Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmZ9F2A60Mw

How to deal with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 12:07 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
I think that a lot of the BLM protesters are young, unorganized and unfocused. The movement itself is not a cohesive one with REAL top down leadership. So anyone at any point regarding any issue can write BLM on a sign and then they represent the BLM movement. That is a very dangerous thing because that movement's agenda can be easily co-opted by ANYONE with any agenda.

Personally, I do not support BLM. And its not because there isn't an issue with police brutality but because they are not affecting positive change IMO. Shoving people, yelling at people, etc. is not effective in having your voice and grievances heard. I believe in non-violent protest.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
They want to be heard... or do they just want violence??

Old 07-20-2016, 12:14 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that a lot of the BLM protesters are young, unorganized and unfocused. The movement itself is not a cohesive one with REAL top down leadership. So anyone at any point regarding any issue can write BLM on a sign and then they represent the BLM movement. That is a very dangerous thing because that movement's agenda can be easily co-opted by ANYONE with any agenda.

Personally, I do not support BLM. And its not because there isn't an issue with police brutality but because they are not affecting positive change IMO. Shoving people, yelling at people, etc. is not effective in having your voice and grievances heard. I believe in non-violent protest.
Yes this is what is happening in Los Angeles right now .
They want the police chief fired because an officer shot a lady that was going towards them with a knife!
100 % of those BLM people would do the same exact thing if they were in the officers shoes

Now the Chief is actually trying to talk with them and they are just shouting , I don't even know why the politicians give them the time of day

Chief Beck Meets With L.A. Police Commission As BLM Calls For His Resignation Again « CBS Los Angeles

hopefully we don't see more cop killings

Old 07-20-2016, 12:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

This is how I see BLM.

There are the ones who created the movement: Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi and are supposed to be the directors of the movement but I don't believe that they are fully in "control" of BLM.

For example, let's say that something happens in Provo, UT or Walla Walla, WA or wherever. Well what happens is that a news report regarding an incident is tweeted and retweeted, posted on FaceBook, posted on Instagram and SnapChat...with in hours you have a crowd of teens and 20 somethings out in the street hokding BLM signs. They are most likely not organized by or have never even had any contact with the leaders in the BLM "organization".

And then you have local people (community organizers, ministers, etc.) who are trying to make a name for themselves who attempt to represent themselves as a "leader".

This is one of the reasons why it is dangerous for the media to assign the label of "leader" to any random person holding a bullhorn or who stands in front of the camera seeking notoriety. There are a lot of individual agendas being pushed.

My prediction is that BLM will be "infiltrated" and disbanded within the next few years.

But to answer your question, I believe that the "official" organization wants to be heard BUT the co-opted movement is without a true purpose. We can even see on this forum that every crime committed by a young black person is being labeled BLM.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They want to be heard and if not, violence.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:10 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
GASP! You mean BLM folks might not like the propaganda arm of Fox news? And they were mean? And yelled at the poor guy? OH NOES!

Old 07-20-2016, 05:02 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
I think the issue was with Fox news moreso than with BLM behavior.

Fox news wants to write a narrative that makes them look bad and expect to get respect when they come in to their neighborhood is dumb.

Fox news is gearing up the low class and unlearned to get them to believe what ever they want. Such a horrible network. They are responsible for racial tensions in our country.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:10 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I think the issue was with Fox news moreso than with BLM behavior.

Fox news wants to write a narrative that makes them look bad and expect to get respect when they come in to their neighborhood is dumb.

Fox news is gearing up the low class and unlearned to get them to believe what ever they want. Such a horrible network. They are responsible for racial tensions in our country.
Funny how liberals love to spew out uneducated at rightwingers or anything in general that disagrees with them when you look at their mobs they call protesters.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:42 AM

21,122 posts, read 19,707,707 times
How to deal with it? Keep putting them on TV to let all the world know how hateful and dangerous they are. Let the good black people get so fed up with it that they start becoming vocal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies