Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 10:38 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times

Advertisements

Are you naive enough to believe there are two sexes, man and woman? If so, you are committing gender oppression and are guilty of genderism.

Shame on you!

If you'd like a peek at the madness on it's way to a state near you, check out Hot Air - Connecticut officially redefines all language dealing with “gender” « Hot Air

Here's the Daily Caller article the Hot Air story is based on - Connecticut Gov: Believing In Two Genders Is 'Genderism' | The Daily Caller

Start here for your trip down the rabbit hole. Safe Harbor Project Scroll down to Gender Identity/Expression Fact Card July 7 2016. Anyone know what a two-spirit gender blender is? Someone in CT does.

I bet the answer is in here somewhere. shp: LGBT Definitions

What's a shame is IMO the SJW'S are helping to create a new generation of totally effed up kids, more confused about gender that ever. And they're doing it on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 11:53 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
What a load of psycho-babble sh*t.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,194 times
I really don't care what bathroom people use and adults can assume any persona that they feel fits them. Gays only differ from straights in who they are attracted to. Not a big deal for me at all. Everyone should have equal civil rights. That said, except for the extremely rare case of someone born of indeterminate sex, there are only two sexes, male and female. I don't know or care what makes someone gay or transgender and accept all as they are but if you are born with a penis you are male and if with a vagina, a female. It really is that simple. Yes some males are attracted to other males and some males feel like they are a female, but biologically they are males plain and simple. The craziness is getting out of hand.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:53 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,815,321 times
You're either a man or a woman, period!

Old 07-16-2016, 01:02 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
I think this whole 50 some genders thing is the result of two things: contradictor trans rights movements and strict gender norms.

When gender norms are too strict, it alienates people who maybe don't fit every stereotype of how a man or a woman should act. And when trans rights completely contradicts feminism, despite feminism being among the main advocates for it, it creates an unstable set of values that lead people to this sort of thinking.

There are two genders. How you act is up to you. A man can find sports brutish and unenjoyable. A woman can enjoy sports a lot. I think that some people have something that makes them feel they are the other gender and I do believe these people deserve rights. However, we should be more critical of their transitions as, espeically with male to female, these procedures can do more harm than good. Perhaps finding alternatives to helping trans people be comfortable with themselves would be more helpful to them in the long run, even if it's not as happy feeling.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:13 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
I wouldn't mind dabbling in androgyny, but Mr. Johnson won't let me.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:19 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I think this whole 50 some genders thing is the result of two things: contradictor trans rights movements and strict gender norms.

When gender norms are too strict, it alienates people who maybe don't fit every stereotype of how a man or a woman should act. And when trans rights completely contradicts feminism, despite feminism being among the main advocates for it, it creates an unstable set of values that lead people to this sort of thinking.

There are two genders. How you act is up to you. A man can find sports brutish and unenjoyable. A woman can enjoy sports a lot. I think that some people have something that makes them feel they are the other gender and I do believe these people deserve rights. However, we should be more critical of their transitions as, espeically with male to female, these procedures can do more harm than good. Perhaps finding alternatives to helping trans people be comfortable with themselves would be more helpful to them in the long run, even if it's not as happy feeling.
There are two sexes. Genders, I'm not so sure of.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
That's not very flexible of you, now is it?

Personally, I thought I suffered from gynephelia, or an attraction to adult females from age 20-50.

But no, it turns out - "Gynephilia is philologically inconsequent, as it takes the nominative instead of the root, and would have as its counterpart anerphilia not androphilia; while gynophilia is formed in violation of Greek word formation rules. The term gynophilia is used to mean "attraction to adult women", in contrast with pedophilia, with the aim of therapy usually being to replace pedophilic desires with teleiophilic ones. The age zone of gynephile interests is defined likewise as in case of androphilia"

Wtf!

It makes you realize why Connecticut has the highest state debt per capita in the nation.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:21 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Sometimes, people are girls, boys, or simply children.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:39 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,815,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Sometimes, people are girls, boys, or simply children.
Regardless you are still either a male or female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies