Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 10:41 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,499,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So you take issue that a bank or investment firm is black owned?

Again, please explain why the black ownership of the bank is so disturbing to you. Are you also disturbed because Banco Popular is Hispanic owned? Is it disturbing that East West Bank is Asian owned?
I don't care the race of who owns a bank or business , just if they do good business and are honest .
I'm not so clanish .

Just because an owner is black , white , Hispanic , Asian , Muslim etc etc doesn't mean they are good or bad.
Do you ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 10:42 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,557,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
"White banks " ? are there any banks that call themselves white banks?
Also did you know the big banks have had black execs and CEOS also Hispanic and Asian Execs too ?

Also the shares of these companies are publicly owned , by all races and ethnicities

How can you call them " white banks"?

Banks care about your income and credit score . They run it through a computer . The color they care about is Green .

Google "redlining"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ZPp1rILCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMs8eQP4T0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKAWUCsfAY

Old 07-17-2016, 10:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,557,453 times
Quote:
I don't care the race of who owns a bank or business , just if they do good business and are honest .
I'm not so clanish .

Just because an owner is black , white , Hispanic , Asian , Muslim etc etc doesn't mean they are good or bad.
Do you ??

Obviously you care because you created this thread. But you only care about what black people do, no one else. Just blacks.

Why do YOU care where I invest my money? Why do you ONLY care where black people invest THEIR money?

Old 07-17-2016, 10:46 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,143,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
But don't the same people telling blacks to fix their communities (places they won't even step foot in, but yet know so much about) have a problem when blacks try to successfully build ecomically. Why is there such a problem?
You're exactly right! In a certain group's eyes we're damned if we do and damned if we don't..

Old 07-17-2016, 10:46 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,500,666 times
Quote:
Like I said I haven't seen any press releases or Asian or Hispanic celebrities calling for people to move money from " white owned banks" to Hispanic or Asian banks

That's the difference . If you find it , please post it . Thanks

When I moved to a place where Asians are everywhere, and more numerous than either blacks or Hispanics, I discovered something that never occurs to people who live where there are few Asians.

Asians DO heavily patronize Asian-owned businesses. It is extremely uncommon to see an Asian in a typical corporate supermarket. Since everyone has to eat, Asians are shopping SOMEWHERE, and there are a number of Asian grocers serving the market, including an Asian supermarket in an Asian mall.

There are also many small Hispanic markets, which are specialized and thus better able to serve their market - the 'international' food aisle at the corporate supermarket just doesn't cut it.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:49 AM

People can't put their money where they want , in a bank or in a shoe box or under the mattress .
Just saying its silly to say a bank is good because of the race of the owner (s) that's all.
I guess we just don't agree

I asked the question ..

"because an owner is black , white , Hispanic , Asian , Muslim etc etc doesn't mean they are good or bad.
Do you ??"

But you didn't respond.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:50 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,142,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Maybe the blacks can reject the whites money for all the government benefits? I mean if they want to separate their money lets separate the tax base as well.
"Whites money"?
You think other races don't pay taxes in this country?

Old 07-17-2016, 10:50 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,200,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
So when Black people do the very thing you cry babies continuously cry about, building their own economic base to improve their own communities, you still cry. Look we understand we are fascinating people but please go find another minority to obsess over.
As a white conservative male I see no problem with this. Take care of your people, keep your money in your neighborhood, become less dependent on the system. Be more free thinking ect.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slarock View Post
other races fully don't do that, this is the point.

Asians come off as the model minority but a lot of Asians really only spend money in their community. I read something that it's take 28 days for Asian money to leave the Asian community whiles blacks it takes 6 days.

If blacks started boycotting Walmart for a black owned version, it would have financial repercussions on Walmart as a hole so I understand why people are against the idea.

But the only way for blacks to get respected as a whole is to build up their economic base and let their money speak for them, only then will issues stop happening.

it's a good idea that all blacks really need to consider, also create ideas for businesses which leads to more blacks finding jobs.
"US" versus "THEM"right ? This mentality is a losing one .

Old 07-17-2016, 10:52 AM

31,078 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So you have NO problem with Latinos banking at BancoPopular, BBVA?
And you have NO problem with Asians banking with Cathay Bank, East West Bank?
Makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies