Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 11:44 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times

Advertisements

Events like these me me sick.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:07 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Best advise of the week. This race s()$ is soooo old.. Sure the media and politicians thrive on it.
That is said so often by people who almost always participate in threads about racial concerns.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:13 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Looked to me like the police were black also not sure race had anything to do with it I would say more like incompetence, and poor training. Police departments seem to have a good cadet screening and training program but once officers are on the street it's near impossible to get rid of bad officers. I'm not just talking about one who are outright above the law it's the incompetent ones the ones who cant handle high stress situations just plane stupid and should never be an officer. It's a combination of police unions, other officers covering for them, and red tape government process to get rid of someone.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:24 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Absolutely^. BLM supporters wonder why the mainstream doesnt get behind them when thugs like Michael Brown are mixed in with Innocents, as it may be in this case.

May be???

Old 07-21-2016, 06:34 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That is said so often by people who almost always participate in threads about racial concerns.
There was a good stretch of very few "race" threads a while back. I refused to look at them or participate. Then things blew up.. Coincidence elections are coming? I myself can get caught up in the bluster and finger pointing but if a person steps back and takes a breath and lets go of the emotions, the picture is clearer.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:36 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times

take his badge away. WTH!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2016, 07:07 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
There are too many police that should not be police. These incidents only fan the flame. What needs to happen is accountability, but the legal system does NOT hold guilty police accountable. There will be an extended "investigation", and after the news dies down- the officer will be re-instated or let go. He will NOT go to jail, that is for sure. If he loses his job, another police dept will hire him- they just move the bad apples around (like the Catholic Priests molesting children). The main priority is to NEVER admit they were wrong.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh here we go on. Come on cop apologists, bring on the excuses. Did the runaway slave, err I mean the nice black man, didn't put his hands up far enough?
We all know he'll say their pet phrase- "I felt that my life was threatened" That usually works to get them off the hook.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:10 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
If the officer acted inappropriately (which the evidence points to right now) then he needs to be punished accordingly. The badge doesn't give one the right to break the law. Law Enforcement should know more than anyone that with tension so high right now, an extra level of caution needs to be taken when dealing with the public. With the evidence currently available, I don't see where the caretaker was doing anything wrong, therefore my opinion stands that the officer was wrong.

That being said, I don't think the kneejerk reaction should be to blame all cops. Not all are bad. It seems as of late that people want to jump on a bandwagon of one bad apple means all bad apples. Definitely not the case here. I do think psych evaluations should be mandatory for law enforcement regularly to ensure they can perform their duties appropriately and effectively and reduce the chances of things like this happening again in the future.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Three shots from a rifle and only one struck and lightly wounded the man lying on the ground? That's either some poor marksmanship or an accidental shot, although it would mean the officer missed the autistic guy completely.

Luckily nobody was killed. The cop will be looking for a new job soon.
He'll find one, as these guys always get hired by other departments- they do indeed protect their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies