Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 12:43 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Your post with neither clever nor profound. Mindless??? Bingo!!!
So, as with tattoos you apparently label anything you don't understand as mindless?

Got it!

Old 07-21-2016, 12:45 PM

788 posts, read 512,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd like to see you walk into virtually any VFW where Iraq war vets are enjoying a beer and express your opinions about those who have tattoos.
Me too.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:47 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,523,041 times
Quote:
It is an eyesore that is more and more prevalent. Just like if more and more people walked around society after deciding no to bath. Frankly, I don't understand the practice of men going on TV shows, either as guest, or host or MC, etc., with a 5 o'clock (yesterday) shadow. Show a little respect for others and act like you have some civility.

It is all sort of the same rubric which spells a coarsening of our society, which affects us all. To anyone thinking about getting stampage, I would ask you to think about the society you are helping look like trailer trash before you get stamped up with your ugly skin-graffiti. Also, pull your pants up, too. We aren't really fascinated with your underwear, either. And don't wear underwear (wife-beaters) as outer-wear, either. Show a little class, or at least keep your low-class under wraps or in the ghetto where it belongs.
I had a job at a grocery store when I was a teenager. If male workers had earrings or nose rings (females too with these), they had to take them out or cover them up. Anyone with tattoos on their arms had to wear long sleeves to conceal them. They wouldn't hire you with tats on your neck or face, or anywhere else visible.

Now I see male clerks with nose rings, eyebrow piercings, gauges in their ears. Tats everywhere. How does that make people perceive the employers? Unfavorably, IMO. Maybe I'm just getting old and times are changing, I don't know. Things like this happen every generation, I'm sure.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
So, as with tattoos you apparently label anything you don't understand as mindless?

Got it!
I understood it and assessed it perfectly.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I understood it and assessed it perfectly.
Much like you do with what other people do with their bodies and their $$$, eh?

Old 07-21-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Me too.
Something holding you back?

Old 07-21-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I had a job at a grocery store when I was a teenager. If male workers had earrings or nose rings (females too with these), they had to take them out or cover them up. Anyone with tattoos on their arms had to wear long sleeves to conceal them. They wouldn't hire you with tats on your neck or face, or anywhere else visible.

Now I see male clerks with nose rings, eyebrow piercings, gauges in their ears. Tats everywhere. How does that make people perceive the employers? Unfavorably, IMO. Maybe I'm just getting old and times are changing, I don't know. Things like this happen every generation, I'm sure.
It just coarsens and trashes our society. An abdication of any societal norms. I never saw Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show unshaven, but now, some of those guy looked like they haven't shaved in a week or more. Are we supposed to be favorably impressed by their grungy, trashy appearance? People need to have a little respect for others and not turn mainstreet into Ghetto-Central.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:03 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
I think people who do this are ruined for life, and do harm to our society by making it look like we are a bunch of coarse, non-thinking fools so gullible as to think that there is any benefit, temporary or otherwise to such defilement. It speaks volumes about how trashy and coarse our society is becoming. Can you imaging how inappropriate it would be to try to become a successful doctor bearing all that garbage on your body. Who would trust a doctor with stampage around his or her neck, or with arms that look like some south-seas warrior-savage? Not me - not for one second. It just screams everything undesirable in a person you must rely on for important services.

And the worst thing is that otherwise pretty young girls are ruining their appearance for life with the biker-trash stampage. How sad - so much potential dead-ended by stampage. Uncivilized and worse is the message stampage sends.
Who the hell cares? Except, of course, you...

Old 07-21-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Something holding you back?
Nothing whatsoever.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:05 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
tattoos are a way to express yourself, sometimes it's a cultural expression. the op sounds pretty judgmental "people not amounting to much" there are millions of very successful people who have tats. don't like them don't get one, simple.
Yeah, but you know tattoos have reach the stage of boring and mundane when you see 80 year old grannies at the tattoo parlor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies