Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 08:40 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

I think it's called black separatism and there's nothing new about it. Different forms of it, some more virulent than others have been proposed by Booker T Washington, Malcom X and Marcus Garvey. Interestingly, Martin Luther King Jr opposed the idea, understanding the divisive nature of the ideology.

What would the Obama or Hillary administration do if a black owned bakery refused to make a wedding cake for a white couple? This is where we are headed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 08:47 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Again, if all of the black people reading this thread will take note that NONE of the non-black posters have any issue with Asians or Hispanics patronizing Asian or Hispanic owned banks. They are only "concerned" about black economic empowerment. But aren't these the same people who bash black Americans for NOT being economically self sufficient? So which is it?

Notice how they are accusing Asians or Hispanics of "separatism". Only blacks. We have to ask ourselves why...but we already know the answer to that question.

These "Black" threads reveal the truth about "their" motivations.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:53 AM

Again, whenever and wherever there is black economic empowerment we have this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skqLAOCCrLc

Old 07-17-2016, 09:00 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Please explain why these threads are NEVER created about Asians or Hispanics creating banks and encouraging their group to bank with their respective groups financial institutions?

It ONLY becomes a problem when black people push for self sufficiency and economic empowerment..
Are those banks you named ONLY for hispanics or ONLY for Asians? If they are, surely there's a ton of flapping in the media about it...right? To answer the question: If that is the case, yes, I have a problem with that as well. It's divisive. Why didn't I start a thread about it? Never saw it in the media or I would have.

Despite the ignorant beliefs that white people are "envious" or want to destroy, it's nothing but hypocrisy from some black people.

All I hear is how everything is "white's" fault. If only the whites would do something for the blacks. The whites need to "pay for slavery", and the whites need to lower standards, and the whites need to give more money, and the whites need to help....but then I hear about banks only for blacks, or businesses only for blacks, and when I say, "wait, that makes you a hypocrite", somebody wants to come and tell me I'm "envious".

No. I'll tell you what I am: Pissed.

I'm pissed that race relations are going backwards. I'm pissed that the media, the clown in the WH, the protesters, etc are lying and dividing, not trying to have any rational discussion and showing a true desire to have more understanding. I'm pissed that people are being racist jackasses on both sides. I'm pissed that what I see in real life does not even come close to what the media portrays, what social media portrays - it's not even close. I'm pissed that any "minority" would ever allow anyone to keep them on that plantation and keep them angry. I'm pissed that we can't just say "Americans" we have to call people "minorities" or "black" or "white" or Asian" or "hispanic" right off the bat. I'm pissed that so many people fought against segregation, I'm pissed that people DIED in the fight against segregation, I'm pissed that you aren't even following your own byline in your own header. Your words in the last post are nothing about "love", so why do you even quote MLK? I'm pissed about hypocrisy and lying and people attempting to segregate while telling others that they are owed something for something they NEVER had to go through. Enough of this bullsh**!

You are American. You are not "African American", you are not "black American", I'm not "white American", it's not "Asian American" or "Mexican American", you're GD American. I understand identifying with your heritage...I identify with my Irish heritage very much. They suffered, they didn't get an easy ride and have privilege. They f-en starved. However, I never suffered that, so I don't claim that as my own battle and demand people pay me for it.

I would never open a bank and say, ONLY IRISH or #IrishMoney or #BankIrish because it's absurd. If the other Irish wanted to support my business or bank because I'm Irish, fantastic, but I would never be so damn arrogant as to say "this is just for Irish people and if you squawk about it, it means you're envious".

You're better than that, calipoppy.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:15 AM

Those banks are not black ONLY. Stop it!

With each and every post you people prove my points over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are those banks you named ONLY for hispanics or ONLY for Asians? If they are, surely there's a ton of flapping in the media about it...right? To answer the question: If that is the case, yes, I have a problem with that as well. It's divisive. Why didn't I start a thread about it? Never saw it in the media or I would have.

Despite the ignorant beliefs that white people are "envious" or want to destroy, it's nothing but hypocrisy from some black people.

All I hear is how everything is "white's" fault. If only the whites would do something for the blacks. The whites need to "pay for slavery", and the whites need to lower standards, and the whites need to give more money, and the whites need to help....but then I hear about banks only for blacks, or businesses only for blacks, and when I say, "wait, that makes you a hypocrite", somebody wants to come and tell me I'm "envious".

No. I'll tell you what I am: Pissed.

I'm pissed that race relations are going backwards. I'm pissed that the media, the clown in the WH, the protesters, etc are lying and dividing, not trying to have any rational discussion and showing a true desire to have more understanding. I'm pissed that people are being racist jackasses on both sides. I'm pissed that what I see in real life does not even come close to what the media portrays, what social media portrays - it's not even close. I'm pissed that any "minority" would ever allow anyone to keep them on that plantation and keep them angry. I'm pissed that we can't just say "Americans" we have to call people "minorities" or "black" or "white" or Asian" or "hispanic" right off the bat. I'm pissed that so many people fought against segregation, I'm pissed that people DIED in the fight against segregation, I'm pissed that you aren't even following your own byline in your own header. Your words in the last post are nothing about "love", so why do you even quote MLK? I'm pissed about hypocrisy and lying and people attempting to segregate while telling others that they are owed something for something they NEVER had to go through. Enough of this bullsh**!

You are American. You are not "African American", you are not "black American", I'm not "white American", it's not "Asian American" or "Mexican American", you're GD American. I understand identifying with your heritage...I identify with my Irish heritage very much. They suffered, they didn't get an easy ride and have privilege. They f-en starved. However, I never suffered that, so I don't claim that as my own battle and demand people pay me for it.

I would never open a bank and say, ONLY IRISH or #IrishMoney or #BankIrish because it's absurd. If the other Irish wanted to support my business or bank because I'm Irish, fantastic, but I would never be so damn arrogant as to say "this is just for Irish people and if you squawk about it, it means you're envious".

You're better than that, calipoppy.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:29 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Again, whenever and wherever there is black economic empowerment we have this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skqLAOCCrLc

Most people would like nothing better than for blacks, in America and around the world, to assimilate to the norm, become productive and contribute to the global economy.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:38 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
OneUnited Bank Partners With #BlackMoneyMatters L.A. To Empower African-Americans To #BankBlack In

Apparently a lot of celebrities are encouraging black people to move their money to black owned banks.
Is this a positive thing?
Doesn't this kind of go back to the days of segregation?

I get putting your money in a local bank or credit union, but I feel like this type of stuff divides the country more than unites it.

What do you think?
Both Jewish Americans and white Americans bank with their respective financial institutions. Why is it divisive for blacks to do the same? The black owned banks don't have a history of redlining and they are local banks involved in their communities.. Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc. don't have that same history or commitment...

Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
So when Black people do the very thing you cry babies continuously cry about, building their own economic base to improve their own communities, you still cry. Look we understand we are fascinating people but please go find another minority to obsess over.
Nailed it.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:49 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
So when Black people do the very thing you cry babies continuously cry about, building their own economic base to improve their own communities, you still cry. Look we understand we are fascinating people but please go find another minority to obsess over.
It's amazing, aint it? You see black people trying to take care of their communities and still these rednecks whine and moan.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:52 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Yeah I see nothing wrong with this. It should help the black community.
Agreed. I also think that blacks should do what other minorities have done to succeed. That is to patronize only black owned businesses and contractors. Build from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies