Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 10:52 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Cooler heads need to prevail here.

Plenty of white folks marched with MLK back in the day. I don't see this as being an issues that should divide.

This ain't MLK's movement.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:53 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The comments are something else too !

Highly entertaining. Check out this guy:

Blake Hayner ·
Founder at Speaking Compassionately

Wake-up Cupcake! As a white man I am responsible for giving my life for the cause! Are you?

I'm willing to put my body between black people and cops gun's. I'm willing to risk my life attacking a bad cop trying to murder a black person. Are you princess?

This work is about not having to do this work ever again. Everything I have, everything I can get, all my wealth and white power , I will give freely to anyone who asks for it. How about you sweetie?

White power is very effective in a white supremacists nation. I will win or die!
Life is endless, take risks to be love! Be the change !

Like · Reply · 23 · Jul 12, 2016 2:25pm

Old 07-16-2016, 10:59 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
That part about reparations literally made me LOL! Yeah I'm not gonna go without so some entitlement minded fool can live off my sweat. Never gonna happen.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:15 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
This insanity.....I can't even comprehend it. It's so hopeless. If even half of all black people did or do think like this...how will we continue living together???? Seriously. It's gonna end up like Sunni vs Shiite or Palestinian vs Israeli.
Utter insanity! The quote that stuck with me was (paraphrasing) "Why should white people come to a BLM rally when THEY are the oppressors"?

So.. this is literally the definition of racism and stereotyping.
Any white person, even one who tries to stand in solidarity with this cause is considered an oppressor automatically.

The SHEER ignorance displayed in this screed is mind boggling!! She talks about "reparations being non-negotiable!"
I have to wonder if the author of this or people who think like she does are aware that 1/3 of the transatlantic slave trade was African kings and rulers who actively participated and profited from it!

I wonder if she is aware that there were many BLACK slave owners in the United States as well.

Then there is the inconvenient fact that not many white people actually owned slaves
Blacks were never close to a majority in America, so it's mathematically impossible for most whites to have owned black slaves. But Hey!! We are ALL oppressors simply by virtue of our skin color.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:19 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post

Then there is the inconvenient fact that not many white people actually owned slaves
Blacks were never close to a majority in America, so it's mathematically impossible for most whites to have owned black slaves. But Hey!! We are ALL oppressors simply by virtue of our skin color.
Was that for socio-economic reasons or ethical reasons?

I do think you can think that black lives matter without supporting Black Lives Matter.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:21 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
This ain't MLK's movement.

You're damn right.

MLK was as great man, a man that doesn't come along very often. He'd be ashamed of what is happening right now with how BLM is handling things... he really would be.

I admire him... he had courage that I couldn't imagine having... truly... to go against the system the way he did and how he did it. Truly admirable.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:24 PM

500 posts, read 318,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
That part about reparations literally made me LOL! Yeah I'm not gonna go without so some entitlement minded fool can live off my sweat. Never gonna happen.
It's already happening Jack!

They have been living off your sweat since even before their births.

Who do you think pays for their housing, their food, their clothing. their cell phones...their everything?

You do and I do, along with every other typical taxpayer in this Nation.

High time we turn off that welfare spigot...see how they like that reality.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:27 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
These leftists are all losers, white and black.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:27 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
The " writer" of this article is also working on her M.A in Africana Studies . Makes you wonder how much of this hateful mentality was indoctrinated into her by her Universitiy professors.
It's sad when people can be so " formally educated" yet so very ignorant . I wonder if her goal is to become a Professor and spew this hate speech to the next generation .
--

"Ashleigh Shackelford is a *****, agender, Black fat femme writer, artist and cultural producer. As a contributing writer at Wear Your Voice, Ashleigh covers the intersections of race politics and body positivtiy, LGBTQ issues, Entertainment and Feminism. Ashleigh is also a contributor at For Harriet and the creator of Free Figure Revolution, a body positivity organization. She is currently working on her M.A. in Africana Studies at Morgan State University."

Old 07-16-2016, 11:28 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
It's already happening Jack!

They have been living off your sweat since even before their births.

Who do you think pays for their housing, their food, their clothing. their cell phones...their everything?

You do and I do, along with every other typical taxpayer in this Nation.

High time we turn off that welfare spigot...see how they like that reality.
You're not taking social security and medicade, right? Wouldn't want any of that welfare spigot water getting you wet. Don't want to pay for your retirement and your medications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies