Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 07:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

This thread truly does illustrate the fear of black economic empowerment and financial prosperity. To these people there is nothing more dangerous than an educated, self aware and self loving black person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nppb01xhfe0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 08:34 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Have you seen any press releases for people to #banklatino or #bankasian ?
I haven't seen any myself . Or calls for people to move their money from " white owned" banks to Asian or Hispanic owned banks . That's the difference .

I live in a majority Hispanic area and I've gotten flyers for businesses that say " Latino owned" and that's also rubs me the wrong way too .

We wanted to be United ? We need to stop Dividing ourselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KutYW_Syf_I

Old 07-17-2016, 08:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Black banks, white banks.

Okay, so which banks do not employ people of color? This is so absurd. Are there no "black" executives that work for major banks? I mean, really. This isn't 1950 anymore. What about shareholders? Are there no "black" shareholders for "white" banks?

Does anyone see how absurd this is? If you pull your money out of JP Morgan and put it with Local Black Bank fine...bank locally, but to imply that other banks are white only is so backwards.

"Bank black" should be changed to "bank locally". You are supporting your local bank. Local banks usually donate to the community. Local community then benefits from your patronage.

This is a great example of a divisive society we live in. We are all Americans.
I was under the impression that banks are run by Jews, not whites

Old 08-22-2016, 10:47 PM

75 posts, read 107,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarock View Post
other races fully don't do that, this is the point.

Asians come off as the model minority but a lot of Asians really only spend money in their community. I read something that it's take 28 days for Asian money to leave the Asian community whiles blacks it takes 6 days.

If blacks started boycotting Walmart for a black owned version, it would have financial repercussions on Walmart as a hole so I understand why people are against the idea.

But the only way for blacks to get respected as a whole is to build up their economic base and let their money speak for them, only then will issues stop happening.

it's a good idea that all blacks really need to consider, also create ideas for businesses which leads to more blacks finding jobs.
fun fact the model minority thing is a myth

The Culture Canard of the Model Minority Myth: how racial gaps in academics aren’t due to cultural pathology | Reappropriate

Old 08-22-2016, 10:50 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
12.6%. That's not even lunch money to big banks. For the trouble and expenses caused by that 12.6% banks would happily lose that business. But they can't because big daddy government has your backs. Without it

and no doubt <5% GDP.

Bank wherever you want. It hardly threatens the overall economy. Each of us has that right.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yet another way for the people in this country to separate instead of unite.

The media has been a fantastic mouth piece for the powers that be, pushing agendas and lies and making people believe that some things are bigger than they are until real life catches up to the lie and the issue does in fact become bigger than it originally was. They must be getting some fat bonuses for a "job well done".

If an honest person looks back not just the past almost 8 years, but before it, they would see that race relations are going backwards now, not forward. Many social causes are causing acceptance to go backwards, not forwards.

And then there will be some liberals who pretend none of that is true - and that liberal is what I consider my enemy. They are causing harm to this country, and I will not stand by any one who does so. If shtf, and they needed me to save them, I would turn my back on them.
Do you have your money in a black owned bank?

Hell no, nor would you put it there.

So miss me with all this "unite" stuff.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So you have NO problem with Latinos banking at BancoPopular, BBVA?
And you have NO problem with Asians banking with Cathay Bank, East West Bank?

Its ONLY when black people seek to empower our own do the usual suspects squawk.
These conservative whites really show their true colors when these threads come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Maybe the blacks can reject the whites money for all the government benefits? I mean if they want to separate their money lets separate the tax base as well.
Good. Then reject those taxes that get pulled from my check every week. Then release all African American military members from their military service.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:11 PM

200 posts, read 278,906 times
Wow.

So the big problem in the hood is private investment. Blacks were redlined out of neighborhoods,jobs and couple that up with racist lending practices and the war on drugs you get these hollwed out neighborhoods. With black banks, ran by black people investing in black lives and black economic power, the community can be lifted out of dire straights. This isnt new. Cities like Tulsa, Greenwood, Columbus etc all had prosperous sectors until poor whites got jealous and continued to burn them down and Robert Moses planning put freeways through the middle of urban areas.

Its interesting how "pulling yourselfs up by the bootstraps" is causing such a commotion. Pro Black doesnt mean anti white calm down. Y'all dont have to be apart of EVERYTHING dang 🙄😚😐😩

mind yo bizness

Old 08-22-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stationplay View Post
Wow.

So the big problem in the hood is private investment. Blacks were redlined out of neighborhoods,jobs and couple that up with racist lending practices and the war on drugs you get these hollwed out neighborhoods. With black banks, ran by black people investing in black lives and black economic power, the community can be lifted out of dire straights. This isnt new. Cities like Tulsa, Greenwood, Columbus etc all had prosperous sectors until poor whites got jealous and continued to burn them down and Robert Moses planning put freeways through the middle of urban areas.

Its interesting how "pulling yourselfs up by the bootstraps" is causing such a commotion. Pro Black doesnt mean anti white calm down. Y'all dont have to be apart of EVERYTHING dang 🙄😚😐😩

mind yo bizness
That whole bootstrap thing is a canard...

What they really mean is "go to work and take the table scraps we give you....and be careful not to get too big. And definitely don't aspire to be bigger than us."

Now if you're Asian or Hispanic, it's cool.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:18 PM

271 posts, read 341,482 times
Wait..So whites complain that "Blacks don't take responsibility" and that "Blacks need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps", and "Blacks need to fix their own communities", etc.. And when Black people start to organize their economy to do JUST THAT, now whites are saying "hey thats reverse racism"..(?) Good grief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies