Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 08:23 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The 72% Black American unwed birth rate?
So you think that all black children are raised in bad, unsupportive families when they are born out of wedlock??

I was born out of wedlock and I have a great family. I knew my father (and still do and am a "daddy's girl.") I know my entire extended family and even grew up with 3 of my great grandmothers, and two of my great grandfathers throughout my childhood. I know cousins who are the children of my great great grandparents and we are a very close knit family. This is the case for a majority of black people. We are very family oriented no matter the circumstances of a child's birth.

Quote:
Your link which has been debunked numerous times does not negate what I stated.

FWIW, this will by my only response to you because you always post the same things over and over and rarely provide any sort of interesting discourse in conversations. And I only responded to state that the link has been debunked. There were indentured servants in America who were white, not slaves. FWIW as I also already stated, the first black people brought to Virginia in the 1600s also were not slaves, they were indentured servants. Slavery was not established as a tradition until the mid 1600s and it was not institutionalized until the late 1600s/early 1700s in the American colonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 08:38 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I just came across this article in the Chicago Tribune that I think helps explain what residinghere is talking about when she says that black people experience more racism than white people.

If we're being honest here, the odds of a white person moving into a mostly black neighborhood are probably lower than a black person moving into a mostly white neighborhood.

This man is only 31, so his experiences don't go back decades.
On this, I wanted to mention that I read this post recently on Facebook and that all of this man's experiences are VERY common for black people in America. I have had many of the same experiences and I honestly went to an HBCU in order to have a more peaceful college experience because even though I did go to an overwhelmingly diverse school (that was about 40% black and all of us were low to middle income kids) I also experienced a lot of stupid, off-hand racial remarks and I wanted to not experience that sort of thing in college.

The only person who ever told me I "talk white" was a white teacher for instance. I was only 8 and cannot remember ever hearing that before. I got in trouble because I told the teacher that I couldn't possible "talk like a white girl" (which is what she said I spoke like) because I am a black girl. I got sent to the principal for being "mouthy."

For NLambert on this subject, please note that all black people have experienced the sorts of things this man did. We experience these things in every facet of our lives from school to work to public interactions. When we are amongst our white friends especially we are typically thought, like the author of this post said to not be like those "other" black people because we are regular decent people. The fact is that over 90% of black people are these "other" type of black people that fall outside of racial stereotypes. We also deal with this sort of thing so much that it doesn't bother us like you think it does. As the author said multiple times in the piece, he didn't think that the whites he interacted with did/said things purposefully to be racist, they did/said them because they have no idea that the sorts of things they say/do are rife with prejudice.

A majority of black people know this and so we are not hostile or violent in these situations and we just let them slide for the most part and keep it moving.

On this, as I stated above, I grew up with a large extended family of grandparents and great grandparents. They especially pressed upon me that whites in general sometimes don't know what they are saying is prejudiced or racist and that whites were ignorant in regards to this. Not ignorant as in stupid, but ignorant like not knowing any better. IMO many times this is true today. I was told it wasn't worth my time to mull over these things and I should just know they are ignorant and not to take it personally. To this day I don't take it personally and I don't get mad about it and most black people don't get mad about it either.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:09 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,658,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
For NLambert on this subject, please note that all black people have experienced the sorts of things this man did. We experience these things in every facet of our lives from school to work to public interactions. When we are amongst our white friends especially we are typically thought, like the author of this post said to not be like those "other" black people because we are regular decent people. The fact is that over 90% of black people are these "other" type of black people that fall outside of racial stereotypes. We also deal with this sort of thing so much that it doesn't bother us like you think it does. As the author said multiple times in the piece, he didn't think that the whites he interacted with did/said things purposefully to be racist, they did/said them because they have no idea that the sorts of things they say/do are rife with prejudice.

A majority of black people know this and so we are not hostile or violent in these situations and we just let them slide for the most part and keep it moving.

On this, as I stated above, I grew up with a large extended family of grandparents and great grandparents. They especially pressed upon me that whites in general sometimes don't know what they are saying is prejudiced or racist and that whites were ignorant in regards to this. Not ignorant as in stupid, but ignorant like not knowing any better. IMO many times this is true today. I was told it wasn't worth my time to mull over these things and I should just know they are ignorant and not to take it personally. To this day I don't take it personally and I don't get mad about it and most black people don't get mad about it either.

You're one of the breaths of fresh air on the forum, btw... I am glad that we can have a civil discourse as these matters are extremely important. Figuring out how to overcome racism will help shape the future of our society.

I absolutely do not doubt that every black person has been subject to racism at some point in time or another. I also agree that there are many times that whites can be unintentionally prejudice based on their upbringing, the media, and other factors that play into their specific situation. They are in fact, ignorant. My goal is to get people to understand that ignorance is everywhere on both sides. (In all honesty, there really shouldn't have to be any sides)

When we learn that ignorance is out there and set to try and help educate those around us against the ignorance hopefully the stereotypes that are pushed into our faces will go away. I think some people just look for attention and as I said before, not giving an actor a stage means there is no act.

A poster in another thread said if they heard something racist towards them it would be met with violence. That serves no purpose other than to further perpetuate a stereotype. One should work to educate those against such methods instead of resorting to violence as a retaliation.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm not in poverty. I'm pretty confident I pay more in taxes than you...
Not a chance in hell. What's your income?

Just for reference, the tax forms I file are:

Schedule A
Schedule B
Schedule C
Schedule D
Schedule E
Schedule SE
Form 4562
Form 4797
Form 6251
Form 8582
Form 8801

That said, your comments were:
Quote:
The time of rednecks telling righteous people what they need to do is over.
Quote:
You're using stereotypes instead of facts.
The statistic that
Blacks have the highest unwed birth rate at 72% is a FACT. And that's definitely NOT a characteristic of "righteous people."

And YOU'RE the one who's stereotyping by implying that only "rednecks" believe Blacks' extremely high unwed birth rate is a tragic disgrace that imposes oppression ON THEMSELVES.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
I think it is humorous that you keep quoting outdated statistics.
They're NOT outdated.

Latest published CDC statistics:

Unwed Birth Rates

Black Non-Hispanic: 70.9%

White Non-Hispanic: 29.9%

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_12.pdf

Notice a significant difference?

Consequently, WHICH children are more likely to live in poverty?

Blacks are oppressing THEMSELVES AND THEIR CHILDREN via their HIGHLY irresponsible behavior.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has a few in depth articles covering the topic. Don't embarrass by not reading the articles.
Yes, the CDC does publish the statistics. I linked their most recent report.
Quote:
Hispanics have the highest births out of wedlock followed by blacks and then whites.

You're wrong.

Unwed Birth Rate

Black, Non-Hispanic: 70.9%

Hispanic: 52.9%

White, Non-Hispanic: 29.9%

Old 07-26-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So you think that all black children are raised in bad, unsupportive families when they are born out of wedlock??
Are Black children not disproportionately poor? Poverty is linked to single parenthood:

Single mothers much more likely to live in poverty :: College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Quote:
Your link which has been debunked numerous times does not negate what I stated.
It has not been debunked. You're just in denial.

The forgotten history of Britain's white slaves - Telegraph

Quote:
FWIW, this will by my only response to you because you always post the same things over and over and rarely provide any sort of interesting discourse in conversations.
That's because you're not interested in the truth. You have a fictional alternative imprinted on your brain and no matter how many FACTS I and others post, you just won't let go of your delusions.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:27 AM

7 posts, read 6,400 times
Quote:
They're NOT outdated.

Latest published CDC statistics:

Unwed Birth Rates

Black Non-Hispanic: 70.9%

White Non-Hispanic: 29.9%

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_12.pdf

Notice a significant difference?

Consequently, WHICH children are more likely to live in poverty?

Blacks are oppressing THEMSELVES AND THEIR CHILDREN via their HIGHLY irresponsible behavior.
That number would be much lower if we were to take out the white women who are having black illegitimate biracials. I read a study somewhere that stated 92% of black mixed babies are born out of wedlock which is even higher than for black babies. Black men do not make good long term partners just sperm donors.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:58 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinUp5 View Post
That number would be much lower if we were to take out the white women who are having black illegitimate biracials. I read a study somewhere that stated 92% of black mixed babies are born out of wedlock which is even higher than for black babies. Black men do not make good long term partners just sperm donors.
Actually, single Black men are more likely to be childless than single Black women, or other races of women. 42 percent of Black women are single, but 43 percent of Black men are also single. Chances are, alot of women are having children with a relatively small number of men. In many cases, the women who have children out of wedlock don't have an idea who the father is. Women have alot of blame in this too. You could say the women are choosing bad men. If Black men make bad long term partners, then so do alot of women. If the man is a sperm donor, that woman is sperm receiver. Unless rape was involved, those women had unprotected sex willingly. And I've heard alot of reports of eligible, hardworking Black men who get turned down be women for being "lame". It's happened to me. This means alot of women have a high propensity to choose bad men.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:48 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, single Black men are more likely to be childless than single Black women, or other races of women. 42 percent of Black women are single, but 43 percent of Black men are also single. Chances are, alot of women are having children with a relatively small number of men. In many cases, the women who have children out of wedlock don't have an idea who the father is. Women have alot of blame in this too. You could say the women are choosing bad men. If Black men make bad long term partners, then so do alot of women. If the man is a sperm donor, that woman is sperm receiver. Unless rape was involved, those women had unprotected sex willingly. And I've heard alot of reports of eligible, hardworking Black men who get turned down be women for being "lame". It's happened to me. This means alot of women have a high propensity to choose bad men.
In the minds of a white supremacist gynocentric society, black men are just up and leaving their families. But in reality, more females are choosing the government and replacing husbands/fathers. And they're silent of the types of men these females tend to choose rather than decent ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies