Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 08:23 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Which cops were killed by actual members of the BLM.

Hard to say, but if they were inspired to kill by BLM it hardly matters, does it.

Despicable that you would parse like this to defend a violent group like BLM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 08:45 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Whether the killings were a direct action taken by admitted members of BLM or if the killings were inspired by BLM makes no difference. The seed was planted, and grew very quickly.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:54 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times
Man vandalizes own truck, blames it on Black Lives Matter - NY Daily News

Old 07-20-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Hard to say, but if they were inspired to kill by BLM it hardly matters, does it.

Despicable that you would parse like this to defend a violent group like BLM.

I find it despicable that you defend the Violent and Corrupt police departments of America It's just history repeating itself. All of this stuff that's happening

Old 07-20-2016, 09:28 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Im using the vocabulary I see being used on here. I think you skipped that post
Yes, we've seen your vocabulary. Let's not forget the racial epithet you used to describe a black conservative. Your post was worthy of a KKK poster.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:33 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
How people say BLM is racist is beyond me for the fact that WHITE PEOPLE ARE APART OF THE GROUP AS WELL
But I think that's part of the problem. You have an organization that has gotten people all riled up and which does have -- in my view -- some pretty outrageous goals (about as outrageous as some of our White supremacist, White take back our country gun nuts here on City-Data, some of which want to overthrow the government), and then you can't control everyone in the organization. Donald Trump got people all riled up to the point that he suggested roughing protesters up. When you are in any group and you get people riled up enough, there will be some that lose control and can't be controlled. That's a fair criticism.

However, that does not mean that the rest of the people lose their right to protest, and there may be times that limited civil disobedience is necessary.

However, BLM leaders have not publicly tried to control or calm situations down.'

This is why I support black lives matter, but not Black Lives Matter.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:50 AM

27,122 posts, read 15,305,548 times
Quote:
Show me and entire group because there are many chapters to BLM across america . So you need to show me photos showing every chapter across america doing what the KKK has done. When BLM as whole begin to kill 4,000 whites then we can compare.

Man, it's a fairly new organization give them time to catch up.

" Pigs in a blanket" and the rest that goes along with it don't sound like your favorite local Rotary Club to me.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, we've seen your vocabulary. Let's not forget the racial epithet you used to describe a black conservative. Your post was worthy of a KKK poster.
And Ive seen your choice of words regarding blacks so pooch on to the next person.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Man, it's a fairly new organization give them time to catch up.

" Pigs in a blanket" and the rest that goes along with it don't sound like your favorite local Rotary Club to me.
Blacks have been calling police that for years. Police brutality has been going on for centuries nothing new what you see was going on before BLM. These people who had these feelings before BLM. The behavior from the police and from the black community has been going on before a lot of us were born. Nothing new. Just need to find a solution to all of this.

NWA even made a song about it called F the police

https://youtu.be/TGREnfgojkk

Ice T had one too called Cop killer

https://youtu.be/4Jwv5tXrMaY

US police departments in the 60s

https://youtu.be/ggUt0gJh9U8

Old 07-20-2016, 11:20 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Quote:
Blacks have been calling police that for years. Police brutality has been going on for centuries nothing new what you see was going on before BLM. These people who had these feelings before BLM. The behavior from the police and from the black community has been going on before a lot of us were born. Nothing new. Just need to find a solution to all of this.

NWA even made a song about it called F the police

https://youtu.be/TGREnfgojkk

Ice T had one too called Cop killer

https://youtu.be/4Jwv5tXrMaY

US police departments in the 60s

https://youtu.be/ggUt0gJh9U8

The solution has been stated numerous times.

Don't break the law.
Don't run from the police.
Don't attempt to take the police's weapons.
Don't attempt to shoot the police.

Oh... did I mention, DON'T BREAK THE LAW.

As for police, some are dirty. That happens in any position of power. Look at Congress. People who have an agenda will push it once they have the power to do so. What needs to happen is that the good LEO's should start trying to get the bad ones out of power. In the meantime, everyone needs to follow the law and that will help avoid the number of confrontations the public has with the police.

I know you're going to mention profiling, so I'll beat you to it.

If you're in a city where the majority of crime is committed by someone who looks a certain way those are the people that police are watching for start working in your community to change the mindset of those people so that they stop committing the crimes and when the crime dies down, so does the instances of police profiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies