Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 12:03 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
No, you have been programmed to think you are special and that you are great which is hard to keep doing now that the competition has stiffened.

Falling into a pit? Speak for yourself, not everyone is useless in the modern economy.
Stiffened competition? lmao..There is NO competition. If there was real competition we would have no regulations, almost no taxes, slave labor, no unions and better trade deals like they do OR they would have high regulations, high taxes, expensive union contract and unfair trade deals. You must think competing against a steroid filled athlete is "stiffened" competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 12:03 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it is not. Reduce the ridiculous regulations that ONLY we have and reduce the tax burden on manufacturing things here and it will help tremendously. The ONLY reason those goods are more affordable is because:
1. Slave labor in those countries, (glad you support that)
2. High regulations and taxes that corps have to pay here
3. Unions demanding impossible contracts on US companies
4. Unfair trade deals

As to the bolded, you're right I have that view, it's where I live and my ONLY concern, I don't care about the rest of the world economically, that is for the citizens in THOSE countries to worry about. You should try caring about your own sometime and stop worrying about other places that you will never ever see in your life.

And this is how we end up with Bernie supporters.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Now I can see why the rest of world was able to gang up on folks like you.... You prefer to keep your head in the sand about the entire world. You have no to blame but yourself for not adapting.
Tell us ole wise one, how do people who relied on manufacturing jobs or people who aren't college material, like many in the poor areas supposed to "adapt"? Your egocentrically driven attitude that makes you feel so worldly is the same attitude the people who are ruining this country AND the world have.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And this is how we end up with Bernie supporters.
Yeah ok..Where in there did I say you wouldn't have to work hard and most things would be free? Anyway, you have it backwards. By supporting globalism and the downward trend of employment and economy here is how you end up with Bernie supporters.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah ok..Where in there did I say you wouldn't have to work hard and most things would be free? Anyway, you have it backwards. By supporting globalism and the downward trend of employment and economy here is how you end up with Bernie supporters.

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about DV1033 comments, which you replied to. After re-reading it I can see how you took it the way you did.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:12 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Again...the point is that COMPUTERS AND MACHINES ARE NOW DOING MOST OF THOSE JOBS.

You can't "not let them leave" unless you have a time machine or are some sort of a luddite who is going to destroy technological advances.

Trump is just promising you a bunch of nonsense to get your vote.
There are still many manufacturing jobs that are not done by automation. But, yes, with technology, we don't need a massive amount of uneducated, non-English speaking workers, thus e-verifying jobs will help advance us. Also, with 1 in 8 white collar jobs held by illegal aliens, e-verify will open 1 in every 8 white collar jobs. You have to look at all parts of what Trump has brought forth in order to see the big picture. It is all about the big picture.

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/the-a...facturing-wial

Don't forget jobs like mining and if we aren't importing foreign oil as a favor to, say someone that has taken donations from that country, we have jobs in the oil industry. Sadly, every time we open our wells, we go for cheaper foreign oil, close our wells and the price goes up. Currently jobs are being created in solar energy also.

Trump also plans to make it more attractive for companies that have left to return to our country, their home.

So, do we just roll over on our backs like a submissive pup and wet on ourselves?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There are still many manufacturing jobs that are not done by automation. But, yes, with technology, we don't need a massive amount of uneducated, non-English speaking workers, thus e-verifying jobs will help advance us. Also, with 1 in 8 white collar jobs held by illegal aliens, e-verify will open 1 in every 8 white collar jobs. You have to look at all parts of what Trump has brought forth in order to see the big picture. It is all about the big picture.

Manufacturing Job Loss Is Not Inevitable | Brookings Institution

Don't forget jobs like mining and if we aren't importing foreign oil as a favor to, say someone that has taken donations from that country, we have jobs in the oil industry. Sadly, every time we open our wells, we go for cheaper foreign oil, close our wells and the price goes up. Currently jobs are being created in solar energy also.

Trump also plans to make it more attractive for companies that have left to return to our country, their home.

So, do we just roll over on our backs like a submissive pup and wet on ourselves?

Today's youth has been programmed to think globally and any other way to think is old and obsolete. I guess you can't blame them. They probably don't remember that once upon a time a family could prospere on one job, that paying for college would put you in debt before you can even make it into the job market and that one could actually find a $75k and up job without a degree.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:33 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,902,482 times
Quote:
Completely agree.
I don't see too many countries having their version of our H1-B Visa program. Because are industries were forced into globalism , the workforce also has to be as well. And I don't see too many Americans trying to get jobs in China, Mexico, or any other low cost country.
I agree with the issue about H1-B. That program was supposed to allow companies to hire people with skills that they couldn't find in the U.S. That's fine if they need to go elsewhere, but they shouldn't get a financial advantage for using H1-B workers. The fee should be high enough so that it balances out with a domestic hire.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:45 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Today's youth has been programmed to think globally and any other way to think is old and obsolete. I guess you can't blame them. They probably don't remember that once upon a time a family could prospere on one job, that paying for college would put you in debt before you can even make it into the job market and that one could actually find a $75k and up job without a degree.

A certain segment of people think that is wrong or immoral in some way, and unfair to the rest of the global community. They didn't "deserve" that, now is payback. What were they supposed to do, not take a decent job with overtime because someone in Mexico was poor? Maybe those factory workers should have negotiated their salaries down because of guilt.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:
Stiffened competition? lmao..There is NO competition. If there was real competition we would have no regulations, almost no taxes, slave labor, no unions and better trade deals like they do OR they would have high regulations, high taxes, expensive union contract and unfair trade deals. You must think competing against a steroid filled athlete is "stiffened" competition.
Yawn... Just keep your head in the sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies