Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 03:42 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

The left's basic strategy is colored good...white bad. A pretty successful political strategy. Too bad it is putting people at peril and adding stress to the welfare state they so adore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 04:03 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
More cops shot. More nationwide unrest. Are we at or approaching a key turning point in our history? If police all around the country decide to aggressively and proactively protect themselves, will the coming, inevitable confrontations with various lawless groups masquerading as defenders of civil rights explode into much more tragic situations? Do you think that, for lack of a better term, a 'race war' is on the horizon?
Could we actually be in a martial law situation?
I don't know what to say. All I know is that my late father told me that things must get worse before things get better. I don't think we are at the tipping point, however we are at the point where more things are yet to come? Why is this happening? This country is failing our people in many different areas which is causing folks to act with aggression. Some of these issues are a result of socio economics that has not approaved since the 2008 recession. Plenty of blacks were hurt in the 2008 recession and did not see their income grow compared to whites and have been left behind. With no economic improvements, this leaves many, mainly men to go into black market trade which violates taxes, social security, law enforcement and places men in prison. Than you have the global radical Jihadi movements which inspires folks here to take out and kill Americans like in Fort Hood and San Bernardino. Than you have mental health issues where folks go crazy and start killing, a good example of this is Orlando massacre and Sandy Hook CT massacre. Now you have right wing populist and left wing populist movements going on and it looks like both groups my go radical due to the drastic course this nation has taken in recent years. This country is failing our people, and with failure, these folks are slipping through the cracks of society and then return to inflict harm when ready. The US as a whole has no one to blame but itself for all these attacks that has taken place under Obama Tenure as president. President Obama can not fix none of this because his time as President is almost up, its up to the next president to try and fix what is going on in America. But again that is not likely. Right now our enemies Russia, China, North Korea, Iran and Isis are giving each other high fives for what is going on in America internally. Its not the tipping point but just the things that are yet to come. All I have to say is that the US as a whole is finished. Great nations and Empires break from the inside, and rarely from the out.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:18 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
More cops shot. More nationwide unrest. Are we at or approaching a key turning point in our history? If police all around the country decide to aggressively and proactively protect themselves, will the coming, inevitable confrontations with various lawless groups masquerading as defenders of civil rights explode into much more tragic situations? Do you think that, for lack of a better term, a 'race war' is on the horizon?
Could we actually be in a martial law situation?
No. Fifty years ago was worse: we had political assassinations, race riots, anti-war protests, and a vile creature installed as the nation's top cop in the person of J Edgar Hoover who kept dossiers on everyone and anyone and used that info to intimidate and blackmail both government officials and private citizens.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:11 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
What? I have never met a single person on the left that said they support attacks on western civilization and Christianity. You are making all this up. Your entire post is false.
BLM tweets today - bet they are Christian and vote Democrat

# BLM - No sympathy for dead pigs
# We ain't Scared
# Won't be the last time

Although I hope this does right itself - the atmosphere is tense in the US. Between the elections with candidates many don't want, illegal immigration, the economy and killings around the world - more people are fearful and scared.

When you're scared even a small slight can turn into a big problem. Guns and ammunition are flying off the shelves here in blue NY. Yes many are carrying on but they are being more selective about where they go, what they do, what they say and are on the defensive.

A bad economy - you can deal with, killings over seas - we can deal with as they aren't on our shores but combine that with killings in the US and the constant blather about BLM has got more than a few people on edge.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:17 AM

[quote=Bronxguyanese; Some of these issues are a result of socio economics that has not approaved since the 2008 recession. Plenty of blacks were hurt in the 2008 recession and did not see their income grow compared to whites and have been left behind.

I agree with your post but add that many whites - like myself have not recovered from the recession. Our family is just over the poverty line and do not get the freebies or help the gov't gives others and many others are in the same boat.

When you're a hard working American - not getting ahead even though doing all the right things - we too are disenchanted with those receiving all this assistance - no matter the color - but we're not taking it out on others.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:51 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
BLM tweets today - bet they are Christian and vote Democrat

# BLM - No sympathy for dead pigs
# We ain't Scared
# Won't be the last time

Although I hope this does right itself - the atmosphere is tense in the US. Between the elections with candidates many don't want, illegal immigration, the economy and killings around the world - more people are fearful and scared.

When you're scared even a small slight can turn into a big problem. Guns and ammunition are flying off the shelves here in blue NY. Yes many are carrying on but they are being more selective about where they go, what they do, what they say and are on the defensive.

A bad economy - you can deal with, killings over seas - we can deal with as they aren't on our shores but combine that with killings in the US and the constant blather about BLM has got more than a few people on edge.
Right wingers seem to get spooked easily, they like to stock up on guns and ammo, but they typically just hiding in their basement in fear, so I am not concerned they will go crazy and start attacking other people.

I don't know what economy you are talking about, but the one I am in is currently doing pretty good. As for killings overseas, there will always be there, sometimes you pay more attention to it, sometimes you pay less, it is a big world with lots of people.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Right wingers seem to get spooked easily, they like to stock up on guns and ammo, but they typically just hiding in their basement in fear, so I am not concerned they will go crazy and start attacking other people.

I don't know what economy you are talking about, but the one I am in is currently doing pretty good. As for killings overseas, there will always be there, sometimes you pay more attention to it, sometimes you pay less, it is a big world with lots of people.

Unemployment Rate 6.80% 7.40% 6.30% Recent Job Growth 1.58% 1.84% 1.18% Future Job Growth 36.40% 36.30% 36.10%
Sales Taxes 0.00% 8.88% 6.00% Income Taxes 9.00% 10.04% 4.72% Household Income $57,039 $51,865 $53,046
Family Median Income $66,663 $57,113, $64,585.00

Your state of Oregon is the first number, NY - my state the second and National is the third. Glad you're doing so well but despite recent job growth - we have high unemployment, manufacturing jobs were lost and taxes kill us - also note household income - we don't see the growth in our area.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:30 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
What? I have never met a single person on the left that said they support attacks on western civilization and Christianity. You are making all this up. Your entire post is false.

Oh really?

Liberals tend to hate Christians and Jews. Witness the continual assault on anything Christian under the guise of "separation of church and state". While the church should not control the state, or influence secular decisions, one should not eliminate church from the state, as the left advocates. Witness the removal of any Christian proverbs from any public building and the elimination of Christmas celebrations in any public schools. Say a prayer in school?- get expelled.

Likewise, in the last democrat platform, witness the boos when those in the convention were asked to recognize the sovereignty of Israel. Given that leftists are fascists, they hate Israel and most practicing Jews.

The assualt on western civilization has been through policy (Johnson's Great Society) to eliminate two parent families through financial incentives and to promote the drug culture (does not the left always advocate for legalization of every drug) to destabilize western culture. In addition the wholesale importation of illegals from Mexico and Muslims is an effort to destroy current Anglo-American culture and create a permanent slave class of dem/lib constituents.

You are on the wrong side of history and the "right side" of evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies