Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 01:17 PM

788 posts, read 512,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
I'm a tattooed grandma and proud of my ink. Both of my tatts have spiritual significance and are symbols of my perseverance and faith. Most people with tattoos have them to commemorate someone or something significant and meaningful to their lives.

OP, thou doth protest too much. Could you be just a little jealous of those who dare to express themselves and not care what the snooty next door neighbors might think?
Jealous of trailer trash? You have GOT to be kidding.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:19 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
A substitute for low self-esteem? Sounds plausible.

I am not a prude, but there was a day when people wore seen in public wearing only a suit or similar attire. Look at old photos. Now, we look, in way too many cases, like a bunch of Trailer Trash rag-a-muffins.

I grew up in a military environment, and served for 4 years myself, and never save 5% of the stampage that proliferates these days. Like nobody has any self-control or self-respect or respect for others (who must endure seeing your trashy appearance day-in and day-out), any more. We are heading toward being a country of self-obsessed trailer-trash.
You talking about respect for others is quite laughable as your only concern for others appears to be that they conform to your 'standards'

Old 07-21-2016, 01:19 PM

221 posts, read 187,310 times
Quote:
Jealous of trailer trash? You have GOT to be kidding.
No trailer trash here. I guess it takes one to know one though.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I don't personally like tattoos, but I generally tell tattoo people they look great. What am I supposed to say to them? That they look bad????? No way, it is not my place to insult others over a tattoo.

Tattooed women are always told they look sexy and hot by guys. Even guys that dislike tattoos. Why? Everybody knows tattoo women put out much more.
I don't tell people to their face how stupid, how ugly, how trashy, how immature they look. However, I do have an opinion, and I am speaking it here. When I see tramps, I just look the other way, but they are so abnormal, they catch my eye.

Maybe people who get Tramped-up are trying to garner attention to themselves. Sad and pathetic way to get it.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
No trailer trash here. I guess it takes one to know one though.
I neither know you, nor engage in debate by nursery rhymes or the equivalent. Perhaps you could try harder to say something meaningful.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You talking about respect for others is quite laughable as your only concern for others appears to be that they conform to your 'standards'
I am not saying they have to conform to my standards. I am, however, opining that there doesn't seem to be any, or any meaningful standards among many nowadays. Sad you can't tell the difference.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I am not saying they have to conform to my standards. I am, however, opining that there doesn't seem to be any, or any meaningful standards among many nowadays. Sad you can't tell the difference.
IF there's no meaningful standards among many as you allege, just WHAT standards are you judging people by other than your own?

Just WHAT are 'meaningful' standards in your little world?

Bernie Madoff wore a suit everyday, I guess in your world you'd consider him a role model for today's youth, eh?

Just WHERE do these mystical societal standards you continually refer to appear?

Old 07-21-2016, 01:38 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
It's funny, my wife and I just had this conversation after having a cashier at Target with big guages, a nose ring, and tattoos on her arms and chest.

We both said "hey, good for Target for accepting it and good for the manager who hired her and was willing to look past it."

It didn't make us any more or less likely to shop at Target. Of course, we are only 40-ish years old, so maybe those of older generations look at it differently.

Times are just different. There are billionaire CEOs who show up to work in jeans and a t-shirt, and that never would have happened 50 years ago.
It is because the generation of the hidden "tramp stamp" are now middle and upper management doing the hiring

Old 07-21-2016, 01:40 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF there's no meaningful standards among many as you allege, just WHAT standards are you judging people by other than your own?

Just WHAT are 'meaningful' standards in your little world?

Bernie Madoff wore a suit everyday, I guess in your world you'd consider him a role model for today's youth, eh?

Just WHERE do these mystical societal standards you continually refer to appear?
The book of Leviticus

Old 07-21-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
It is because the generation of the hidden "tramp stamp" are now middle and upper management doing the hiring
There's been no shortage of tattooed weekend HD riders wearing 3 pc suits during the week in places I've worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies