Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 10:05 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
As I understand it, open carry is legal in Cleveland and will be allowed outside the convention center which, as a privately - owned business, chooses to not allow guns inside.

Media has reported there will be 3000 incremental federal LE at both conventions.

The conventions may just be among the safest places in the world, at least in terms of presence of LE.

Nothing however prevents anyone with a " suicide by cop" thing from opening fire.

One would think reasonable people will not go near the conventions unless they have business in the convention centers. Even then......

BLM are going to cause their usual planned bottle throwing and many others may go their for the idea of looting stores and getting free stuff.. I just hope it doesn't get to that and they scare the hell out of the protesters and intimidate them to keep them in place.. peaceful and just march..

I know they bus them in.. I saw riots in Asbury Park and they were grabbing white people out of their cars and beating them up.. gun shots.. they burned their own stores down..national guard called in..this happened in the early 70's and Asbury Park has never been the same since.

People avoided Asbury Park like the plague and the town because ghetto like.. It is now , I would say the past 5 years tryiing to come back. It is prime property right on the ocean and the riots killed that town.almost 50 years ago and they still struggle.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:08 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
BLM are going to cause their usual planned bottle throwing and many others may go their for the idea of looting stores and getting free stuff.. I just hope it doesn't get to that and they scare the hell out of the protesters and intimidate them to keep them in place.. peaceful and just march..

I know they bus them in.. I saw riots in Asbury Park and they were grabbing white people out of their cars and beating them up.. gun shots.. they burned their own stores down..national guard called in..this happened in the early 70's and Asbury Park has never been the same since.

People avoided Asbury Park like the plague and the town because ghetto like.. It is now , I would say the past 5 years tryiing to come back. It is prime property right on the ocean and the riots killed that town.almost 50 years ago and they still struggle.
What about blacks attacked in the 60s and 70s for being on the wrong side of town? Did the bells toll for you then? Please. Whites attacked blacks... Blacks attacked whites. Same thing with the Zoot Suit Riots in Los Angeles.

I've never been to Asbury Park.

Last edited by Relaxx; 07-17-2016 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-17-2016, 10:09 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
BLM is officially a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION.

They have called for an overthrow of the government and called for violence on government personnel.....and now bodies are falling. Silliness is over. THEY ARE TERRORISTS.

AND....Obama and Hillary have embraced them.

Democrats you own this.

The New Black Panther party just opened a chapter in Baton Rouge. Coincidence??

Old 07-17-2016, 10:10 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
This may sound silly, but I'm genuinely becoming concerned. Is the beginning of order's end?
Silly enough for me to buy 500 rounds of bulk rifle ammunition yesterday (in addition to what I already had, of course)

Old 07-17-2016, 10:11 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,112 times
Obama will invite them to the White House.
Hillary will pander to them in speeches.

It's a war folks. Pick a side. The side of law and order. Or the side of chaos, murder and blocked major highways.

This is only gonna get worse.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:13 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
I would like to see one change in all police shootings and terrorist incidents. After the incidents anyone over 13 years old who lives with (or lived with if he's dead) the perpetrator be automatically and immediately arrested and charged with something like aiding and abetting. I don't care it it's a roommate, a spouse, a parent or a 15 year old brother. The killer might not give a rat's butt about their own life but some may think twice if their 70 year old grandmother or kid brother has to go to prison because of their crap. Also, it may be the only way to get family members to turn in these creeps.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:14 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
So, violence is ok for some but not others? Was there not a post about killing all 1.3 billion Muslims the other day here. Why is violence all of a sudden wrong??? Own it.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:14 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
They need to not bother trying to take these terrorists alive, just make such a decision an automatic death sentence to the shooter.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Lived in NJ, twice.

Blew me away that so much of AP trended dump, the music scene and gay investment not withstanding.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:15 AM

8,605 posts, read 10,136,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If the media would start putting the so called police brutality all in proper perspective, then this horrible cop killing would stop. The media is as much if not more to blame than anything else!
ITA! Shame on the media for their irresponsibility with all of this. Until journalists decide to put aside the manipulation (and stop being a part of it) and stand up against the politically-charged environment (on both sides) and organized efforts, this will only get worse. The irresponsible reporting from the media will continue to incite this type of anger and division and the entrenched need to open their eyes. People need to really start believing that the media and its stories are often either bought and paid for, or politically driven. Thanks to the media, too often we are pressured into either accepting or being silenced by the most demonstrative intimidators or manipulators for either not choosing a side or choosing the wrong side. It's time for people to wake up and start thinking for themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.