Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 10:30 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is a time for everything in life if the time arises. Including killing.
Give me liberty or give me death, was not made up last week. War is hell. So pick your battles wisely. It could be your last.
Dude, kill somebody based on their career choices is wrong, plain and simple. If you want to address the issue of police brutality, fine. But seriously?

You don't have any friends/loved ones/family members who are police officers? Why don't you have a real conversation with them. The first step towards healing is to reach mutual understanding and respect.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:32 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,147,980 times
Quote:
There is a time for everything in life if the time arises. Including killing.
Give me liberty or give me death, was not made up last week. War is hell. So pick your battles wisely. It could be your last.
You sound like you have been watching Eugene's videos.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:32 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Kill somebody who have done nothing wrong.
Ah, now we are getting to the meat of the problem. An eye for an eye, still has precedent today.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Ah, now we are getting to the meat of the problem. An eye for an eye, still has precedent today.
So kill somebody who have done nothing wrong is eye for an eye?

Old 07-18-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Dude, kill somebody based on their career choices is wrong, plain and simple. If you want to address the issue of police brutality, fine. But seriously?

You don't have any friends/loved ones/family members who are police officers? Why don't you have a real conversation with them. The first step towards healing is to reach mutual understanding and respect.

We can agree to disagree.

Don't go to war, if it is not worth losing your life over.
The truth is treason, for those involved in the war.
I do not associate with bullies. Like those combative here, the truth of human nature ignites a personal war.

Don't make anyone mad, unless you can keep them incarcerated for life. Or watching your back, may be a full time job.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
We can agree to disagree.

Don't go to war, if it is not worth losing your life over.
The truth is treason, for those involved in the war.
I do not associate with bullies. Like those combative here, the truth of human nature ignites a personal war.

Don't make anyone mad, unless you can keep them incarcerated for life. Or watching your back, may be a full time job.
I don't either. I have been bullied once or twice, but I don't view their entire family or race as bullies.

Don't judge others based on their skin color or career choices. Not a mission impossible.

Most shifts begin with a briefing or roll call session of 10-30 minutes. Here, a supervisor will assign beats (patrol sectors) and radio call numbers, advise of any special details or assignments that might have to be covered during the shift (e.g. a high school football game is set to end at 10 p.m., and an officer should be in the area for traffic control), and brief everyone on any ongoing crime patterns or "BOLOs" (Be On the LookOuts) so officers will know to watch for specific behaviors, people, or vehicles.

They don't wake up one morning just decide to kill minorities. Most of them have families to feed, just like you.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
So kill somebody who have done nothing wrong is eye for an eye?
What started/caused the police shootings? Who said the police have done nothing wrong and the collective coverup and lack of accountability, they apply every instance in the police killing people. Mainly black people. Shoot first ask questions later is now the perfect defense.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
What started/caused the police shootings? Who said the police have done nothing wrong and the collective coverup and lack of accountability, they apply every instance in the police killing people. Mainly black people. Shoot first ask questions later is now the perfect defense.
Please let me know what these dead police officers in Dallas have done wrong. I will be waiting.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I don't either. I have been bullied once or twice, but I don't view their entire family or race as bullies.

Don't judge others based on their skin color or career choices. Not a mission impossible.

Most shifts begin with a briefing or roll call session of 10-30 minutes. Here, a supervisor will assign beats (patrol sectors) and radio call numbers, advise of any special details or assignments that might have to be covered during the shift (e.g. a high school football game is set to end at 10 p.m., and an officer should be in the area for traffic control), and brief everyone on any ongoing crime patterns or "BOLOs" (Be On the LookOuts) so officers will know to watch for specific behaviors, people, or vehicles.

They don't wake up one morning just decide to kill minorities.

I don't associate with them. That is my choice. I have never needed law enforcement for anything.
If my stuff was taken, I went and took it back. If my property was harmed I got it settled. If I was harmed, they too were harmed.
Never paid a speeding ticket and I have received many.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Please let me know what these dead police officers in Dallas have done wrong. I will be waiting.

That would be a question for the guy that pulled the trigger.... I had no beef with Dallas PD. They didn't bully me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies