Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:17 AM

45,595 posts, read 27,223,343 times

Advertisements

Not much around here regarding last night's Town Hall on race... or actually it was yesterday afternoon's town hall edited for television.

Was it that much of a dud?

I did not see the whole hour. Seemed like a high amount of talk and expressions of grief, and no solutions other than a general attempt to be better and hopeful.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 07-15-2016 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 07:33 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,087,142 times
Obama completely side stepped the question put forth by the Texas Lt. Governor. Dan Patrick asked the President if he would light up the Whitehouse in Blue lights to support the police. The Whitehouse has been lit up in different colors to show support for various groups in the past. He ignored the question.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:08 AM

With what I saw last night, he was getting into how he feels when people react a certain way to black people. And he described stuff that exactly parallels what I experience. Example - I believe he mentioned something similar to when a black person walks in proximity to a car, people will lock their doors or put their alarms on. It is a frequent occurrence for me.

He says - in effect, others must change how they respond.

I say - although I don't like when people react that way, I understand it. Black men, by percentage, commit a lot of crime. That's the truth... it is what it is. What the president is asking is for people to override their protective instincts to not offend black males.

Look - whenever I go to back inner Southeast DC, you best believe I will be on a higher alert than I am in Texas. That's just my protective instinct kicking in.

I would like someone in a public position to call black men that commit crimes to a higher standard of living. What would be nice is if that would be coupled with a plan to increase jobs in the black communities.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:56 AM

109 posts, read 66,496 times
I don't think anybody watched, or cared. The Nice, Paris attacks took precedence.

Doubt we missed anything of importance. Eric Garner's daughter called ABC's/Obama's townhall discussion on race "a sham".

http://ijr.com/2016/07/650411-daught...ged-town-hall/

Old 07-15-2016, 11:35 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,064,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Obama completely side stepped the question put forth by the Texas Lt. Governor. Dan Patrick asked the President if he would light up the Whitehouse in Blue lights to support the police. The Whitehouse has been lit up in different colors to show support for various groups in the past. He ignored the question.
To President Obama, race is the only thing his party focuses on, with no heed to reality or common sense solutions. His hate for law enforcement is just sickening.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:38 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,064,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not much around here regarding last night's Town Hall on race... or actually it was yesterday afternoon's town hall edited for television.

Was it that much of a dud?

I did not see the whole hour. Seemed like a high amount of talk and expressions of grief, and no solutions other than a general attempt to be better and hopeful.

Not to mention more political spin from Obama. Just another waste of viewers' time.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:40 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,713,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
ignoring it is equivalent to saying no.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
ignoring it is equivalent to saying no.

Yeah... Obama absolutely cannot have a "no" answer to that question be recorded.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:17 PM

53 posts, read 48,719 times
Questions by public were fair and concise, Obamas responses were a bunch of uhhs, ahhs, mmmms, urggsss, he made no sense, worst speaker ever.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:19 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,713,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah... Obama absolutely cannot have a "no" answer to that question be recorded.
he beat around the bush, just like hillary does, just like loretta lynn-ch does, they don't answer questions, they are experts at sidestepping everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies