Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:15 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I dunno about that; my company has internal support in the Philippines and I don't think they're easy to understand at all. My coworkers are almost 100% Indian and I can understand most of them, though every day I have to ask at least one of them to repeat something.
One adjusts to the cadence and inflection. I hired a couple Indian grad student interns once and it was two weeks before we could communicate without pointing and drawing. It got much easier as time went on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 08:18 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Which ones? I'd much prefer giving my business to a company that actually hires Americans

good luck-- many companies are being sold to foreign investors=== soooooo

Old 07-18-2016, 08:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Default Verizon outsourcing to India

And?

So called "American" corporations have been outsourcing their so-called "customer service" functions to India for years now.

After all, India has the world's largest population of English speakers.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:56 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
If the democrats win the white house, they will allow all companies unlimited access to oversea workers.

Hillary openly supports free trade but not fair trade.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If the democrats win the white house, they will allow all companies unlimited access to oversea workers.

Hillary openly supports free trade but not fair trade.
Dude, it's 2016. This has been going on for DECADES, REGARDLESS of who's in office. Give it a rest already.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Dude, it's 2016. This has been going on for DECADES, REGARDLESS of who's in office. Give it a rest already.

It has, and you are correct but that doesn't mean we can't try to put a stop to it.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:20 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It has, and you are correct but that doesn't mean we can't try to put a stop to it.
Right, so why not just go ahead & blame the democrats again, brilliant.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:35 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Right, so why not just go ahead & blame the democrats again, brilliant.

No, I will admit , the blame is on both parties. I've said this before, the GOP and the Democrats are like the legs on a huge body. Sometimes one leg is swinging forward , others it is moving back...but the body as a whole is moving forward.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
You are correct that both parties are responsible but what you're suggestion is to skip voting. The reason no party has control of the white house for more than 2 consecutive terms since Reagan-Bush is because since the Democrats recaptured the WH with Clinton, the country embraced globalism with the Dems. The reason Bush W reclaimed the WH because Bill Clinton's scandals and NAFTA has started moving jobs away. While Bush W. was no job saver he did leverage cheap money and spread it with the people.

Obama killed the middle class and created this huge income inequality because banking regulation made it impossible for small businesses and middle class to borrow because the Fed no longer wants to insure loans against risky borrowing. Anyone without good or no credit gets no money while the big business has unlimited cheap capital.

Sure is great when Apple can borrow cheap money and turn around and sell their own bonds. They can do rinse and repeat without doing any business with consumers

The results today because of Fed's heavy regulation is going to cause people to vote against Obama/Hillary.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:37 PM

3,527 posts, read 3,730,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How do you stop it? The only sustainable solution without getting the Congress involved is consumer backlash. I see a few card companies advertising their reps are all US based, but not many.
I haven't done it specifically, but I'm sure a consumer could ask to speak to an American rep before continuing the phone call. Demand it, actually. I'm sure they'd be able to patch you through to someone in the U.S. If we got a large movement of people doing that, it could affect change.

I once called Sirus about a connection issue. First I got an Indian rep who couldn't solve the problem. Then they patched me through to some guy in the Midwest, and I was shocked. He couldn't solve the problem either, so I was patched through to a third guy in India. Turns out it was a contract issue for why I couldn't receive service on a new radio, but the Midwest guy was in good spirits, and that's the positive I could take from the situation, although it's sad that I never expected to speak with an American when I called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies