Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 10:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Obama needs to setup a special FBI task force to investigate and hold accountable local police juristictions for these unprovoked shootings, like they did back in the days of Selma. This guy did everything he was supposed to do, and still got shot. Hopefully he will get some financial award... which the taxpayers will end up paying.

New Video Shows Moments Before and After Man Was Shot by North Miami Police Officer | NBC 6 South Florida
This guy ain't no dummy. I suspect we have not heard the last of this.

Is it too much to ask that we stop shooting each other?

Old 07-21-2016, 10:55 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implici...pot/tablet.htm

All cops and recruits should be required to take the first and last test listed here.

If they score to have anything more than a slight racial bias, they should not be cops.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:56 AM

455 posts, read 283,556 times
Body cams are only a small thing.

The main thing is to get back to community policing.

The cops should be your neighbors, people you know, etc.

This white who tried to murder the black guy most likely never interacts with people in the area. He's probably living in a white suburb where there are few blacks.

The white think of his job as going to war and the community sees the white male as a hostile invader.

You get rid of that with community policing.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:59 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
what did the innocent victim do that required he be electrocuted?
I wasn't specifically referring to this case but in general, just thought there might be some LEOs reading threads like this one.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

All cops and recruits should be required to take the first and last test listed here.

If they score to have anything more than a slight racial bias, they should not be cops.
That would disqualify 99.99999% of Americans.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:01 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,100 times
Ok, so after watching the video...I think the police officer is definitely wrong and I side with the shooting victim on this one. However, did anyone else notice the reporter saying "police received a call about an individual in the street with a gun"? I think the officer had a right to be on edge (because I wouldn't personally take someone's word that they didn't have a gun ESPECIALLY in Miami), but he reacted prematurely and excessively. Probably a rookie. This wouldn't even be a story if they had walked over and checked the victim's person to make sure he didn't have a weapon.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:03 AM

391 posts, read 454,082 times
Bodycams will not resolve 100% of cases, but they are the cheapest and easiest quick fix. Everything else will take decades to implement like improved screening standards, training, community policing, etc. The bodycam quick fix should be a federal law that makes it mandatory for all cops to wear bodycams that dont fall out or malfunction, get activated when they are on a call, keeps privacy in mind,im sure they can tweak it. This will prevent bad apples from even applying to be cops, if they know they wont get away with bad behavior

Old 07-21-2016, 11:03 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
your right. it was a white male. like it always is.

a white male shot at him 3 times.

and your going to see white males on here defending him sooner than later.

they'll look at this guy and see that he got a b- in high school so he was going to be a threat later in life, which justified lethal action.

same justification they use in all shootings of black men by white cops.
Miami police have not identified shooter but congrats on making it about race

Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

What a stupid test. I started to take the first test and on the very first question I could not provide an answer. It's a loaded question.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:16 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Happen in my home town and it continues. Someone called in and said someone had a gun. Here come to police ready to shoot

If someone has a gun the police are supposed to show up ready to shoot. Are you not aware of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies