Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 06:22 PM

270 posts, read 198,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm white and I can't get a precise read on what their agenda is, but everything I've heard so far sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I've heard some things from the fringes, but doesn't every movement have fringe people who usually eventually form their own groups because those fringe opinions aren't shared by the majority?

The BLM protest here in Dallas on 7/7 was peaceful.
Their core agenda is queerness and anti-capitalism. Alleged police brutality is just their cover. This is not fringe. Furthermore, their most active supporters will tell you that "all cops are racist" and that white people, in general are racist. Please do your own research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 06:26 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,779,329 times
About 15 years ago, a "black" coworker (who I looked up to) suggested bringing in watermelon and fried chicken in for his birthday (people would usually bring in bagels or donuts for their birthday). A white female coworker said "could you get any more stereotypical?" His response was "what? I like it" [the food].

And I thought good for him. I am Italian and I love pasta and meatballs with sauce. Nothing wrong with it IMO, but now bringing in fried chicken and watermelon would be a huge no no. That probably is a part of why blacks are shamed into NOT being proud of the things that define them.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
What I have begun to realize through these videotaped incidents is that "police brutality" has always been a two-way street even going back to the '60s--the black victim usually did something seriously wrong and the fault was on BOTH sides. This is not what I thought before or what I was told.

Sure, there is documented proof of unwarrented police violence back in the '80s and early '90s especially in LA, NY, Philly etc. But this notion of the "innocent Black victim" has now been irretrievably lost.
Really. We must not be watching the same viral YouTube video's. Also it is telling that you've used your recent Epiphany to extrapolate backwards in time as to the culpability of black victims back in the 60's in their demises. Nice work. Not. When a 6'1", 220lb. white cop has to shoot to kill a scrawny black kid or when a cop fires rounds at a 12 year old in a park who has no hostages, no victims, and no criminal history... look, its ok. BLM doesn't need your blessing. If you think blacks actually are complicit in their deaths at the hands of police, its ok. But now you understand why BLM is necessary.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Really. We must not be watching the same viral YouTube video's. Also it is telling that you've used your recent Epiphany to extrapolate backwards in time as to the culpability of black victims back in the 60's in their demises. Nice work. Not. When a 6'1", 220lb. white cop has to shoot to kill a scrawny black kid or when a cop fires rounds at a 12 year old in a park who has no hostages, no victims, and no criminal history... look, its ok. BLM doesn't need your blessing. If you think blacks actually are complicit in their deaths at the hands of police, its ok. But now you understand why BLM is necessary.

Ah..yes. You mean Tamir Rice pointing what looks like a real gun at police?

And Laquan McDonald pointing an actual gun?

I rest my case.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
About 15 years ago, a "black" coworker (who I looked up to) suggested bringing in watermelon and fried chicken in for his birthday (people would usually bring in bagels or donuts for their birthday). A white female coworker said "could you get any more stereotypical?" His response was "what? I like it" [the food].

And I thought good for him. I am Italian and I love pasta and meatballs with sauce. Nothing wrong with it IMO, but now bringing in fried chicken and watermelon would be a huge no no. That probably is a part of why blacks are shamed into NOT being proud of the things that define them.
I catch what you mean there. Crazy cause I like some "Black" food like fried chicken and I like some "Italian" food like chicken alfredo and so on. Tho I'm of Irish family: I draw the line at corned beef and cabbage.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If there is a race war brewing there was plenty of opportunity for police to have appeared to be listening to the cries of the Black People for fairness in their operations. This was coming. BLM or no BLM it would have happened. It's way bigger than Obama.
Sounds like you believe that killing cops is justified.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Ah..yes. You mean Tamir Rice pointing what looks like a real gun at police?

Tamir never really pointed anything at police beyond reacting in surprise to what must have seemed very startling. The police car entered the park at high speed and the officer had fired his first shot before the car fully stopped moving. No one, not even police officials attempt to defend this very public example of gross police misconduct. Why do you?

Old 07-18-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you believe that killing cops is justified.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:18 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,567 times
whooo hooo..

Hope and Change!!

Old 07-18-2016, 11:35 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Back in the 1980s, Blackness to me symbolized pride in ones heritage and community. You did not have to hate white people to have pride in your Blackness. Even your average Black Nationalist just wanted to be left alone.

BlackLivesMatter represents the radical fringe that always hated white people. They are changing the meaning of Blackness. They want Black people to hate white people while at the same beg concessions and guilt from these same white people.

They don't want to grow a Black middle class because that would promote "Respectability Politics." (Apparently that's a no-no.)
They want to suspend the Rule of Law so that thugs can roam the entire country without any responsibility whatsoever.

Quote:
They want us to declare the Black nuclear family dead forever and not merely tolerate but promote transvestisism and homosexuality.
They don't want to admit that their mentality is what drives the Black middle class away from the 'hood and and that their talk of "privilege" does nothing to unify Black people but does everything to promote colorism, racism and disunity.

BlackLivesMatter does not promote "Blackness"; they are a sure sign that Blackness Is Dead.
Seriously? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Given this statement alone I am shocked ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies