Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times

Advertisements

Black on Black loans, a great idea.

Hopefully a private enterprises itch assets to carry it all.😀
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 09:44 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes but wouldn't you say those banks might have something to do with language ?
Black Americans generally have English as their first language don't they ?

Again with the white supremacist stuff
Yes, when these viewpoints raise their ugly heads, I call them out. When people spread the idea that black empowerment is not important, their misinformation grows if left unchallenged. I'm not here to let that happen..

That said, that vast majority of banks have bilingual tellers. This alone refutes the importance as identified in your statement. But let's not kid ourselves, Latino and Asian owned banks aren't under attack like black owned banks are. So this comes back to the entire purpose of this thread was to attack black empowerment.
  1. When blacks try and do for themselves after being neglected, we're attacked..
  2. When blacks use government assistance, even thought whites are the larger burden on the system we're attacked..
  3. When blacks vote for our interest politically, we're attacked.

Do you see how your side appears?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:49 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
The viewpoint that a community bank should focus more on the community versus race ?
Ok. That viewpoint is a " white supremist" one in your opinion ..

Old 08-23-2016, 10:03 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The "community" is America. There should be no "black community".
Get outta here. SMH..
Quote:
Marry the mother of your kids and get a job. The rest will take care of itself.
Who are you to give advice?

Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Please explain why these threads are NEVER created about Asians or Hispanics creating banks and encouraging their group to bank with their respective groups financial institutions?

It ONLY becomes a problem when black people push for self sufficiency and economic empowerment..
Because we are usually the loudest and don't back down. They want us to be like the Asians and just shut up. You know they see them as the model minority.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:52 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
"they"

"U.S" versus "Them

Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
They'll turn that into a criminal enterprise immediately.

Old 08-23-2016, 11:10 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Have you seen any press releases for people to #banklatino or #bankasian ?
I haven't seen any myself . Or calls for people to move their money from " white owned" banks to Asian or Hispanic owned banks . That's the difference .

I live in a majority Hispanic area and I've gotten flyers for businesses that say " Latino owned" and that's also rubs me the wrong way too .

We wanted to be United ? We need to stop Dividing ourselves
So basically we should move in silence ? Because that's basically what Asians and Hispanics are doing

Old 08-23-2016, 11:18 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
So basically we should move in silence ? Because that's basically what Asians and Hispanics are doing
They're not only threatened by black empowerment they're offended that some blacks had the audacity to announce it publicly...

We're pilling back the onion more and more with each conservative post...

Old 08-23-2016, 11:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Why not focus more on the whole community rather than the race or color of certain people in the community even if they are a majority .
What about the white , Asian , Hispanics, etc that might live in a " black neigborhood " ?

Shouldn't a community bank be for everyone in the community ?
Who says that non-black people cannot join a black credit union?? I know white people who are members of the black credit union where I have one of my savings accounts. Our "white" community supports the black credit union. Even the business community at-large is supportive of the black credit union.

Just because black people also support it and push for others to support it doesn't mean that the institution is ONLY for black people. Most of the people I know who bank at this particular credit union do not live in the neighborhood and it is not neighborhood specific or race specific.

Quote:
Marry the mother of your kids and get a job. The rest will take care of itself.
FYI, you quoted my post. I am a married female with children. What does this statement have to do with anything I said.

I will though reiterate that we should not just give money to banks just because they are black. IMO they should be supporting charities, organizations, or neighborhoods and the people that live in those neighborhoods via monetary gifts, education, and community outreach to better the lives of the families of their customers and the community at-large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies