Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 11:17 AM

391 posts, read 454,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
If someone has a gun the police are supposed to show up ready to shoot. Are you not aware of that?
Unless ur white. Ull be given plenty of chances to comply before getting shot.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:18 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,149,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
so now it seems that if you lay down, put your hands in the air and do all the things you are supposed to do - the Police will still shoot you

avoid the Police at all costs

it just may save your life

so sad
I will cross the street if I see a cop walking my direction or a cop car parked if its isolated. I don't dare look at them in the eye, I try not to make the slightest sudden movement, I DON'T run, and I don't fully turn my back. And keep the facial expression completely neutral. Don't even breathe too obviously.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:20 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I will cross the street if I see a cop walking my direction or a cop car parked if its isolated. I don't dare look at them in the eye, I try not to make the slightest sudden movement, I DON'T run, and I don't fully turn my back. And keep the facial expression completely neutral. Don't even breathe too obviously.
Well that certainly won't arouse anyone's suspicion.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
And why do you live in such perpetual fear?

Also, is it a systematic problem or just some bad apples?

Old 07-21-2016, 11:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
No, the feds should not drop in every time a cop does something stupid. It is a local issue. If the local police force has a pattern of violating civil rights that would be cause for state or federal intervention.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:35 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,992,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Obama needs to setup a special FBI task force to investigate and hold accountable local police juristictions for these unprovoked shootings, like they did back in the days of Selma. This guy did everything he was supposed to do, and still got shot. Hopefully he will get some financial award... which the taxpayers will end up paying.

New Video Shows Moments Before and After Man Was Shot by North Miami Police Officer | NBC 6 South Florida
Itchy trigger finger plus not having your safety on equals accidental shooting. I'm sure he'll be fired for his mistake, and the guy will get millions.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:42 AM

50,884 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
There are too many police that should not be police. These incidents only fan the flame. What needs to happen is accountability, but the legal system does NOT hold guilty police accountable. There will be an extended "investigation", and after the news dies down- the officer will be re-instated or let go. He will NOT go to jail, that is for sure. If he loses his job, another police dept will hire him- they just move the bad apples around (like the Catholic Priests molesting children). The main priority is to NEVER admit they were wrong.
My only real hope is two-fold:

That police will increasingly understand that even the cursory investigations that almost always go their way are still a pain in the patutie, and that they'll think before acting just to avoid that and being in the spotlight;

And that increasing law suits will convince localities to crack down from a purely monetary standpoint.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:43 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,783,252 times
I really feel for the victim and glad he survived. Actually I am thinking of sending him a check as my heart breaks for what he had to endure. He seems like a good guy.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:44 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,783,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trysometh View Post
This a good example of the guy complying, doing everything right, NOT a criminal, and still getting shot. But of course, black people just make it all up, according to republicans/racists.
To label republicans as racists is pretty ignorant.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Officers responded to the scene Monday to find 47-year-old Charles Kinsey, a therapist who works with people with disabilities, according to WSVN-TV (Video shows moments before North Miami Police shot unarmed man – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale), trying to get his 27-year-old patient back to a facility from where he wandered.

Cuevas says police ordered Kinsey and the patient, who was sitting in the street playing with a toy truck, to lie on the ground. Kinsey lies down and puts his hands up while trying to get his patient to comply. An officer then fired three times, striking Kinsey in the leg, Cuevas said. No weapon was found.

Another carless cop.....?

Police Shoot Autistic Man's Caretaker as He Lies in Street - ABC News

I just saw the video. How ridiculous. It looks like they were aiming for the guy sitting up since he refused to lay down. Even I can tell he had some marbles loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies