Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 11:07 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Sure there is room to talk about it from a "perspective" that white folks don't march down the street in masses for killing of cops. The Blacks perspective does not include that other blacks are killing more black people than cops ever have. The Black perspective is that they think they will get change whites perspectives, by blockading white folks from using highways, when in fact, all that does is make whites hate them for it. Your "Perspective" on perspective is baseless.

When Blacks get together and clean up their own acts, then, maybe, they will get some understanding from more white folks.
There are Whites rioting over sporting events.

And something else. Black on Black murder and Blacks being treated harshly by the police have nothing to do with each other. The only reason anyone brings that up is to deflect from the subject.

Certain Black individuals blockading highways have nothing to do with the Blacks who actually protest peacefully and aren't blocking the highways.

How about this. I could go by your own logic. I could easily say(and I'm playing devil's advocate) "non-Black perspective on Blacks has no merit because it is only given as a means to complain about that". I could say that. I'm not though. You don't get to say whose perspective has or doesn't have merit if I don't.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Good Lord it never stops with you people does it? Quit doing stupid **** and you won't get shot or arrested. Why is that so hard to understand? Why do you think people are afraid to walk at night in the hood? YES! because they will get robbed, raped or killed! YES, based on statistics this is probably going to happen.

Clean up your act. Pull your pants up. Wear your hat straight and act like your part of normal society and this **** won't happen.

God please make the constant whining stop!!
The very fact that you say "you people" tells me what kind of bigoted mentality you have. And what about other persons who have done stupid stuff and have not been shot?

Personally, I don't walk through the hood at night. Alot of people who live in the hood would give their right arm to LEAVE the hood.

Something else. Alot of Blacks already have their act together, so go talk to actual hood rats who don't have their act together. This "you people" line is typical of those who have bigoted mentalities. And since when should pants sagging and wearing one's hate weird constitute getting shot by the police?

Old 10-18-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
High activity areas will result in higher police actions for sure so there is no way to really change this without addressing the whole issue of poverty/violence and gangs.

As far as the day to day encounters that target more black people than others for the same types of situations, yes this must be addressed. This will happen when law enforcement breaks away from the Blue Wall of Silence and admits there are individuals that should not be on the force. There is no shame in getting rid of your worst offenders and those with known illegal (racist/sexist/whateverist) views and beliefs, anger issues, power trips and plain old lack of sympathy and common sense. This is going to be a tough nut to break because of the unions.
The day to day encounters are the things many people are worried about when it comes to the police. For the life of me, I would never walk in the hood. However, the everyday person to person interaction is something that should never been worried about.

I think part of this is more than "blue wall of silence". We have people who look at this issue as "Blacks as a whole should be subjected to more scrutiny whether they are criminals or not. That makes us feel safer". Proof of that is what I see here on city-data.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:22 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is nothing new. I personally have respect for law enforcement however this MUST change. Black people are treated differently by law enforcement and may police officer abuse their authority.

Having black skin is NOT a crime. This MUST stop. It happens every day. Black people are reaching the breaking point. If you do not like or even hate black people then you should not be a police officer in predominantly black areas. This is not about GOOD police officers, its about the rotten apples.

I understand that law enforcement is a low paid and often thankless job but police officers must stop taking out their anger and frustrations on citizens. Change must come in the way in which officers treat the community AND the improvement of the training and salaries of police officers as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30tT93FChQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbdZ8x6nc1k

I know that many of the usual suspects will go off of the topic but this is about changing the manner in which law enforcement interacts with the communities that they police. This thread is about ideas and solutions. Please keep it moving if you have neither to offer.
All I will say is it depends on the cop and that most stops are legit.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:24 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Good Lord it never stops with you people does it? Quit doing stupid **** and you won't get shot or arrested. Why is that so hard to understand? Why do you think people are afraid to walk at night in the hood? YES! because they will get robbed, raped or killed! YES, based on statistics this is probably going to happen.

Clean up your act. Pull your pants up. Wear your hat straight and act like your part of normal society and this **** won't happen.

God please make the constant whining stop!!
Bad things are happening disproportionately to Blacks who don't live "in the hood", who aren't doing "stupid ****", who wear their clothes normally, and are part of normal society.

You need to open your eyes, and YOU NEED TO STOP YOUR WHINING.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:34 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

And something else. Black on Black murder and Blacks being treated harshly by the police have nothing to do with each other. The only reason anyone brings that up is to deflect from the subject.

Certain Black individuals blockading highways have nothing to do with the Blacks who actually protest peacefully and aren't blocking the highways.

How about this. I could go by your own logic. I could easily say(and I'm playing devil's advocate) "non-Black perspective on Blacks has no merit because it is only given as a means to complain about that". I could say that. I'm not though. You don't get to say whose perspective has or doesn't have merit if I don't.
And now we can throw in a basket of WHITE deplorables who want to stage an armed revolt if their candidate loses the election.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:36 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,128 times
Males are shot dead by police 22 times more often than women. There are factors unrelated to sexism that account for this, as there are factors unrelated to racism that explain whatever perceived grievances you have.

I'm sorry that you feel there is an organized conspiracy to oppress you on the basis of your skin color, if you have documented proof that your civil rights are being violated and it is not a delusion, get in touch with a district attorney or a lawyer.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:39 AM

88,997 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Bad things are happening disproportionately to Blacks who don't live "in the hood", who aren't doing "stupid ****", who wear their clothes normally, and are part of normal society.

You need to open your eyes, and YOU NEED TO STOP YOUR WHINING.
Based on what? Nearly every time a Black perp is shot, there's something they're doing that's illegal.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:50 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Based on what? Nearly every time a Black perp is shot, there's something they're doing that's illegal.
Clearly you have had little to no interaction with the Police, and yes, that is a good thing.

Police don't stop a person out of concern for their safety, they do so because they think they are doing something wrong. Anyone with any significant exposure to police knows they always assume you are guilty and will lie to them. Ever had a DUI check ? Did the cop believe you ? Any black person knows that the cops are not their friend and are not there to help them.

How would you like it if you were stopped for not walking on the sidewalk ?

'That's bull****!' Black man arrested for walking in the street in Edina [VIDEO] | City Pages

PS: this happens all the time.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:51 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

A
How many times you going to tell us that? 1,000?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies