Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 09:46 AM

142 posts, read 72,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Terrible situation, I would have to guess negligent discharge. Those officers shouldn't have been working if that went down the way it says, they may not have been in the state of mind to do their job correctly. The one that shot him is likely screwed and rightly so if he was negligent. Glad the guy was only injured, he seems like a real solid and reasonable guy.
Yes, sounds like an accident. The guy can't be too badly injured since he described the pain as a mosquito bite.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:47 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'll bet that he is not. We know the police officer that shot and killed Tamir Rice lied about what happened before he knew there was video and had previously been determined to be not mentally capable to be a police officer. He still is.

I am sorry but it was a horrible post that I replied to.

It is no different than Rush Limbaugh saying that BLM doesn't want the constitution that they want independent black states.

You can't create absurd demonoizations to generalize a group unless you've bought into propaganda, which is kind of being brainwashed.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:51 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Who are we to believe , BLM or our own eyes?

Old 07-21-2016, 09:52 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,137,107 times
What kind of training do cops get now??? Everything is a gun in their eyes.

Samsung Galaxy Note=HE HAD A GUN
Wallet- HE HAD A GUN
TOY TRUCK- HE HAD A GUN

Im sure next will be a over ripe Banana mistaken for a gun.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:52 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,664,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The other side of that coin is that police departments MUST stop defending bad cops, and start admitting when one of their own does something wrong.

THAT, to me, is the real root cause of all the tension and fear much of the public feels. I mean, when cops are being taped beating a man for no reason, go to trial, and are found not guilty of anything, what message does that convey? It creates fear and paranoia in the general population.

And, I agree with Green Mariner. It doesn't matter one iota to me what colors cop and victim are. Never has.

You're right. That is an absolute issue. Cops need to stop being afraid to out the wrong-doers for fear of losing their job. You're there to uphold the law and to capture those who break it, regardless of their rank or class.

I think a lot of cops are fearful of doing this because of what it might mean for their livelihood. I also think some departments are afraid to admit to it because it would make them look weak in the eyes of the general public and create more backlash.

In the end though, they're just going to have to do it and deal with the consequences. The longer it goes on, the worse off good cops are going to be.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
What kind of training do cops get now??? Everything is a gun in their eyes.

Samsung Galaxy Note=HE HAD A GUN
Wallet- HE HAD A GUN
TOY TRUCK- HE HAD A GUN

Im sure next will be a over ripe Banana mistaken for a gun.
It's because they were mostly able to get away with that excuse for so long.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:55 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Since when has there been a time when some officers didn't think the worst of Blacks?

Yes, and when has there been a time when some Blacks didn't think the worst of LEOs (or Whites)?

Yes, it has been said repeatedly, but it needs to be said again: People should stop judging others based on occupation or skin color because that is just so stupid and wrong. Some people are "bad" and some people are "good", but that is much more a result of what is on the inside than what is on the outside.

(The only reason I say "more" is because I think it is easier to be "good" if one has been privileged in life and not been victimized and/or discriminated against, whereas I think it is easier to be "bad" if the foregoing was not true.)

Old 07-21-2016, 09:59 AM

455 posts, read 283,407 times
and people wonder why cops are hated so much. complete idiots with badges out there.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Yes, and when has there been a time when some Blacks didn't think the worst of LEOs (or Whites)?
They aren't placed in positions of authority though.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:03 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
They got a call that a mentally challenged/unstable man had a gun. The cop showed up and proved them right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies