world has changed.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:52 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,062,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
As demonstrated time and time again if we do not go get them they will come get us.

It is time to exterminate.
Great analogy. Just like preventing insects, so shall it be with ISIS. We must destroy them.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"They" should be retaliated against. But who is "they"? Are "they" anyone who associates or sympathizes with those who actually are guilty of an act of aggression?

Take an analogy as an example...

Say a gang member, "crip" for example, kills a bunch of say Israelis in a theater. Does Israel have a right to exterminate all "crips" throughout the world? Does Israel have a right to bomb L.A.? Do they have a right to kill any American that is a suspected "crip", sympathizes with the "crips", or lives in the neighborhood where "crips" live anywhere in the world? Does Israel have a right to kill every "crip" whether they have or have not committed any crime, without trial or any proof whatsoever that a particular person has actually done anything?

The above is what we are doing right now whether we wish to admit it or not.
Neither the US or Israel does anything that comes remotely close to your statement. There is nothing to admit to not as you put it as it's simply not done.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Whomever left me the following comment in reputations, why don't you come out in the open and state it?
Quote:
You deny it, yet fail to show in any way how what the U.S. is doing in the middle east is different from what I stated... curious.
To keep in line with this thread, the US itself or as the leading part of NATO should not take a lead in dealing with anything in the Middle East or North Africa. It's time for the so called allies to get together (instead of having meetings where no one shows up or making useless resolutions that no one backs up) and put up their own people and deal with the situations that threaten them. It's time for these so called allies to pay for the assistance needed instead of requesting the US to show up and fund themselves and others for showing up.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:48 PM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times
We should have never gone into Iraq and destabilized the region in the first place. But since we did, and we made a mess of the region, I think it is our responsibility to fix it. If we leave the region a mess, it will only serve as a giant training facility for terrorists.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
With these people warp ideology and a farce of a religion, if you can call it that, even other Decent Muslims, say this is not about religion.

We can leave them alone all we want, it is not going to stop these people from attacking us and abroad, these people thrive on instilling fear into victims and they love killing innocent people here and abroad that is obvious. I don't know what a plan of attack we should have, but I can bet if we leave this alone, it is only going to get worse and out of control.

Just imagine if that truck that was used in Nice Paris was used in your own neighborhood, how would you be today. And if you were alive, what would your thoughts be.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:18 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Nay to both. We need to focus on eciting the Middle East.

We need to do so by:

Creating alternative energy sources and need to focus on making the US self sustainable

Second we alone do not need to police or address every issue going on in the world. Need a coalition of European, North American, Russian, Pacific, and Middle Eastern nations to work on stopping ISIS.

To do that we need to stop taking male refugees over 18. We need to train forces to fight and need to train refugees we are taking to return back with skills to rebuild their nation.

Ground fighting will be covert and small scale tatical strikes with guerrilla fighters.

Work in resistance fighters in establishing a new Goverment.

We leave when the military says so. We create no date, but create exit strategy with all nations involved.

Additionally, we work on providing aid such as Red Cross to help rebuild schools, goverment, and so forth in Iraq and Afghanistan. Teach those willing new skills. Aid and training stops in 10 year's and we are done. Only involvement is trade. If they support terrorism stop trade and contact with the Nation.

Support UN in stopping genocides. Same policy with Syria applies for nations affected by Genocide.

Work with UN in creating an independent Kurdish nation.

US is not to get involved with any ME nations nuclear ot terrorist unless provoked. So say Iran builds nuclear weapons tell them to stop they don't cut off trade don't deal with them until willing to negotiate. Let the CIA do their stuff spy on them and if something seems fishy like a trade then by all means US does what theu have to do at that point.

Country supports terrorist and we are attacked by all means we will strike and stop trade until they can prove via actions willing to end terrorism.

Israel let them deal with their own issues.

If another nation is attacked aid the country, but don't fight.

Focus on clearing US debt to othe nations, especially China. Let China deal with North Korea. Same policies apply with North Korea like Iran.

US job is not to police the world, but we can't turn our back on nations. We only should be involved in direct combat if it is a joint coalition of Nations with UN support. If US strikes on own it should be if they are attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies