Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 04:18 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,229,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
An assault truck ban needs to be considered. No one needs to own a huge truck that can be used as a lethal weapon to mow down innocent children and other people. People on the no-fly list should not be able to buy trucks at all.

It is also time to institute a waiting period and a background check for truck buyers. After all, it is not the murder that is important, it is how it is committed that is the central question. The equipment utilized in the murder is what we need to look at, not the motivation or religion or psychology or character of the killer. We just really need to know the equipment he chose to commit the murder. Nothing else is really important.

Thank God there is no 2nd amendment for trucks, so we should be able to get this ban in place before the election.
Love it. Hilarious. Here is another factoid most dont realize, if you take the top most deadly shootings in the US in the last 25 years (I believe this would include Orlando, Newtown, Virginia Tech, Newtown/sandy hook, Kileen Texas/Lucbys cafeteria and San Bernadine) the total would be LESS in total,than what Timothy McVeigh did in less than a second in 1995. He killed about 168 to include 33 children I believe...in a daycare center, in less than a second.

Sooooo, maybe the left should have us ban Ryder rental trucks too......that or increasse background checks on everyone renting any vehicle bigger than a smart car.....sigh....yeah,,,,that'll stop em.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 04:46 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
In a country as split as the US, even collectively you wouldn't stand a chance because you would only have the support of a certain part of society.
1/3 for staying with the king
1/3 on the fence.
1/3 for making a brake.

That was the split back then.

As I said individually no. Collectively yes.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Don't you see, it only works BECAUSE you threaten to use the gun according to its design purpose, which is to kill. If the purpose of a gun were not to kill, the person you aim your gun at would laugh and punch you in the face.
perhaps that is the way YOU see it in your tiny little mind, because you do not have the capability to expand your mind and see other possibilities. if i point a gun at someone and they stop what they are doing illegally, and go away, then the gun has done its job nicely, and no one died. on the other hand, if i were to point a knife at someone, they probably would end up attacking me, and i would be forced to use the knife as it was intended, and the attacker might end up dead as a result.

so for self defense against an attacker, which scenario turned out for the better? in your tiny little mind probably the second one where the attacker dies because you hate guns so much.

Quote:
That's an illusion the NRA keeps promoting. In reality when you get an oppressive government today it will be in legal ways, and if you threaten authorities with guns, you will be deemed criminals and treated accordingly.
rubbish, unless the constitution is changed, there is NO legal way for the government to take away americans firearms. and if the government does try to take guns by force, THEY will be the criminals, not the citizens defending themselves.

and it wont be just a few here and there. large numbers will take up arms against such an oppressive government, and you will have a new civil war going in short order.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
perhaps that is the way YOU see it in your tiny little mind, because you do not have the capability to expand your mind and see other possibilities. if i point a gun at someone and they stop what they are doing illegally, and go away, then the gun has done its job nicely, and no one died. on the other hand, if i were to point a knife at someone, they probably would end up attacking me, and i would be forced to use the knife as it was intended, and the attacker might end up dead as a result.

so for self defense against an attacker, which scenario turned out for the better? in your tiny little mind probably the second one where the attacker dies because you hate guns so much.

rubbish, unless the constitution is changed, there is NO legal way for the government to take away americans firearms. and if the government does try to take guns by force, THEY will be the criminals, not the citizens defending themselves.

and it wont be just a few here and there. large numbers will take up arms against such an oppressive government, and you will have a new civil war going in short order.
You must be dilusional to believe that! California and NY have been legally taking away people's guns for decades.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You must be dilusional to believe that! California and NY have been legally taking away people's guns for decades.
no, they have been preventing them from buying firearms, to my knowledge there have been no forced gun grabs in those states by the respective governments.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:35 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yep.

There are a million ways to save lives, TONS more lives than the gun deaths, but no one wants to talk about that.

Status quo for the rest of that crap.
Hyper-defensive, I see. There are endless organizations trying to make things safer. Seat belt laws, air bags, crumple zones, etc., for cars alone. You really ought to get out of that "cold, dead hole".

Old 07-17-2016, 05:43 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
The purpose of guns is to injure and/or kill living beings, that is what they were invented for. You can abuse them for gardening or whatever you want, but it doesn't change their design purpose.

So, your opinion, do you know why gun powder was invented?

Old 07-17-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
And ignore any by the folks who post what gunners really think but are embarrassed to post, ja, mein herr?
Show us, and there is a difference in satire and what you beleive to be true...so, show us what you think is the truth and NOT satire.....

I'll wait....And that goes for pro gunner also...

Better yet, I'll start, an assault rifle is ONLY semi auto and safe.........

You are next opana.....

Old 07-17-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Hyper-defensive, I see. There are endless organizations trying to make things safer. Seat belt laws, air bags, crumple zones, etc., for cars alone. You really ought to get out of that "cold, dead hole".
Yet a product designed to go from point a to b, kills almost or more than what people say is supposed to kill....

Old 07-17-2016, 06:21 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
And it is the criminal misuse of either one that results in results in mass casualties.

Quote:
I don't share that view. Firing a gun at someone is like driving a truck in order to deliver goods. It's their respective design purpose. Just ask the designers at Glock etc.
Having guns in society is like distributing matchboxes in a kindergarten.
If you are not responsible enough to 'have a gun in society,' by all means please don't own one.

But please don't take them away from all the responsible hunters who feed their families with the game that they shoot, the responsible sportsmen who aim for a higher target score or the responsible police who protect you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies