Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:20 AM

12,912 posts, read 13,596,533 times

Advertisements

In 1942 Ashley Montagu, the most important theorist on anthropology in the 20th century, wrote a book titled, Man's Most Dangerous Myth, the fallacy of race. I suspect not many people have heard of him or read his book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 12:55 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,133,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
So you're saying that because the U.S. made a grave error that no effort to make it right will ever be good enough? That's basically what you're saying. You're ignoring all the steps towards making the black community equal and focusing on what happened before our time. We can't change the past, but we can change the future. Right now every step forward that MLK and others made to try to bring our society together is being trampled on and undone. Yet somehow, it is still the white person's fault.

Here's an honest question that no one wants to answer (I assume it's because no one really wants to find an answer). What do you think it will take to fix the issue? What else can we do?
No.

The question is WHY IS THERE A RACE ISSUE IN THE USA?

I answered the question...and it isn't limited to African-Americans. The nation is more than White and African-Americans.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:04 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Why there is a race issue in the USA?
Because a Black President(1/2 breed) embolden the black community to be something they never were. look at me now, hear me roar. Like their crap matters more now, than before. It hasn't changed. It never will as long as anyone is denied the ability to actually fight back.
Identity politics fuels the fire.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:28 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,165,351 times
If you trust history blacks did very well and were moving up until the mid 1960's. Then the welfare programs kicked in and wham...they have gone down hill fast. The modern day Black Culture is a failure when compared to European and Asian cultures.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:47 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,395,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Slavery went on from 1619 to 1865
Jim Crow 1877-1965

Blacks have only experience some sense of freedom for a bit more than 50 years.

Most black Americans are descendant of slaves.

It is not the same thing to be the son of a slave than to be the son of a merchant, a farm owner, a businessman, a doctor, a lawyer, a police officer, a school teacher, etc, etc.

Blacks started at ZERO and had ZERO education or training. They had no one to look up to as the families were broken apart.

American Blacks have done phenomenally well given the original position from where they started. And 51 years is not a long time since the end of Jim Crow.

Most people of European heritage like myself can look back for 500-1000 years of successful heritage where families were together and values were passed down. Blacks could not pass anything down because there was no family.

Some American blacks found a way to somehow have a family and those folks have done very well and surpassed many whites.

Oppression from 1619 until 1965 created a generation of people that was overtly sensitive to perceived racism. They have lived in stress for hundreds of years and that explains the hypersensitivity to cops and authority.
False. All of it is false.

This is the problem with Black America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszQ...ature=youtu.be

Old 08-04-2016, 03:50 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,165,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdlord View Post
Not saying that the Great Society programs had nothing to do with it, but manufacturing jobs also peaked in the 60's. Abundant jobs for non college educated blacks = black families not requiring welfare.
True, but that also happened to across the board to all cultures here in America. But there was and still is a education system in place where people could move into other sectors of the economy. Plus, starting you own business was always an option.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,772,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
False. All of it is false.

This is the problem with Black America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszQ...ature=youtu.be
As has been said by me personally many times on this forum, a majority of black children grow up knowing their fathers and their fathers are involved in their lives.

Out of wedlock birthrates do not mean that children grow up without fathers.

Also out of wedlock birthrates have increased for all demographics over the past 40 years and in that 40 years crime has gone down and educational achievement has gone up. Black Americans have had the largest decreases in crime statistics and the highest increased in educational achievement during that time period so everyone attempting to related "absent fathers" to black people having negative statistics are

1 - ignoring the legacy of the very recent decrease in systematic/institutional racism that actually is a factor in economic, education, and crime statistics

2 - being born out of wedlock does not mean a child doesn't have a father in his/her life (I was born out of wedlock and have always known my father, my parents got married later on in my life. My oldest child was born out of wedlock and I am currently married to his father and we have lived together for 16 years)

and

3 - Out of wedlock birthrates are not directly related to any negative social ills in regards to educational achievement or crime statistics

I'll sum up with the fact that was brought up earlier in the thread - black people have gained in nearly every socio-economic statistical category that is tracked since 1970 when systematic racism declined substantially. Black Americans are continuing to gain ground in every one (even a slowing of the out of wedlock birthrate and an increase in marriage rates of late). So all of this "black people need to do______" is really not needed and is silly for a non-black person to even say to any black person.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:50 AM

72,847 posts, read 62,306,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
White females are catching up there as far as turning to the nanny state. Also a lot of them have convinced black females to turn against black men, and it worked.
I live in an area where this is happening. Outskirts of metro Atlanta.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
If you trust history blacks did very well and were moving up until the mid 1960's. Then the welfare programs kicked in and wham...they have gone down hill fast. The modern day Black Culture is a failure when compared to European and Asian cultures.
Actually, there are more Blacks with college degrees, professional jobs, and in the middle class than at any time before the 1960s. The Blacks who are doing bad today are often part of the underclass culture that has always existed. I notice access to education gets people out of that culture. What you see in the ghettos today is what happens when the best of the Black population flees. Those that are there are those left behind.

Something else. There was a welfare program during the 1930s. Only White women were allowed to have it. White women still had lower out of wedlock birth rates than Black women. Black women have had higher out of wedlock birth rates than anyone else for a long time, before the welfare programs. Go look up the Moynihan Report.

Did you know that in the 1950s, divorce rates for Black couples rose while divorce rates for White couples dropped? They rose for everyone once no-fault divorce was implemented.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Why would Black men want to turn Black females against them? To get out of having to support their own kids?
Actually, Black men are less likely to have any children than Black women. This means alot of women are having children by a smaller subset of the male population. Basically, alot of men are opting not to father children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies