Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does President Obama Bear Any Responsibility For The Recent Police Shootings?
YES 70 55.12%
NO 57 44.88%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 10:52 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Trump flip-floped on so many issues it's impossible to know where he really stands. It's certainly strains credulity to believe he changed so much on so many issues in such a short time. BUT for the sake of argument, I'll assume he's sincere in disavowing the KKK.

Trump's overall tone of bullying (insults, belittlements, degradations, demagoguery against various groups) certainly created an atmosphere in which the KKK could come out and offer its support in the first place. I don't recall even other Tea Party faction candidates getting an official endorsement. Two aspects are in this one.

1.The leadership sets the tone for an organization (formal or informal), and Trump's tone is precisely the type of behavior that brings all the wingnut haters out of the woodwork. Even David Duke's confident enough to make another run for the US Senate now! I cannot see how this could be possible had Cruz won instead. So Trump is at least partially responsible for our current political incivility (though I can also argue that cause and effect are reversed - the hateful tones floating about Twitter, Facebook, and the more "free speech"-oriented forums encouraged Donald to think he could get away with making such unpresidential comments. I admit this is likely a chicken-and-egg issue, as it's not obvious which came first. Still, there's little reason to doubt that he amplified that tone).

2. His disavowal is still easily interpreted (rightly or wrongly) as a wink-and-nod to his more hateful supporters: "Donald, we realize you had to disavow them because supremacist group support is political venom for a candidate, but deep down we know you really like our views". Whether this is true or not, his tone and words are very congruent with what many in the white supremacy/racial realism groups think, even if not all such people who believe his rhetoric are actually racist, misogynists, etc.

Any way you look at it, I wouldn't trust Trump to be in *any* governmental position.
The KKK was born out of the democratic party along with Jim Crow.. the democrats fought against the republicans who wanted to abolish slavery.. today the democrats are still looking for cheap labor.. the illegals..

Old 07-24-2016, 12:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Of course not, this happened before Obama and it will happen after Obama, but weak people always have to blame someone for everything.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:33 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Of course not, this happened before Obama and it will happen after Obama, but weak people always have to blame someone for everything.
of course not?

he's 100 pct responsible.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
of course not?

he's 100 pct responsible.
Exhibit A.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:48 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I voted "yes." He shoots his mouth off too quickly and makes statements that pander to his base, without waiting for enough facts to draw an informed conclusion. The office of the President should be above that sort of reactionary rhetoric; this man is not fit to be president.

Exactly my thoughts.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Nope! The shooters bear 100% of the responsibility...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies